Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat tron

Saw Leograndis post about being sponsored by limcat to shoot pcc.  Didn't even know they made one.
What do you guys think about the tron?  

Just bought a gmr so not interested in buying but curious how you guys think it stacks up

It'll be good to have another upper level pcc build competitor 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Leograndis post about being sponsored by limcat to shoot pcc.  Didn't even know they made one.
What do you guys think about the tron?  
Just bought a gmr so not interested in buying but curious how you guys think it stacks up

It'll be good to have another upper level pcc build competitor 
It's a Limcat so it's pretty slick. The upper is well balanced and beautiful. The ones I've seen shot very well, the sponsored guys sent Johnny their lowers andhe made the uppers and cerakoted the assembled rifles together to match. It looks like Max is running the same lower. It's a beautiful pcc and max signing up with Limcat is a huge get. I'm sure max had no shortage of companies knocking on door to shoot their stuff. I like the barrel set up a lot more than your normal short N shrouded barrel. It seem like the 10" with pinned comp is a winner.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, brix said:

The ones I've seen shot very well, the sponsored guys sent Johnny their lowers andhe made the uppers and cerakoted the assembled rifles together to match. It looks like Max is running the same lower.
Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

It is unlikely he is shooting the same lower since his lower was glock mag fed last year and now he is running colt mags. 

I saw this thread and looked up what a Limcat tron was, since I'd never heard of one. When I saw the $2895 price I thought, Holy Sh1t, that's ridiculous. But when you think about it,  people have been paying a lot more than that for race pistols for years, so maybe it ain't so bad. Of course it's out of my league, but...

It still puzzles me though why ar15s are generally much cheaper than ar9s, comparing apples to apples as much as possible. They're pretty close to the same thing for the most part, IMO.

10 hours ago, egd5 said:

why ar15s are generally much cheaper than ar9s

economy of scale E. they may have close to the same amount of metal and man hours to build one but if you can sell 50k of one gun and 5k of the other it lets you price one a fair bit lower.

There are plenty of pretty plain looking 1900 dollar 5.56 AR's out there....

On 1/24/2019 at 9:10 PM, egd5 said:

I saw this thread and looked up what a Limcat tron was, since I'd never heard of one. When I saw the $2895 price I thought, Holy Sh1t, that's ridiculous. But when you think about it,  people have been paying a lot more than that for race pistols for years, so maybe it ain't so bad. Of course it's out of my league, but...

It still puzzles me though why ar15s are generally much cheaper than ar9s, comparing apples to apples as much as possible. They're pretty close to the same thing for the most part, IMO.

Every one that ever wanted an AR has a dozen of them, not to mention every company that ever thought of building guns builds AR's in 5.56/.223. 9mm PCC is the new game in town, people want to play they will pay!

So, I just heard the podcast with Leograndis.  He claims that before nationals he switched to a homemade 5in and 10 in shroud.  He said it didn't like it and switched back to a 14 pin and weld.  Now he's back to using it with the limcat.  With that info, i'd guess that it probably is no real advantage over a 14 and at that point just go with whatever.  

JP recently has been leaking info on their instagram about their new ultralite 9mm which will be, in theory, the exact same as the lim cat with an aluminum shroud and a comp welded onto that.  Just less ridiculous looking with a lightweight slim handguard that's full length instead of coming halfway like the limcat.

Not the same. The JP is a 5 inch barrel with 11 inches of bs welded to the end of it to make it legal, and the Limcat is a 10 inch barrel with 6 inches of bs welded to the end of it to make it legal. The JP puts your hand out past the end of the barrel and the limcat shortens the handguard so you can’t put your hand out past the end of the barrel. I’m sticking with 14.5 pin and weld. 

9 minutes ago, Silverscooby27 said:

Not the same. The JP is a 5 inch barrel with 11 inches of bs welded to the end of it to make it legal, and the Limcat is a 10 inch barrel with 6 inches of bs welded to the end of it to make it legal. The JP puts your hand out past the end of the barrel and the limcat shortens the handguard so you can’t put your hand out past the end of the barrel. I’m sticking with 14.5 pin and weld. 

yes you are right it was bad wording on my part.

I can't see it shooting that radically different.  I think the more major thing will be weight and hand placement.

22 hours ago, Silverscooby27 said:

This is were I am at!

I don't like the idea of having my hand out past the end of the barrel.

I will stick with 13"-14" pin and weld !!

How? You're not 'muzzling' yourself. No different than opening a door handle with the pistol in your strong hand pointed straight downrange.

I think people are getting a little carried away here. Also, the muzzle, according to the ATF, is at the end of the shroud/brake if perm. attached. 

2 hours ago, 45plinkster said:

How is it not a DQ if you put your hand downrange of the muzzle? Are they bending the rules here? Seems like it's a direct violation of safety rules. 

If your hand is around a hand guard it’s technically impossible to sweep your hand. Put so much as a finger over the end then you swept yourself.

3 hours ago, Acer2428 said:

How? You're not 'muzzling' yourself. No different than opening a door handle with the pistol in your strong hand pointed straight downrange.

I think people are getting a little carried away here. Also, the muzzle, according to the ATF, is at the end of the shroud/brake if perm. attached. 

That make sure sense.