Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When will they eliminate the LCI barrels?

zhunter

Seems like the 320 X-5 Legion was designed to be a competition gun and the LCI Barrel should never have been there in the first place, so when will they start shipping new guns without the LCI?

Any rumors?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If SIG gave a turd their first barrel would have been rereleased with a supported chamber.

Way too many sig diehards out there that will insist there is nothing wrong with the LCI cut for Sig to bother to accomodate the competition shooter.

Maybe once these barrels dry up unless it is cheaper to add the actual LCI indicator instead. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I have an X5 already and a Legion on the way.  I'm pretty excited to read this.  I'll just swap barrels out of my X5 to shoot CO...but it sounds like I'll have a legal ported barrel from the Legion to shoot in production!  Haha.

The only people that are having issues with the LCI are those of us that shoot CO.

Sig has been replacing them whenever they receive a complaint even from those who have never put an optic or intend to put an optic on their pistol.

There was a comment about someone running a Romeo 1 Pro on the X5 Legion without issues. 

So from Sig’s point of view they probably don’t see it as a problem that needs immediate attention. 

OK....shot my Legion X5 today (for the first time with the LCI barrel) and I'm running a Sig Romeo 3 MAX with a Springer adapter plate.

I shot 150 rounds (maybe more) of Peak 147 gr. ammo and I had zero problems.....no gas streaks, no cloudy lens. Nothing.

And to make matters worse, this particular barrel was dead-s%^t accurate. I mean REALLY accurate!!

Has anybody else had "positive" feedback from their LCI X5 Legion barrels?

I was kinda shocked, but pleasantly!

I dropped my Legion off at the Pro Shop yesterday to get the barrel swapped.

The guy working mentioned his regular X5 had the LCI barrel and that he didn't have any problems with it getting on the optic.

I have a Romeo 3 on a Springer plate on my Legion and the powder burns on the optic body were definitely noticeable after the first mag or two. The glass wasn't that bad though.

IMG_20191111_074949_a.jpg

4 hours ago, Rolex said:

The old x5 had the optic cut further back on the slide- the optic- my Romeo 1 sat 

back more on the slide- and back from the ejection port- find one and see

I didn't even think about that, it makes sense. I have a regular X5 too but it has a non LCI barrel.

After running a couple of mags through my X5 Legion when I first took it to the range to sight in my red dot, the glass was clouded up pretty good from the gas seeping through the LCI.  If I wasn't shooting CO it wouldn't be a big deal.  Other than that I love everything about the X5 Legion.  But, great customer service by Sig to replace the barrel at no cost and to even pay for shipping.

• 2 weeks later...

Cowboy,

Interested to hear that Sig might replace the LCI barrel. I have a M17 with the LCI, and in using it for CO, it's a pain. Do you have any info as to how easy it was to get Sig to swap barrels?