Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When will they eliminate the LCI barrels?

zhunter

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent mine in today. They asked me to send the whole gun. They said they wanted to fit the barrel to make sure it ran the way it should. Called and had the shipping label within 5 minutes. 

Edited by AZGlock21

15 minutes ago, AZGlock21 said:

I sent mine in today. They asked me to send the whole gun. They said they wanted to fit the barrel to make sure it ran the way it should. Called and had the shipping label within 5 minutes. 

Sounds like even if it comes with the barrel it will be easy enough to send it in. I've had one experience with Sig CS and it was great. 

• 2 weeks later...

Called today and they said they would not replace it unless they had proof it was damaging the optic and they're just not switching them out.  I told him they were doing it in many, many cases and he said they won't do it without proof and his manager was standing right in front of him and that's what he was told. I told him I'll have to get him photographic evidence.  He even was hesitating at that. Guess I'll call another day and get someone else. he didn't seem to know anything except what he was being told by his "manager".

If anyone has a rep name or extension to share, please do. Thanks.

31 minutes ago, lfine said:

Called today and they said they would not replace it unless they had proof it was damaging the optic and they're just not switching them out.  I told him they were doing it in many, many cases and he said they won't do it without proof and his manager was standing right in front of him and that's what he was told. I told him I'll have to get him photographic evidence.  He even was hesitating at that. Guess I'll call another day and get someone else. he didn't seem to know anything except what he was being told by his "manager".

If anyone has a rep name or extension to share, please do. Thanks.

Call CS again and ask for Ryan. He will help you out.

Edited by George16

How are you even getting to leave them a message? Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I've dialed 1-800-542-6624, hit extension 7 (service), and I get a recording telling me to leave a message, but that's followed by a second message telling me the mailbox is full. I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong, but I sure can't tell what it is! Any suggestions? Thanks

Edited by tyr264
added Thanks.

FWIW, I emailed Ryan, and I called and left a voicemail for him and a message to be passed on to Bo as well and no one returned any message or call.  Guess I'll just call every few days now and see if I get lucky with someone who'll help.  Disappointing.  I'll give it a few more times before giving up and selling it at a loss and get a Q5SF.

I was first told they would want the barrel and the slide. Then they replied in email and said just send a picture of evidence of stuff on the optic and they would just send a barrel out, no need to send anything in. 

Edit: this was last week

Edited by Krispetersen4

Spoke with Sig today. Doesn't seem like they are offering any type of exchange program for the M17. I know it's different than the X5, but I've noticed blow back onto my DPP and I was hoping for a little love form Sig about it, but no dice. The rep told me today they are only doing the swap for the X5's

Bought an XFive Legion a few months ago. It had the LCI barrel. Got through to Ryan who handles the Legion series. I sent in my LCI barrel and as soon as they received it they sent back one without the LCI. Only took maybe 10 days tops, due to shipping times. Easy swap out. No fitting necessary.

Edited by Vetman03
Added text

After I got hung up on when put on hold, I finally reached someone who said if I can send them photographic evidence they would swap out the barrel or I can send in the whole gun and they would test it and if they thought it was an issue in their opinion they would swap it and ship it back. Of course there’s no guarantee, he said. I would rather not ship the whole thing because when they ship it back I would have to be home to sign for it. (I’d have to take a day off.) So now I have to go back to the range, risk damaging my optic because I cleaned it already of course, take photos, email them in, and hope they approve the swap. 

CZ and many others never treated me like this so I’m probably getting rid of it even after my expensive TSA trigger work, taking a loss, and saying good bye to Sig. There are too many other good options out there and I don’t have the time for this. Probably post it for sale soon. Maybe the next owner will have more luck with Sig. 

47 minutes ago, lfine said:

After I got hung up on when put on hold, I finally reached someone who said if I can send them photographic evidence they would swap out the barrel or I can send in the whole gun and they would test it and if they thought it was an issue in their opinion they would swap it and ship it back. Of course there’s no guarantee, he said. I would rather not ship the whole thing because when they ship it back I would have to be home to sign for it. (I’d have to take a day off.) So now I have to go back to the range, risk damaging my optic because I cleaned it already of course, take photos, email them in, and hope they approve the swap. 

CZ and many others never treated me like this so I’m probably getting rid of it even after my expensive TSA trigger work, taking a loss, and saying good bye to Sig. There are too many other good options out there and I don’t have the time for this. Probably post it for sale soon. Maybe the next owner will have more luck with Sig. 

Just grab a pic off of one of the threads on here and tell them it's yours 😅

Thought of that for a sec but I'm stupidly honest. So, next time I have a chance, I need to go the range and damage my optic a little bit more if I want to prove it to them.  Wish someone from Sig read this forum. Hope all of you don't run into this. Make sure you speak to the people referred to above that helped. I left email and voicemail and message for Ryan Dome and he never returned either, however, so I wouldn't do that.  Maybe if you can be connected directly to the above people you might get some help.  Guess being part of the "Legion" just means a coin and a case.  

I’m not sure what changed. They didn’t used to be like that. It’s sad to see cause I am becoming a Sig fan.  I guarantee I won’t buy another one that has an LCI barrel.

If you really like the Sig you could fit an aftermarket barrel.

Edited by B585

This was just a “fun” gun and my first non-P series Sig. Now that it’s not fun anymore I’ll just get rid of it and go back to Walther and CZ and  Ruger and others from whom I’ve received excellent customer service. Too much competition out there to bother fighting - and spending more $ - to have them fix their mistake. But I’m just one “Legion” buying guy so they don’t care.