Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TSO holster

AzDanMan

I started with a Guga Ribas holster and it was pretty good, but would very rarely bind (maybe 1 draw out of 100). Also tried a DAA Race Master but liked the Guga more. I have long arms, so a race holster would save me a bit of motion on the draw and net about 0.15 seconds saved to a first shot, but I eventually went back to standard double layer kydex for a more secure "feeling." Eventually sold my TSO cause I got tired of buying factory .40 and now I'm mostly competing in CO, AKA poverty open.

I have both Kydex and DAA race holster.  Once I became comfortable with the DAA, it's now my preferred holster for my TSO and 2011 (with different insert).

If you decide to try the DAA, keep in mind that there are 2 different trigger guard designs used on the TSO.  Because the DAA holds the pistol by the trigger guard, you'll need to get the appropriate insert to match your trigger guard.

TS_-Orange-Czechmate-frame-issue1.jpg.94def6f8ea99752d4a1207c048574a31.jpg

I run a RHT holster for mine.  Debated between running a race Guga Riba holster or the RHT.  Ultimately, I figured the possible time difference between running a kydex vs race holster were very minimal and there are TONS of other ways I can shave time off my runs until I’m at least a M or GM. I decided to start off with the RHT.  Took me right about a month to get it, but I love it so far.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/21/2019 at 8:10 PM, AzDanMan said:

Thanks everyone for your help. I just ordered from Red Hill Tactical. Now the waiting begins.

Red Hill Tactical is great. I have a few of theirs. I use theirs on my TSO when shooting 3gun, but for USPSA there is appeal to the DAA ALpha X race holster. To be honest I dont know that its all that much faster than a Red Hill Holster. It's just the upgrade game you get caught up in. 

You should 100% pair that RHT holster with a Boss Holster hanger from benstoegerproshop. I personally hate the springer precision style holster hanger that RHT was offering for quite a while. I dont know what their default hanger is now. Did you look into that yet?

25 minutes ago, hurley326 said:

Red Hill Tactical is great. I have a few of theirs. I use theirs on my TSO when shooting 3gun, but for USPSA there is appeal to the DAA ALpha X race holster. To be honest I dont know that its all that much faster than a Red Hill Holster. It's just the upgrade game you get caught up in. 

You should 100% pair that RHT holster with a Boss Holster hanger from benstoegerproshop. I personally hate the springer precision style holster hanger that RHT was offering for quite a while. I dont know what their default hanger is now. Did you look into that yet?

Red Hill still carries the Springer Precision hanger with the RHT logo on it.  I wouldn't order one again.  They are inferior in several ways. 

The holsters are good from RHT but I now prefer the GX Products holsters.  More expensive but the locking mechanism is worth it.  Smoother draw and a tight lockdown with just the flip of the lever.  Don't have to unscrew and screw back in to adjust tightness.  

2 hours ago, aandabooks said:

Red Hill still carries the Springer Precision hanger with the RHT logo on it.  I wouldn't order one again.  They are inferior in several ways. 

The holsters are good from RHT but I now prefer the GX Products holsters.  More expensive but the locking mechanism is worth it.  Smoother draw and a tight lockdown with just the flip of the lever.  Don't have to unscrew and screw back in to adjust tightness.  

This is exactly what I experienced. The GX Products stuff is hands down the best. Really sucks to see people who just don’t know any better pick a inferior holster when they could’ve had the best out there. 

FYI, for the DAA inserts, the TSO insert will only fit that thinner trigger guard, but the Czechmate insert will fit both, it just isn’t a tight fit and has some side to side and a bit of fore-aft play. The CM one locks up really tightly, the TSO insert fits the thin trigger guard decently well but it’s not as solid as the CM, and the CM insert with thin guard is the sloppiest of the three combos. 

I’m debating getting rid of my TSO insert and just keeping the CM one so I don’t have to swap back and forth depending on if I’m shooting my TSO or CM (or get to a match with my CM and find out I forgot to swap and it won’t fit my holsterThe wobble isn’t too bad, it almost feels like it self centers when I’m drawing, kind of lick the reloading dies in a Forster Coax. I’m going to spend some time dry firing with it and shoot a match with it to see if it actually impacts my draw much. 

FYI, for the DAA inserts, the TSO insert will only fit that thinner trigger guard, but the Czechmate insert will fit both, it just isn’t a tight fit and has some side to side and a bit of fore-aft play. The CM one locks up really tightly, the TSO insert fits the thin trigger guard decently well but it’s not as solid as the CM, and the CM insert with thin guard is the sloppiest of the three combos. 

So, which DAA insert fits the TSO with the thin trigger guard most tightly?

3 hours ago, robert.a.brewer. said:

So, which DAA insert fits the TSO with the thin trigger guard most tightly?

The “CZ-TS-Orange” one fits the thin trigger guard the best, though it’s not as snug as the other thick trigger guard in the Czechmate one. If you only have pistols with the thin style then definitely get the TSO insert. 

I just got my Alpha X today. I have a brand new 2019 TSO 40SW. Based on the pictures I ordered the TSO/Chechmate insert.

The pistol slides in and out easily. Locks up, but there is a little left to right wiggle. I do not have the muzzle support. Is this normal?

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like the pistol is falling out, unless I turn the holster upside down without the lock on.

I just thought the lockup would be tighter.

This is my trigger guard.

6b25376df70a6fd8e1898f26b6fab868.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk