Mdooz

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

buy 1 and wait 3 years for the magazines 

I bought 25 magazines when it was announced and then it became vaporware 🤬

Last month I finally just bought a P-09 so that I could actually have a gun that used them.  Now I'm not sure if I'll even bother with the DWX as the whole situation has pi$$ed me off.

26 minutes ago, jlficken said:

I bought 25 magazines when it was announced and then it became vaporware 🤬

Last month I finally just bought a P-09 so that I could actually have a gun that used them.  Now I'm not sure if I'll even bother with the DWX as the whole situation has pi$$ed me off.

I hope it will hold and not fall apart after firing 25 mags😀

2 hours ago, obsessiveshooter said:

Why would you want to own 25 mags for any pistol?  Wasnt that like $1000? 

I started shooting during the AWB where 15rd Glock 19 mags were $100.  I buy lots of mags for every gun and have 30+ magazines for several guns.

I have 15 mags for my Accuracy International AT just because I can.  When the magazines have a single source (AI or CZ in this case) I want enough mags to last a lifetime.  When you can buy them from other sources like the MecGar for CZ 97B mags then it's not as worrisome, however, I still have 10+ magazines for every gun I own as the magazine is the weak link of any firearm.

It was right at $900 for the DWX/P09 magazines.

13 minutes ago, Hooked said:

Per Dan Wesson’s Instagram account, the DWX is officially dead for now (at least from a promotion point of view).

Was really looking forward to buying one, the same as many of you.  I guess its TS2 time then

Is it dead or just postponed some more?

We know that many of you have been anxiously awaiting an update on the DWX, and as you all know, the COVID-19 Pandemic has drastically effected businesses world-wide through lockdowns, illness, and supply chain issues. Dan Wesson has been no exception.
Over the last year, we have come close to being able to ship the DWX multiple times, but each attempt has been met with obstacles and set-backs along the way. Due to these delays, and challenges we continue to face, we have decided to halt promotion of the DWX.
We understand that this will be a disappointment to many—us included—however, we pride ourselves on quality and we want to ensure that every pistol that leaves our facilities can meet the standards that we have set and that our customers deserve. We will continue to be committed to the DWX project until it meets these standards.

1 hour ago, 18111811 said:

we have come close to being able to ship the DWX multiple times, but each attempt has been met with obstacles and set-backs along the way.

this statement. implies the product is ready . no boxes  to put them in would be a reason for example.

Edited by AHI

14 minutes ago, AHI said:

this statement. implies the product is ready . no boxes  to put them in would be a reason for example.

I want to believe it’s something so trivial as I can feel the pain in their words. For instance, last year in the mountain biking industry there was a box shortage with lots of bikes in stock that could not be shipped. Now there are boxes and no bikes. Every day is a new challenge.