Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

15 minutes ago, sfinney said:

Obviously all of these weights are minus the steel magwell.

So what parts are going in to add the difference in weight between these different guns? A tungsten guide rod is only so much.... 

Are we sure these photos are with unloaded mags? With 23 rounds of 147gn bullets, mine comes in at 45.5oz - people would likely have to be swapping out the grip weight, guide rod and probably shoving other weights into the frame to get it that heavy. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Daemunx1 said:

Looking again at the sear, I can see a very fine hair line at the base of the sear face where the 2 angles come together. I can’t catch it on camera with a cellphone but it looks like whatever implement they used to polish it just didnt quite reach 100% into the angle. Its like the finest of hair lines but with how sharp the strikers edge was it was enough to catch on it. 

Careful with this home gunsmithing, you should never attempt any modifications that the factory engineers didn't intend! 

3 hours ago, Shadyscott999 said:

That is the point.  :)

Ok, point made. ?

Mind sharing the specifics of how you heavied up your X5 using internal parts? It may be in the last 50 pages of forum thread, but I searched through and did not see it. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Marshal82 said:

Careful with this home gunsmithing, you should never attempt any modifications that the factory engineers didn't intend! 

Like I said not modifying anything. Not doing anything beyond knocking off an edge that would eventually wear no less. Wouldnt recommend anyone tamper with engagement angles, removing enough material to reduce surface area of contact points or anything of the sort but polishing is pretty safe. 

(Oh, it’s you. ?)

Edited by Daemunx1

Got my trigger kit from Gray Guns

Install was simple

Went from 7.5 lbs to 3lbs- 3lbs. 4 ozs

3.2 avg of 5 pulls on Lyman gauge

I'm impressed, worth the money! IMO

2 minutes ago, jcc7x7 said:

Got my trigger kit from Gray Guns

Install was simple

Went from 7.5 lbs to 3lbs- 3lbs. 4 ozs

3.2 avg of 5 pulls on Lyman gauge

I'm impressed, worth the money! IMO

Sweet, gonna install mine tonight.  Do you recall what size punch the trigger overtravel stop needed?  Loaned a buddy a couple punches and wont be able to get them back before I install tonight, just gonna grab one on the way home.  

Just now, jcc7x7 said:

Think its a 1/16

a pointed one will also work the newer FCU's that one is staked. So just break it loose then it will drift out.

I did not restake mine

My X5 has a build date of late March so I guess it would be staked then?  So that's not a hollow roll pin right?  Would hate to drive a too small of a punch into it.  ?

7 hours ago, Shadyscott999 said:

I think if you weigh yours, you will find Sig declared weight is grossly exaggerated.  Alma posted a pic of his gun in stock configuration coming in at 25.5 oz i believe.  

I only have a bathroom scale for weighing so accuracy will not be exceptional, lol...

But it says my X5, with magazine and with Springer tungsten guide rod but without magwell is right at 2 pounds, sometimes 2.1. So probably a little over 2 pounds.

So maybe 33 oz?

My 5" M&P weighed in at around 25 oz. at the last equipment check (including empty magazine) as I recall. The X5 is noticeably heavier.

15 minutes ago, dave33 said:

My X5 has a build date of late March so I guess it would be staked then?  So that's not a hollow roll pin right?  Would hate to drive a too small of a punch into it.  ?

It's a solid pin

Just want to give you guys an update on my xfive. I’ve been shooting it mid May 2017 one of the first batch with the silver barrel.

regarding the barrel wear. I just lube the barrel with light grease and it looks like it solved that problem of rubbing in too much.

For the issue of not getting into battery/ barrel not locking up, if you do not pull the slide way back and having a strong spring, it won’t lock into place. I did try to shoot it a lot hoping it would breakin after 1000 rounds but it still hangs up sometimes using the stock recoil spring. 

