• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, CDRNorth said:

Hey Guys, is this bore unusually rough? 

Picture of X-Five Bore

I've seen worse.

Is it accurate?

SHOULD be able to put 5 in less than 1 1/2"@ 25 yards, or better, with a load it likes.

Mine shows a preferance for 124-125 grain jhps. 4 out of 5 always under an inch.

3 hours ago, RH45 said:

I've seen worse.

Is it accurate?

SHOULD be able to put 5 in less than 1 1/2"@ 25 yards, or better, with a load it likes.

Mine shows a preferance for 124-125 grain jhps. 4 out of 5 always under an inch.

Thanks for the feedback.

I am still working on getting the leading down. I am running 124gr Bayou's (.358), but they look like they are running out or coating at about 4 inches. Not to mention other leading issues. Bell and crimp not an issue, HP38 (3.9gr), 1.130 depth.

I am going to pick up some Blue Bullets and give them a try.

Anyone ever add lube to coated bullets? I have about 800 left and don't want them to go to waste.

3 hours ago, CDRNorth said:

Thanks for the feedback.

I am still working on getting the leading down. I am running 124gr Bayou's (.358), but they look like they are running out or coating at about 4 inches. Not to mention other leading issues. Bell and crimp not an issue, HP38 (3.9gr), 1.130 depth.

Anyone ever add lube to coated bullets? I have about 800 left and don't want them to go to waste.

I think that with your rough bore, you’re going to have issues with all lead, or, coated bullets.

Try some jhps 

Sig won’t replace the barrel under warranty if they can get it to do 2”@10 yards, out of a Ransom rest. Surely not acceptable accuracy for ME.

4 hours ago, Smithcity said:

Has anyone gotten the stainless steel springer extended max release? Is it worth it?

Yes. It's really nice. Just like factory but 0.10 longer. It's slightly lighter since it's aluminum. 

22 hours ago, Gviz said:

Do you guys add additional weight for carry optics and if so how and where? Thanks in advance 

Tagged for interest in replies.  I’ve been thinking about removing my grip weight in order to add more muzzle weight for my production gun.  Not sure where it would go other than a tungsten guide rod.  

I thought there was a thread somewhere that showed a ~43oz X5 that appeared stock on the outside.  Obviously this is well over the weight limit for prod, but I would be interested I see how they got the weight that high.

I used tungsten Golf club powder in the grip void of my RX (i.e. same as the weight in the x-five)

Also snuck some in the bottom of the guide rod area of the plastic frame by dermeling a grove for it.

This is on a Carry Optics gun that doesn't limit the weight by manc. spec but has a 45 oz limit.

Probably not helpful for Prod. class, but maybe for CO

Honestly doesn't help splits for me but I tend to grip hard.

Good for the mentel side of things as I don;t feel like I'm giving anything up to the metal frame guns

37 minutes ago, jcc7x7 said:

I used tungsten Golf club powder in the grip void of my RX (i.e. same as the weight in the x-five)

Also snuck some in the bottom of the guide rod area of the plastic frame by dermeling a grove for it.

This is on a Carry Optics gun that doesn't limit the weight by manc. spec but has a 45 oz limit.

Probably not helpful for Prod. class, but maybe for CO

Honestly doesn't help splits for me but I tend to grip hard.

Good for the mentel side of things as I don;t feel like I'm giving anything up to the metal frame guns

Thanks for the info!  My thought was to relocate weight under the muzzle as I’m not sure it does much good in the grip when you factor the weight of a loaded mag & basepad.

Did you mix epoxy with the tungsten powder?

Any alternative sources for tungsten guide rods other than Springer?  Nothing against them at all, but it looks like the price went up to $100 and are back ordered.

Anyone else have a problem with flinching with the X5?  I went from a Glock to the X5, and for whatever reason I have a tendency to flinch low and slightly left on 2nd and third shots.  I don’t flinch with any other gun - just the X5.  It also doesn’t happen to the first shot, just some follow up shots.

is this a technique issue?  Is there something about going from a Glock grip to Sig grip that might be inducing this?

