Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wanted one.  I was stocking up on magazines and was planning on selling my P-07 once I bought one.  Then I wanted to start shooting carry optics.  Bought a P-10 F.  Then I bought a PCC.   Now I sold my CZ's and bought a G34 MOS so magazines all are Glock.  Since you cannot compete with a DWX in any USPSA Division besides A fudgecicle nobody but a few crayon chewers and winder likkers want or open minor I am not sure if I would buy one anymore.  I do have a Dan Wesson Pointman 9 and it is my favorite gun.  I did shoot SS with it for a few years.  With 50+ year old eyes and limited competition opportunities due to work I like red dots.   

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So totally not getting anyone's expectations up. Ran in to a colt executive at a restaurant.  Who questioned me why I has a cz hat. I did explain.  Than I asked him how is the DWX coming?(obviously joking)  His answer was kind of confusing.  He said they are on the way to colt. I repeated the question.  And the answer was the same. 

He was a bit trashed so I have no idea what that all means.  This Just for information. 

Edited by 1911vm

52 minutes ago, Posvar said:

Hmmm. I need to Google that as I have no idea what that is/was. 

Was a Colt CZ project, that Colt discontinued, so CZ built the 40B and 40P from the remains.

• 2 weeks later...

Was anyone on this thread able to attend the NRA convention in Houston?  If they had the gun in the CZ / Dan Wesson booth there is still hope.  No gun in the booth probably means no gun ever.  

20 hours ago, DewarsH2O said:

Was anyone on this thread able to attend the NRA convention in Houston?  If they had the gun in the CZ / Dan Wesson booth there is still hope.  No gun in the booth probably means no gun ever.  

A CZ rep at the show was answering questions via their instagram page. Her answer to a DWX question reiterated what CZ has said previously: “promotion” is halted but they are committed to bringing the gun to market

18 hours ago, Nolf1344 said:

A CZ rep at the show was answering questions via their instagram page. Her answer to a DWX question reiterated what CZ has said previously: “promotion” is halted but they are committed to bringing the gun to market

Thank you!  So the answer is essentially no answer.  I have been "committed" to losing another 15 pounds the past fie years.....

• 2 weeks later...

Shows on DW site as in stock, I was able to add one to a cart. The only thing that threw me off enough not to order was that there was no cc payment option. Only Zelle, crypto, or Apple pay. Anybody knows anything?

Sorry, didn't read all 35 pages. 

26 minutes ago, YVK said:

Shows on DW site as in stock, I was able to add one to a cart. The only thing that threw me off enough not to order was that there was no cc payment option. Only Zelle, crypto, or Apple pay. Anybody knows anything?

That’s not the Dan Wesson site it’s one made to look like it and steal your payment and info

1 minute ago, Nathanb said:

That’s not the Dan Wesson site it’s one made to look like it and steal your payment and info

Thnx. I figured something was off.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2022 at 6:14 PM, YVK said:

Be careful, Ive  noticed that on several gun sites. Its out of control now with the scammers.

What do you mean.  Not a DW website.  I paid fair retail waited only 2 weeks and received an absolute gorgeous full size and a bonus compact 9mm DWX.  Poster.  I put on my wall. Its absolutely amazing. 

Figured that's the closest I will get to one.

On 6/25/2022 at 1:34 PM, 1911vm said:

What do you mean.  Not a DW website.  I paid fair retail waited only 2 weeks and received an absolute gorgeous full size and a bonus compact 9mm DWX.  Poster.  I put on my wall. Its absolutely amazing. 

Figured that's the closest I will get to one.

🙂 mine also shoots nice

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone else getting backorder reminders from Brownell's about the DWX?.  I received the below reminder that my order was on backorder and today they asked me to update my FFL info.  

This could be a standard system follow-up and nothing to get excited about or......

Order Date: 11/29/2019 12:00:00 AM
Order Number: 18367xxxxxxxxx
Item Number: 100-039-491
Item Description: DWX LIGHT RAIL 9MM

Edited by muncie21