Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does anyone else think the Rts2 is a POS?

3gunDQ

So I switched to the Rts2 a while back, I own THREE Rts2 optics for TWO pistols because they are constantly in need of repair... currently TWO of them are down. One is fresh out of the box off “repair” for the glass blowing out of it. I got it back 4 months ago or so and just broke a newer one... slapped this one on the gun and it is on the blink. Literally, shoot it goes off... shoot again and it’s back on. Yes, I changed the battery with a tested battery and the battery is not the issue. 

Did I buy a few that were made on Friday or are they all shit? ...I  think they are all shit. Either the design or the manufacturing (or both) is lacking. $370 a piece shit heaps. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, HalRex said:

Mine seems to eat batteries in rapid fashion. I’m giving it some time but if I have any more issues I’m sending it back and going with DPP.

I almost added battery life to my comment above. I’m still on the same battery from last summer in my original RTS2.

9 hours ago, teros135 said:

Please take your product bashing somewhere else.  Thanks.  

Piss off dude... this is not product bashing it is product review. I OWN THREE and all have been in for repair, some more than a few times. Product bashing would be me owning none with no experiences to share and still saying they are shit.

I WILL ADD:

The folks at Cmore have always been good at customer service. The repair times are not great but I’m sure they have a lot of these things to work on. 

They have been pretty good for me, have one on each of my open guns. I sent one back for a dot that was dim but other than replacing a battery every couple of months they seem pretty good. Certainly an improvement over my slide ride C-mores in that the dots were not as crisp and sight drift was always an issue.  

I recently switched to Delta Point Pros on both of my Open Guns. I had nothing but problems with both of them. Going off in the middle of a stage, going dim and not being able to get them to brighten up and having to replace batteries every match. They are both off being repaired right now. I put my RTS2s that I had very little issues with back on both of my guns. The RTSs are staying on and the DPPs are going up for sale as soon as they come back. The point is, I don’t think anything is 100% reliable but I’ve had the best luck with the RTS2s and I like the 8 moa dot better than the 2.5 on the DPPs

I’m still using my original rts2 which I bought when it 1st come out and it lasted 400 rounds.

i sent it back with a nasty gram and they fixed it, I did the o ring under the battery contact and it work for years and thousands of rounds

Until last year it died, and I sent it in for the v4 upgrade and its still going

Personally went through 4 RTS2s last year in 7 months. From broken glass, (not warranted) to loss of connectivity. Another open shooter down here went through as many. Went back to slide rides. so yeah, 3gunDQ has it right.

Maybe they made all those on Fridays. 

Out of the gate we had issues.  Both my wife and I run them.  Initially we broke 4 of them.  The lens either cracked or completely shattered.  C-More was 100% on taking care of us and working through the problems.  I ended up putting a thin 1/32" piece of 70 durometer EPDM rubber between the sight and the mount.  That was more than a year ago and they have been flawless since.  I believe that C-More now recommends bedding them in Loc-Tite or something similar.  

I got some advice from a local GM that shoots more rounds in a month that many do in a year - he is bedding with some type of blue RTV and this seems to make them last longer. I have 3 and like them. Since having c-more upgrade to V4's I haven't had any issues. I did try a DDP but like the taller glass and dot size in the RTS2

It would be awesome if c-more could make the slide ride RTS2 size. 

Edited by Chillywig

27 minutes ago, Chillywig said:

I got some advice from a local GM that shoots more rounds in a month that many do in a year - he is bedding with some type of blue RTV and this seems to make them last longer. I have 3 and like them. Since having c-more upgrade to V4's I haven't had any issues. I did try a DDP but like the taller glass and dot size in the RTS2

It would be awesome if c-more could make the slide ride RTS2 size. 

6E7A5857-DA66-404E-A5DE-5CBB278D2BA3.jpeg

9 hours ago, HalRex said:

Mine seems to eat batteries in rapid fashion. I’m giving it some time but if I have any more issues I’m sending it back and going with DPP.

That's what I did.  Two of the three RTS2s I bought had to go back even before they were put on the gun.  The screws holding the bottom cover on protruded and the sight would not sit flush.  All three of them eat batteries, as in one per match.

I replaced the RTS@s with two DPPs for my steel Challenge guns.  I have a third on my backup Open gun.  All in all I prefer the DPPs, because they are brighter and the battery lasts longer.  One of the DPPs just got sent back because the accelerometer inside no longer works.  That was a PITA because it broke in the middle of a match.

23 minutes ago, zzt said:

That's what I did.  Two of the three RTS2s I bought had to go back even before they were put on the gun.  The screws holding the bottom cover on protruded and the sight would not sit flush.  All three of them eat batteries, as in one per match.

I replaced the RTS@s with two DPPs for my steel Challenge guns.  I have a third on my backup Open gun.  All in all I prefer the DPPs, because they are brighter and the battery lasts longer.  One of the DPPs just got sent back because the accelerometer inside no longer works.  That was a PITA because it broke in the middle of a match.

When I first got mine directly from CMore I sighted it in, did maybe an hour of dry fire and took it to a USPSA 5 stage match. The light strobed on the second stage then went completely out on the fourth stage. I swapped out the battery and it was all good for the final stage (I figured it must have been the battery that came w/it). So, I did some more practice and two matches later I got a flicker again. Now, its and 8MOA and I do leave it on during matches and typically on the brightest setting. Before my last battery change I used a q-tip to wipe out the battery tray and inside where the contacts are. We'll see how long it lasts.

I would be curious if there is a failure rate connection with the rts2 and the Romeo 3, I have had my r3 for 1.5 to 2 yrs and not a single issue, bright enough crisp dot, sips the battery, same mount pattern as the rts2, maybe just not as many out there for a high failure rate, but I am putting another on my new gun when compete

My red dots are the weak point of my guns.  I have both dpp and rts2 and both have been sent in.  

I wish aimpoint would get in the game.  Every aimpoint I have works flawlessly. 

On 5/1/2018 at 3:29 PM, Acsr said:

I would be curious if there is a failure rate connection with the rts2 and the Romeo 3, I have had my r3 for 1.5 to 2 yrs and not a single issue, bright enough crisp dot, sips the battery, same mount pattern as the rts2, maybe just not as many out there for a high failure rate, but I am putting another on my new gun when compete

I have two Sig Romeo 3's.  Approx 30k on one and 10k on another.  No issues with either at all.