Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Legion announced! Q5 Match SF competitor?

mellino19

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earlier in a post I mentioned that Robert (SA) thought he could resolve the LCI issue. 

He called me yesterday and said he just doesn't feel his skillset is at a level to Tig the barrel and get it perfect. I respect any man that knows his limitations and thanked him for the honest assessment. 

So, we are back to Barsto barrel and fitting if I want this smoke wagon to calm down!

You need to call Springer Precision. He is doing his this week and once it is sound he will be offering the service at an affordable price. Mine is headed his way as soon as he’s ready. 

Edited by Posvar

Well I have over 2k rounds on two different Legions.  While I love the pistols, I think Sig missed the mark a bit.  In my opinion, the following items should have been either carried over from the X5 or improved upon.

1. Finish.. While I don't really care what my guns look like, the finish should not show significant signs of wear after 2 practice sessions.  With over a year of shooting the standard X5, the finish still looks like new.

2. Low profile plate system for mounting optics.   In this day and age, every other manufacture is giving us options on what optics we can run. Heck you can't even run their original Romeo without modification to the optic.

3. Lock Up - I loved the way the standard X5 locked up.  While it may not effect the accuracy of the pistol, it does effect the trigger "feel".  

4. Trigger over-travel - While I completely agree the legion's stock trigger is better than the X5, why not remove some of the over travel to reduce the reset distance.  GG did this pretty easily with a simple sleeve over a pin.

5. LCI -- Really?  It would have been different if they did the same thing they did on the M17 and added the LCI to the slide. 

Don't get me wrong, the guns are great but I feel like while there were some good improvements over the X5, I think they took a few steps backwards at the same time.  Maybe some of these issues will get addressed on the X5 Max version that has been rumored. 

For anyone who has an standard X5 and is happy with the Romeo 1 or has the springer plate system, just by the grip module.  I think you will be happier in the long run.

I was a little sad to see that Sig removed the X5 from their product page.  I went to a few local shops last night with the intention of buying the standard X5 and using the top end on my second Legion's bottom end.  

5 hours ago, Akkid17 said:

Has anyone gotten approval for their legion rebate yet? I just got an email saying they received it and it’s being processed took just over 3 weeks from when I mailed it in 

I received the same email around the same time and I submitted mine online.   They better get a move on as the "store rewards" expired at the end of September.

Hello: I thought of getting a Legion as a backup to my X5 but after hearing all of these things about the barrel(which I could weld) and slide cut for the optic, I think I will stick with my X5. I am running a Holosun 507C with the Springer adapter plate, Gray Guns curved trigger, Tungsten guide rod, and now a tungsten grip weight. The legion grip should be here next week. It will be interesting what the X5 Max will be? Thanks, Eric

13 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I thought of getting a Legion as a backup to my X5 but after hearing all of these things about the barrel(which I could weld) and slide cut for the optic, I think I will stick with my X5. I am running a Holosun 507C with the Springer adapter plate, Gray Guns curved trigger, Tungsten guide rod, and now a tungsten grip weight. The legion grip should be here next week. It will be interesting what the X5 Max will be? Thanks, Eric

The slide cut is a non-issue for me as I run DPP’s on everything. 

The LCI definitely has to be dealt with (at least to me) as I can’t imagine with as many rounds as we shoot in this sport that it won’t accelerate deterioration of optic clarity. 

Since youve dealt with the horrific stock stock trigger on the original x5 (reminded me of the double action pull on my dads Smith and Wesson model 29 😂), then adding the txg grip module should have you dialed. You may come in just slightly over legal weight with the tungsten guide rod if you’re running tti +5’s. It will be close but you may sneak by. 

And that should give you a pretty sweet ride. 

9 minutes ago, mellino19 said:

So why not just order an original X5 barrel for your legion and be done with it?

There are conflicting reports from the sig forum that the barrels are not interchangeable. I don’t if it’s true or not but installing a regular X5 barrel on the legion will saved you some money compared to buying and fitting a barsto barrel.

I was told by Sig CS that the barrels were not interchangeable and that they would not cycle ammo. I did however put my regular X5 barrel in the Legion and it cycles snap caps just fine. I haven't tried live fire...

43 minutes ago, BillR1 said:

I was told by Sig CS that the barrels were not interchangeable and that they would not cycle ammo. I did however put my regular X5 barrel in the Legion and it cycles snap caps just fine. I haven't tried live fire...

Are you planning to do a live fire test in the future?

1 hour ago, BillR1 said:

I swapped mine for live fire to see, it ran a full mag, no issues. 

I have only shot my Legion enough to sight it in with the LCI barrel, around 30rds. I didn’t see much of anything on my DPP. After Open Nats, I’ll be shooting it full time. Guess I’ll see then. 

42 minutes ago, Jaycwebb said:

What are my options if I want to mount an RTS2 to my Legion? I am not seeing anything on the Springer website. Is there another shop that makes mount plates?

I think the RTS2 has the same footprint as Burris FF3 and Vortex.