Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Flat or curved trigger

RustedFrog

I am wondering what everyone's opinion is on triggers. My limited gun has a curved trigger and the open gun that I have been shooting for a couple years has a flat trigger. I am finally in the finishing stages of building my own open gun and I put a flat trigger in it. However, I am really thinking of a curved. For the people that have a strong opinion one way or the other what is reasoning for it?

I was looking at the medium flat from atlas or a long curved. The open gun that I have been shooting has a medium flat and my limited has a short curved. I definitely like the position of the medium better but I cannot tell you if curved vs flat makes a difference. Or if it is just how far out the trigger is. The one I put in my new build is a long flat. But it wont be done for a week or so more. 

The good thing about them is there adjustable, but you have to take it all apart to adjust it. I shot a couple matches with mine, and Area 4, never had any problems. I do like the feel over the curved that I had for a couple years. I shot the STI gunsmith blank in my limited set up, and was wanting that feeling again. It’s German steel so supposedly it makes the trigger bow stronger.

I think (IMHO) the major advantage of a flat trigger is that you can place your finger

lower on the trigger, which will make a heavy trigger feel lighter (fulcrum).

On an OPEN gun, you will have the trigger tuned to your desired weight, so straight

or curved shouldn't matter too much, unless you are like Moto above who has his

finger high on the trigger - then a flat will be better.    :) 

On 9/26/2018 at 2:50 PM, RustedFrog said:

I am wondering what everyone's opinion is on triggers. My limited gun has a curved trigger and the open gun that I have been shooting for a couple years has a flat trigger. I am finally in the finishing stages of building my own open gun and I put a flat trigger in it. However, I am really thinking of a curved. For the people that have a strong opinion one way or the other what is reasoning for it?

I run a flat trigger on all my competition guns, to include both tac shotguns. I've heard of a semi-flat trigger, but have yet to see one.