Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Romeo3 Max vs XL?

KTM530XCW

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Chillywig said:

Do they direct mount the way the slide come from the factory or did you have it milled? 

I thought the sigs were the same mount as RTS2 - which needs an adapter plate?

It must be milled as the optics are a good bit longer in front than the RTS2

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, SwissCM said:

I tested yesterday the Max in 3moa. It's amazing, very happy with it. I broke two Rts2 in the past 10 months. Hope the sig will hold for some 100k rounds🤞

Glad you like it. 100k is a very tall order for these. Hope it works out for you!

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Covfefe said:

Can any R3 Max owners provide a durability update with a couple seasons under your belt? 

I’ve been using romeo3s since they came out. Pretty much I get between 10-25k live rounds through the optic, and then it’ll have problems with the buttons. Generally I send it into sig, and it’s turned around in 2ish weeks. 

the button problem is something you can see coming a mile away. and it’s not something that will tank a match. So, I’ve just gotten into a routine with it. 

They last a lot longer on frame mounts where it seems the buttons stop working is the main failure mode rather than moving windage they'd do on slide mounts.  The two I put on open guns in 2019 are both needing replacement/repair now.  Probably ~30K rounds each.

Early on, they seemed to lose zero, with the fix being to go in and tighten a screw. Sig seems to have fixed that, as mostly all I see are the buttons stopping to work properly, the display lens cracking from impact, and recently one of mine developed a halo around the emitter. 

I had one of mine mounted to a Volquartsen pistol and always used a cover when bagging it. A little chip on the glass occurred around the top and sent to Sig and got a new one back in about 2 weeks. They even tell you to keep the mount and battery trays etc, everything but the optic itself. VERY please with the RMA process and will continue to use these dots even if they are a tad fragile.

On 1/17/2023 at 6:10 AM, GJM said:

Early on, they seemed to lose zero, with the fix being to go in and tighten a screw. Sig seems to have fixed that, as mostly all I see are the buttons stopping to work properly, the display lens cracking from impact, and recently one of mine developed a halo around the emitter. 

The halo may be dirt.  You can get a zillion-pack of tiny plastic "micro-applicator" Q-tips off Amazon (sold for eye-lining or something so you may get interesting ads for a while), and bend one to get in there and clean.

Just now, shred said:

The halo may be dirt.  You can get a zillion-pack of tiny plastic Q-tips off Amazon (sold for eye-lining or something), and bend one to get in there and clean.

Exactly right with the halo. Mine get that way and I clean them with a little foam window cleaner and a small q-tip.