Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat tron

9 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

Why is everyone running these short barrels with a welded extension?

Why not just build an SBR?  Is it solely to avoid paying for a tax stamp?  ...and the hassle involved?

That's what I would think. If you bought one today you likely wouldn't get to shoot it this year in a match. I wouldn't want the hassle for traveling etc.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

Why is everyone running these short barrels with a welded extension?

Possible so that a compensator at the end of a short barrel will be effective,

yet the welded extension makes it a "rifle" or PCC.    ???

I've read that a comp at the end of a 16" barrel is ineffective.

9 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

I've read that a comp at the end of a 16" barrel is ineffective.

Dont believe everything you read. How much does a comp help? I don’t know, but tuning your load, buffer, spring comb is the best way to stay flat a comp on a 16” does help. 

B322C61D-4317-4901-9433-ED714DB8F413.jpeg

40 minutes ago, TNREDNECK said:

The problem with the SBR is getting permission to travel to different states not the cost of the stamp , at least that is my understanding.

Getting permission isn't all that difficult.  It's a simple notification form sent to BATFE.

The real issue is that SBRs are illegal at the state/local level in certain areas.

On 1/31/2019 at 7:23 PM, Sarge said:

That's what I would think. If you bought one today you likely wouldn't get to shoot it this year in a match. I wouldn't want the hassle for traveling etc.

E-file (as long as the .gov can stay open). Took me under 2 weeks to get my Form 1 back for my MPX. That said, the sweet spot for me is somewhere between 8 and 12" for barrel length. That said, I can't shoot the IL Section match unless I un-SBR my SBR beforehand. 

1 hour ago, Acer2428 said:

E-file (as long as the .gov can stay open). Took me under 2 weeks to get my Form 1 back for my MPX. That said, the sweet spot for me is somewhere between 8 and 12" for barrel length. That said, I can't shoot the IL Section match unless I un-SBR my SBR beforehand. 

I am still waiting for a Form 1 to come back now, been right at 2 months now. 

4 hours ago, Acer2428 said:

https://www.realgunreviews.com/how-to-e-file-an-atf-form-1-with-eforms/

Found the above link for filling out the E-File electronic filing of the Form 1...  Quite involved...  I can see why people don't want to deal with it.

On 1/30/2019 at 10:38 AM, Silverscooby27 said:

Not the same. The JP is a 5 inch barrel with 11 inches of bs welded to the end of it to make it legal, and the Limcat is a 10 inch barrel with 6 inches of bs welded to the end of it to make it legal. The JP puts your hand out past the end of the barrel and the limcat shortens the handguard so you can’t put your hand out past the end of the barrel. I’m sticking with 14.5 pin and weld. 

Taccom has ran that same system for 2 years now and I've never heard of a handguard strike or a tumbled projectile coming through the shroud.  I didn't like the way it felt, so I went with a JP 14.5 pinned barrel personally.  

• 4 weeks later...

Here is Mine, My theme was to build  A Carbon Cat not the official build or something that will be offered as the base Tron is most likely a softer shooting gun as mine while very flat is super light. 

I had smoke composites make a custom carbon handguard to go with the carbon stock and a 10inch Carbon BSF barrel pinned to the 6inch  Tron

Titanium  muzzle break.

I flew out out to pick it up on Saturday night flew back Sunday morning made 500 rds of ammo. The gun ran flawless, the load details are in the description box on YouTube. 

Edited by TheStagePlan