Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Romeo3 Max vs XL?

KTM530XCW

9 hours ago, Posvar said:

The V2? I heard last week that a V3 is in the works now. Maybe that is what you are referring too?

I do not know if the one I just received is the V2 or V3. It is listed as working with the XL.

Here is a picture of it next to my older Cheely RTS2 mount. You can see the material that has been machined out for clearance.

20191215_123212 (Copy).jpg

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, GJM said:

Duracell or Renata. 

I have broken so many optics, I decided I needed a new CO strategy. :)

well there goes my theory, I read a article months back stating energizer and another brand couldn’t withstand the recoil for a long period. The battery failures in the article were almost what you described. The article said Duracell was the best battery to use for optics . 

• 2 months later...

I have a 6moa Romeo3 Max on both of my open Guns. I am so pleased with this optic. It is what I will be sticking with for as long as necessary. Excellent in full sun and the glass and quality of dot  is incredible. I really think I’m a better shooter with this optic. It’s extremely easy to acquire the dot fast with the round shape. It’s very pleasing to the eye.

There is one significant current negative though....with all the stuff going on the shipments have been delayed and they are very hard to find especially in 6 moa. Sig is saying indefinitely delayed.  

22 minutes ago, Posvar said:

There is one significant current negative though....with all the stuff going on the shipments have been delayed and they are very hard to find especially in 6 moa. Sig is saying indefinitely delayed.  

I've had my second one on backorder since December 30th.

1 hour ago, echotango said:

They are out there. However, at $599. 

Oh, I know which is why I'm waiting patiently for my order.  I paid a lot less than that.  Besides my back up gun isn't built yet so I have time.  I keep an RTS2 as a back up site though, just in case.

2 hours ago, clw42 said:

Oh, I know which is why I'm waiting patiently for my order.  I paid a lot less than that.  Besides my back up gun isn't built yet so I have time.  I keep an RTS2 as a back up site though, just in case.

I'm in the same boat as you, ordered mine early January because I got a really good deal on it but still waiting for it. I didnt think that sig was this far behind in production

5 minutes ago, sean_stw said:

I'm in the same boat as you, ordered mine early January because I got a really good deal on it but still waiting for it. I didnt think that sig was this far behind in production

It has more to do with the mess overseas. 

5 hours ago, sean_stw said:

I'm sure the manufacturing stoppages in China aren't helping any.

25 minutes ago, clw42 said:

I'm sure the manufacturing stoppages in China aren't helping any.

5 hours ago, Posvar said:

It has more to do with the mess overseas. 

yeah im sure thats not helping 

Hello: I shot a open pistol today with a Romeo 3XL and it looks pretty good to me. I also shot my C-more slide ride with a 4MOA dot as well. The Romeo has a crisper dot but I like the round glass of the C-more. My eye finds the center of the glass quicker with the round shape. The elongated glass of the Romeo maybe a little better for transitions but I shoot with both eyes open so I am not sure if that would make much of a difference. I wish they were under $300 so the pain of buying one would not be as bad. For now I will wait to see what comes out in the next year or so. Come on Holosun a 1" round glass with a 4 MOA dot would be great. Thanks, Eric

8 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I shot a open pistol today with a Romeo 3XL and it looks pretty good to me. I also shot my C-more slide ride with a 4MOA dot as well. The Romeo has a crisper dot but I like the round glass of the C-more. My eye finds the center of the glass quicker with the round shape. The elongated glass of the Romeo maybe a little better for transitions but I shoot with both eyes open so I am not sure if that would make much of a difference. I wish they were under $300 so the pain of buying one would not be as bad. For now I will wait to see what comes out in the next year or so. Come on Holosun a 1" round glass with a 4 MOA dot would be great. Thanks, Eric

That is exactly why I like the Romeo3Max 

Hello: I have not seen the Romeo3Max yet so I don't know how it would compare to the XL. I am sure if I shot the XL for a while I could get used to it. I have only been shooting the C-more's for about 10 years or so. I do like the XL over the SRO I shot a while back. So many options so little funds. Thanks, Eric