Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TSO holster

AzDanMan

4 hours ago, iflyskyhigh said:

I just got my Alpha X today. I have a brand new 2019 TSO 40SW. Based on the pictures I ordered the TSO/Chechmate insert.

The pistol slides in and out easily. Locks up, but there is a little left to right wiggle. I do not have the muzzle support. Is this normal?

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like the pistol is falling out, unless I turn the holster upside down without the lock on.

I just thought the lockup would be tighter.

This is my trigger guard.

6b25376df70a6fd8e1898f26b6fab868.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the old style trigger guard. You should have ordered the TS not the TSO but either way it will still be loose. I have the TSO newer thinner guard and a TSO block and it was loose from day one. I called DAA and they said “well if it doesn’t fall out it’s fine”. Not the answer I expected but they did say if it got worse to call them so it did get much worse and now moves a LOT and when I called them back they said “we’ll sale you another one for full price” so I passed on that and if I did it over again I would get a GX Products holster. 

Edited by Superpipe9

That is the old style trigger guard. You should have ordered the TS not the TSO but either way it will still be loose. I have the TSO newer thinner guard and a TSO block and it was loose from day one. I called DAA and they said “well if it doesn’t fall out it’s fine”. Not the answer I expected but they did say if it got worse to call them so it did get much worse and now moves a LOT and when I called them back they said “we’ll sale you another one for full price” so I passed on that and if I did it over again I would get a GX Products holster. 

I think you’re incorrect.

If you look at the picture in post 6 (which is the same on the double alpha website), I clearly have the thicker, not the thinner style trigger guard. So I accordingly order the TS/Checkmate insert.

My gun is brand new 2019 production. Doubt it would have the old thinner style trigger guard.

I’m guessing if I would have ordered the TS insert my trigger guard would have been too thick to go in?

5 minutes ago, iflyskyhigh said:

I’m guessing if I would have ordered the TS insert my trigger guard would have been too thick to go in?

That is correct. Your prior comment said TSO/Czechmate insert, so I think that’s why there was confusion. The fat trigger guard will not fit in the “TS Orange” insert. 

That is correct. Your prior comment said TSO/Czechmate insert, so I think that’s why there was confusion. The fat trigger guard will not fit in the “TS Orange” insert. 

Ya. Sorry I see that now. Typo. I meant TS/Checkmate

12 hours ago, iflyskyhigh said:

I think you’re incorrect.

If you look at the picture in post 6 (which is the same on the double alpha website), I clearly have the thicker, not the thinner style trigger guard. So I accordingly order the TS/Checkmate insert.

My gun is brand new 2019 production. Doubt it would have the old thinner style trigger guard.

Yep I just seen where you said  you ordered the TSO block and your frame was the old style TS. Either way that sucks for you. Mine moves a lot as well. 

• 2 years later...

I know this post is older, but anyone try the open Ghost race holsters?  Like the newer barrel supported One or Evo?  

I'd like a secure lock up without play, so the DAA Alpha X seems out based on what I've read here, don't want binding, definitely don't want to drop the gun like some other brands I've read about, but nobody seems to have mentioned Ghost.

This is for a new style TSO and there are limited options but want the best that's currently available.

18 hours ago, Ergos said:

I know this post is older, but anyone try the open Ghost race holsters?  Like the newer barrel supported One or Evo?  

I'd like a secure lock up without play, so the DAA Alpha X seems out based on what I've read here, don't want binding, definitely don't want to drop the gun like some other brands I've read about, but nobody seems to have mentioned Ghost.

This is for a new style TSO and there are limited options but want the best that's currently available.

I use the Ghost Race holster for my TSO. Nothing wrong with them.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2021 at 9:13 PM, Ergos said:

What did you settle on? I have a DAA race holster and was thinking of getting the insert, since i currently use it with my revolver. guess ill be looking at GX or RHTs offerings

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/28/2021 at 9:13 PM, Ergos said:

I know a few people have replied already, but here is one more vote for the locking race holsters from Ghost. I have a Ghost "The One S" for my TSO and I love it. "The One S" and "The One Evo" are the exact same construction, they only differ in color scheme (according to customer service). Those are the supported ones.  One thing to note is that the "Ultimate" line (the unsupported version) is not compatible with the TSO (again according to customer service). 

There is a slight bit of play in my holster currently, but it can be adjusted out if you want to fiddle with it. The lockup is super secure so the bit of play doesn't bother me. Its a rock solid holster for a great price. You can buy just the holster body for a good discount too if you have extra hangers from other rigs around! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...