Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When will they eliminate the LCI barrels?

zhunter

Not sure about yours since you have an actual indicator on the M17.  Most of us have been complaining about the Legion having an open hole in the top of the chamber where you could see a case in the chamber. 

With my DPP equipped X-Compact Im not seeing the problem I had with the Legion. I believe the X-Compact has the same type of LCI as your M17. 

Give Sig a call and see what they say. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/1/2019 at 10:07 AM, tyr264 said:

Cowboy,

Interested to hear that Sig might replace the LCI barrel. I have a M17 with the LCI, and in using it for CO, it's a pain. Do you have any info as to how easy it was to get Sig to swap barrels?

I’m interested in this as well I would like to swap mine out as well

1 hour ago, Bryan 45 said:

I won a certificate for an X5 Legion back in August.  It showed up direct from Sig at my dealer Friday.  No LCI notch in the barrel.  

Interesting.  The amount of LCI barrels sent back for replacement with non-LCI barrels must have been significant?

40 minutes ago, ClangClang said:

The strangest thing about the LCI is that with the design of the X5, you can still see brass through the side of the ejection port. There was no need at all for the LCI notch.

The side view probably isn’t wide enough to make certain state legislations which mandate LCI’s on new firearms happy.

(CA and MA are likely why everyone is making guns with this feature now. It’s easier to put this feature on all the guns you sell.)

Edited by MemphisMechanic

The P320X5 Legion makes for an interesting case study. Most gunmakers that manufacture very successful CCW guns don't really need to cater for sportsmen's exacting needs to make a profit and keep a strong reputation, and SIG is in an enviable position among manufacturers of selling a gun that is so small that people keep losing them and needing to buy replacements.
My guess is that they're not in a hurry to make the X5 Legion in the way that we would all want, i.e. with adjustable palm swells or multiple grip module sizes, GG level triggers and no chamber blowholes, because for every discerning sportsman there must be a dozen armed forces members, CCWers and forgetful pensioners.

Edited by Lior

12 hours ago, Lior said:

and SIG is in an enviable position among manufacturers of selling a gun that is so small that people keep losing them and needing to buy replacements.

I don't understand?  

21 hours ago, zhunter said:

Strader should have been able to figure that one out on his own

The gun he was/is shooting probably used a barrel with out the cut. 

Some of the earliest ones did not have it. 

On 12/26/2019 at 7:29 PM, Jsjac said:

I picked up my Legion on Tuesday. 

It has a December 16th build date  It has no loaded chamber cut. I am glad I don't have to get it swapped out. 

• 4 weeks later...

I was having massive fouling on my optic, so I gave sig a call. My first legion Sig swapped out my barrel after two phone calls and made it right. They originally told me I could purchase a new barrel and it should drop right in. I called back about a month later and they sent me a call tag to swap the barrel out free of charge. Once I got the new barrel it did indeed drop right on in and no more fouling on my optic. I just picked up my second legion Monday and it had the lci as well. I called Tuesday and sig sent me a call tag for the barrel to swap it out, can’t ask for much better customer service then that. 

73BCBD62-045B-48AF-A6E5-734B3EB023CB.jpeg

6647C14C-FC62-4016-B4C5-6AF2FFA4973B.jpeg

At some point all the inventory with the LCI barrels will be gone. A Sig rep told me on the phone that they have fixed the issue which obviously means no more LCI barrels moving forward. He hinted that the number of returns was quite significant. 

Just got off the phone with a SIG customer service representative. Told him my complaint about the fouling with my LCI barrel. Didn't even hesitate to tell me to send it back in and they'll swap out my barrel. Unfortunately they want me to send my whole slide in. Got my 2 day shipping label in less than 5 minutes, hopefully the turn around isn't long.