Sent the pistol to GG and had the competition trigger job when it came back swapped the recoil spring to a 13lbs with a SS guide rod by springer. That fixed the going into battery problem. 

Sent my plastic grip to alma and picked the aggressive compound, installed the Romeo 1 and the rest is just clean and shoot wow trouble free on the optics as well the Romeo 1 still holds the zero from my first sight-in talk about set and forget.  plus the grips by alam cole are holding up real well! I’ve been shooting it every weekend. 

This must be my favorite pistol to shoot coz it gives me no grief. Always goes bang when I pull the trigger and never failed to finish a match!

Only new upgrade I did was picking up the GG fat guiderod when it came out. just had to get it to match the GG trigger work.

cheers!

Edited by Gviz

15 hours ago, Gviz said:

Just want to give you guys an update on my xfive. I’ve been shooting it mid May 2017 one of the first batch with the silver barrel.

regarding the barrel wear. I just lube the barrel with light grease and it looks like it solved that problem of rubbing in too much.

For the issue of not getting into battery/ barrel not locking up, if you do not pull the slide way back and having a strong spring, it won’t lock into place. I did try to shoot it a lot hoping it would breakin after 1000 rounds but it still hangs up sometimes using the stock recoil spring. 

Sent the pistol to GG and had the competition trigger job when it came back swapped the recoil spring to a 13lbs with a SS guide rod by springer. That fixed the going into battery problem. 

Sent my plastic grip to alma and picked the aggressive compound, installed the Romeo 1 and the rest is just clean and shoot wow trouble free on the optics as well the Romeo 1 still holds the zero from my first sight-in talk about set and forget.  plus the grips by alam cole are holding up real well! I’ve been shooting it every weekend. 

This must be my favorite pistol to shoot coz it gives me no grief. Always goes bang when I pull the trigger and never failed to finish a match!

Only new upgrade I did was picking up the GG fat guiderod when it came out. just had to get it to match the GG trigger work.

cheers!

Get the springer precision tungsten guide rod if you can. The additional weight compared to the stainless fat rod helps in keeping the muzzle flat during recoil. I used it with a 10# Wilson combat recoil spring along with my ~130pf reloads.

Just installed my GG competition trigger kit, almost speechless. From just under 7lbs to 3.5lbs and the over-travel and reset are way shorter. I have to say, I like this trigger better than my CZ P-09 with Cajun parts. I never dared hope that it could be this good. May go back in and polish it a bit, but wow!

I installed mine today also and then put the stock x5 trigger on my carry p320. I have dealt with heavy stock triggers almost exclusively and i’m just gonna say that it’s going to take some getting used to with the new one. The take up is so small and the wall is so easy to get over that it is easy (to me, like I said I’m used to heavy triggers) to pull it a little too much too soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the GG competition trigger kit, and my xfive back from being upgraded, this week.

I followed Alma's video (Thanks Alma!!)?

But, upon reassembly, the little "lifter" spring went missing.☹️

I was working, on a sheet of paper, on the kitchen table, so I WOULDN'T lose anything.

I finally just pulled a spring from another 320, and everything seems to function like it should, and by my old, crappy trigger gauge, it's a little less than 3#, and feels like it should be shootable.?

I suppose I'm going to have to contact Sig, next week, and see if I can get another spring?

I have a question for yall, would I be able to make production weight if I got a springer precision tungsten guide rod, remove the magwell and with .25 springer basepad? What about the .375? Does it still fit the box with the .375 if it does make weight? The reason I ask is that discussion about weights a couple pages back has me reconsidering some modifications  if it would put me over weight.

I think it would be hard to get over weight for Production with just basepads and a guide rod....  those other guys are doing all kinds of unnatural things ;) to the insides of their frames with extra weights etc. above and beyond that.

Seems to be a little bit clandestine. Or its a service someone is charging for, and is proprietary knowledge, which I'm cool with. 

But a pictorial and step by step on adding 10+ ounces to an X-Five would be awesome. :)