Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI

bucky707

2 hours ago, jchris4769 said:

Lifetime warranty

To be fair so do most gun manufacturers. I Don think it’s kindness either. It’s too much liability to have people trying to use broken guns

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Sarge said:

To be fair so do most gun manufacturers.

Parts + labor + shipping + no bull poo poo is not unheard of with other manufacturers, but I have been disappointed.

Seems like some of the custom & semi custom are the worst, possibly because repair costs are higher. 

23 hours ago, jchris4769 said:

True, the Edge has been discontinued. There is a replacement model coming soon. Same price point.

It would be great to see a replacement for the Eagle/Marauder too. The SDC 5" bushing models were always the most versatile 2011s STI made. 

On 1/28/2019 at 1:14 PM, jchris4769 said:

Stay tuned............😉

Please tell me they have something similar to the Trojan coming.

I just picked up my first Trojan today. Was previously someones safe queen and I am blown away by this thing... Slide to frame fit and barrel lock up are incredible. I almost bought a 3k dollar custom and I am glad I didn't... anyways I would buy more of these or similar in a heartbeat if available

8 minutes ago, waktasz said:

Hopefully that means they are coming out with new ones because the gen2 ones are no good

As long as I add ISMI springs, I've had good look with them, or at least the 126mm ones I've been running at work and IDPA.  I'm pretty excited about the new price.

20 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

fb:  Got my first 2011 ordered.......would you want to elaborate on the maglula mod?

Thanks!

My wife has the maglula at an NRA class right now, so can't take a picture at the moment.  Basically, just due to the shape of the STI mags, the part that goes down over the top of the magazine sort of grabs onto it.  You can drop a round in like normal, but the maglula doesn't pop up so you can push back in/down for the next round.  I just Dremeled a bit off on the sides where it goes over the magazine to prevent it from grabbing on.  Still works with my other mags and doesn't give me any fuss with the four STI mags I have anymore.

On 1/30/2019 at 4:43 PM, AF2010 said:

I just picked up my first Trojan today. Was previously someones safe queen and I am blown away by this thing... Slide to frame fit and barrel lock up are incredible. I almost bought a 3k dollar custom and I am glad I didn't... anyways I would buy more of these or similar in a heartbeat if available

My trojans have been great guns. Even better tighter gun for the money is dan wesson pointman.

On 1/30/2019 at 6:43 PM, AF2010 said:

AF2010:

Here you go:  https://dawsonprecision.com/guns/sti/

👍

All my gen 2 mags have been 100%. I have 3 in 9mm and 2 in 40. They ran right out of the package, no tuning or anything required. I hope they’re not getting rid of them. Maybe I’ll stick up on another 10 for each caliber. That should last me the rest of my life. 

On 2/1/2019 at 6:14 PM, motosapiens said:

hmm. we have 6 of the new-style sti-mags, and no issues with either of our maglula's. Perhaps we are doing it wrong.

I must be also. But no, theres no problem using the uplula with sti mags. Especially if you don’t jam it down hard over the mag. 

On 2/1/2019 at 5:14 PM, motosapiens said:

hmm. we have 6 of the new-style sti-mags, and no issues with either of our maglula's. Perhaps we are doing it wrong.

I believe ours are the Gen1's.  Have four of those and a couple MBX's.

On 1/30/2019 at 7:48 PM, tha1000 said:

They don’t fit in a dang maglula...  what’s up with .40 mags costing $10 more than 9mm mags?

I am using Gen 2 magazines and the MagLula works fine with them. I find I just have to hold the found down with one finger while releasing the handle between rounds to keep the round from popping out, but easy peasy. Sure makes loading up multiple 21 round mags easy and fast.

1 hour ago, Centuriator said:

I am using Gen 2 magazines and the MagLula works fine with them. I find I just have to hold the found down with one finger while releasing the handle between rounds to keep the round from popping out

Then it doesn’t work fine.