6 minutes ago, UpYoursPal said:

Anyone else have a problem with flinching with the X5?  I went from a Glock to the X5, and for whatever reason I have a tendency to flinch low and slightly left on 2nd and third shots.  I don’t flinch with any other gun - just the X5.  It also doesn’t happen to the first shot, just some follow up shots.

is this a technique issue?  Is there something about going from a Glock grip to Sig grip that might be inducing this?

More left hand grip pressure

Lighter recoil spring

1 hour ago, UpYoursPal said:

Do you have the same issue when slow-firing? 

17 minutes ago, incogneato said:

Do you have the same issue when slow-firing? 

Yes.  Even if I take a full second between shots, I’ll occasionally get some muzzle dip right before the shot breaks.

Trigger control. Dry fire it a  bunch. Muzzle dip before it breaks is all you... just gotta get used to it.  FWIW I have the opposite problem I usually see this magnified on my Glocks, my X-Five is easier - but it does have the full GG trigger it it which helps.

13 minutes ago, UpYoursPal said:

Yes.  Even if I take a full second between shots, I’ll occasionally get some muzzle dip right before the shot breaks.

It's a bit of a stretch, but I wonder if your wrists "remember" the Glock grip angle, and haven't quite adapted to the more vertical Sig grip.

In contrast, I have to adjust my grip on X grip modules to accommodate for them being too "Glock-like" in comparison to the regular P320 grip. 

After screwing around with my Xfive, trying to get it set up, I finally shot it at an all steel, IDPA match yesterday.

The holster I have for it, came with the gun, and it says Xfive on it. I probably should have put it on my belt, and done some practice draws. If I would have, I would have ordered another holster. I don't know what my draw times were, but they sure sucked!

The pistol functioned perfectly, with 128pf loads, and whenever I pulled the trigger, when the dot was on a target, there was a hit.

compared to my open guns, or, my M&P 2.0, that's set up for carry optics, the trigger isn't nearly as good, my transitions felt a lot slower, and eventhough the xfive is more accurate than my M&P, it has more muzzle jump, and felt recoil.

That said, I was surprised to see that I was the top pistol shooter at the match, and also ended up beating several PCC shooters. I know, that on average, I can get my first shot off, with a PCC about 3/4 of a second faster than I can usually get my first shot off, out of a holster.

I'm definitely getting another holster for it, and maybe replacing the 3 moa Romeo1, with a 6moa. The trigger pull, with the Gray Guns trigger kit isn't horrible, but, it does have more creep, and a much longer reset than I would like.  

On 7/4/2018 at 1:46 PM, CDRNorth said:

Thanks for the feedback.

I suggest you try a heavier bullet (147) and less velocity with a cooler powder for less leading. Something like 3.8 grains of Unique has worked well for me in the past. Shooting 1000 jacketed bullets also might smooth it out some. For the jacketed get the 115 grain and load them hot for maximum smoothing.

Edited by midvalleyshooter

On 7/12/2018 at 7:48 PM, IndyColtsFan said:

Any alternative sources for tungsten guide rods other than Springer?  Nothing against them at all, but it looks like the price went up to $100 and are back ordered.

They've been $100 for as long as I can remember- and if you've seen what's happened to the price of tungsten in the past 3 months you might wonder why it's that cheap...

19 hours ago, midvalleyshooter said:

I suggest you try a heavier bullet (147) and less velocity with a cooler powder for less leading. Something like 3.8 grains of Unique has worked well for me in the past. Shooting 1000 jacketed bullets also might smooth it out some. For the jacketed get the 115 grain and load them hot for maximum smoothing.

Personally, if I were that concerned about it, I would do a proper lapping job- or send it out for one.

Does anyone know if you can use the gray guns competition trigger kit with a non upgraded x5. Or do I have to have it upgraded by sig and then get the gray guns trigger kit. Or does anyone know where I can get a grayguns trigger kit made for non upgraded x5. 

6 minutes ago, Spencerb1911 said:

Does anyone know if you can use the gray guns competition trigger kit with a non upgraded x5. Or do I have to have it upgraded by sig and then get the gray guns trigger kit. Or does anyone know where I can get a grayguns trigger kit made for non upgraded x5. 

It has to be upgraded. Just upgrade your gun, the turn around isn't that long and the trigger is better.