Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI

bucky707

Sarge, seriously....if you can't be troubled to use it properly, then don't use it. :) It works just fine if you use it properly. I use it to load up STI mags just as fast as I can any other magazine.

Edited by Centuriator

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2019 at 2:48 PM, fbzero said:

My wife has the maglula at an NRA class right now, so can't take a picture at the moment.  Basically, just due to the shape of the STI mags, the part that goes down over the top of the magazine sort of grabs onto it.  You can drop a round in like normal, but the maglula doesn't pop up so you can push back in/down for the next round.  I just Dremeled a bit off on the sides where it goes over the magazine to prevent it from grabbing on.  Still works with my other mags and doesn't give me any fuss with the four STI mags I have anymore.

fbzero and/or anyone else with maglula mods:

Was using the uplula at my first range session with the Staccato P 9mm, and was experiencing minor issues.  Like yours, the loader didn't want to "pop up" off the top of the magazine.  126's were easier (to load) than 140's as the 140's also wanted to pull back out the last round I inserted in.  Most I was inserting were 10 rounds at a time.  Hope all this makes sense......

Would appreciate anyone elaborating on the specific mods to the maglula.  Details would be a plus!

Thanks again!

Edited by HOGRIDER
update

On 2/26/2019 at 8:15 PM, HOGRIDER said:

fbzero and/or anyone else with maglula mods:

Was using the uplula at my first range session with the Staccato P 9mm, and was experiencing minor issues.  Like yours, the loader didn't want to "pop up" off the top of the magazine.  126's were easier (to load) than 140's as the 140's also wanted to pull back out the last round I inserted in.  Most I was inserting were 10 rounds at a time.  Hope all this makes sense......

Would appreciate anyone elaborating on the specific mods to the maglula.  Details would be a plus!

Thanks again!

What I did was pretty simple.  I just put a sanding wheel on my Dremel, held the part I'm holding with my thumb up with a dowel rod, and then ran the sanding wheel up into the slot to expand the circled areas until it no longer grabbed the top of my STI magazines.  Still works on all other magazines, no longer gives me a fit with the STI magazines.  It's clearly a molded part, so I'd guess that the people who haven't had any issues just didn't have as much extra plastic in these two areas.  Hope that helps!

maglula.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the great pistols that they have made in the past being discontinued is disheartening for some to include myself.  I’m hoping they can keep their competitive price point on the newly proposed entry level Staccato L that is supposedly the replacement for the flagship Edge.  It does appear as stated numerous times that the company is leaning towards a different crowd with the current DVC lineup and it’s price point.  I’m not so convinced that any DVC would outshoot an Edge, Eagle, Marauder, Hawk etc. it all seems aesthetic to me.  They are into that “Gucci guns of Instagram” look and the sell prices second that.  I’m not mad about it.  I think the DVCs are fine pieces of hardware just a little perplexed at what direction they are going.

• 2 years later...