Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carrying my PCC around, a thread about cases

I started out just using a regular AR carbine case, but I wanted more pockets.  Then I started using a take down shotgun hard case, and it worked better, but it was awkward, and I hated taking my PCC apart every time because its always so dirty.  Not having a case that can contain my PCC while assembled is also awkward at some matches with less progressive attitudes...  I think I want a discrete case of some type, but I am torn between the longer ones that still scream GUN CASE!!! and the shorter ones that require disassembly.   

So, what do y'all haul your PCC's around in?

Allen makes a Riot Shotgun case that is like 42”. I have also used a soft guitar case when I go to range for practice. Most soft guitar cases have back pack straps and a couple of big pouches to carry mags and enough ammo for a match. 

Hello: I use a scabbard and a small backpack. I keep my mags and ammo in the backpack and just the gun in/on the scabbard. I have also used a Shooters Connection stage bag to carry my mags and ammo. I like to carry light not bringing the whole kit with me. Thanks, Eric

Voodoo Tactical padded weapon case.  It has removable backpack straps but I personally pull it in a wagon.  Has plenty of spots for mags, tools, spare parts, etc.  Extremely well constructed and designed.  The 36” is the perfect size for a 16” fixed stock AR.  18” would be tighter depending on your stock length.  Plenty of room for optics on the gun.  A lot of times I’ll just unzip 1/2 of it and use it like a scabbard.  I like it enough that I have a larger one for my bolt action as well and keep each set to go with gun specific adjustment tools, etc.  (FYI It's also a double bag with compartments for a pistol so you could use it for 3 gun but that’s not my game so can’t specifically talk to that part of it.)

https://www.voodootactical.com/padded-weapon-case-36.html

EDIT TO ADD: My PCC has a 16” barrel, no comp, but I run my stock a little longer than most so it’s probably about the size of a regular 16” with a birdcage... fits perfectly.  

Edited by jkrispies

I have a Blackhawk tactical rifle case that I use to transport to the match, but use a converted jogging stroller to haul my gun and gear around at a match. I think I read the USPSA rules spell out procedure for using a gun cart as opposed to using a rifle case/scabbard. I know of one club here in Indiana that were finicky about using a gun case (no carts, I think), then uncasing on command at the line. I think most of that club members only shoot pistol matches, as opposed to guys who also shoot 3 gun and are used to using a gun cart. 

I have debated  using a backpack to haul my gear and PCC at a match. I haven't found a suitable backpack that is in my price range, or set up like I want. One of the reasons I like pistol matches is the reduced amount of gear needed as opposed to 3 gun. Still like the 3 gun game, but PCC has been a ton of fun. 

On January 5, 2018 at 8:33 AM, jkrispies said:

Voodoo Tactical padded weapon case.  It has removable backpack straps but I personally pull it in a wagon.  Has plenty of spots for mags, tools, spare parts, etc.  Extremely well constructed and designed.  The 36” is the perfect size for a 16” fixed stock AR.  18” would be tighter depending on your stock length.  Plenty of room for optics on the gun.  A lot of times I’ll just unzip 1/2 of it and use it like a scabbard.  I like it enough that I have a larger one for my bolt action as well and keep each set to go with gun specific adjustment tools, etc.  (FYI It's also a double bag with compartments for a pistol so you could use it for 3 gun but that’s not my game so can’t specifically talk to that part of it.)

https://www.voodootactical.com/padded-weapon-case-36.html

EDIT TO ADD: My PCC has a 16” barrel, no comp, but I run my stock a little longer than most so it’s probably about the size of a regular 16” with a birdcage... fits perfectly.  

I have the Walmart version of this.  In the company of some very expensive others I own, it seems to fit steel challenge nicely.  I can set it on the barrel and half unzip as mentioned.  I put the full mags in the left and right pouches and throw the used ones in the big center one during the stage after each flight.  

6 hours ago, wyliearms said:

Yep, I use that same scabbard.  Several of my shooting buddies do too.  We all like them.

Amazon sells them as well so check around for the best price.

Edited by XD Niner