Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, alma said:

Don't for get that the X-Carry grip doesn't have the full rail on it. It seems to be an identical grip but it's chopped for Carry/Compact length slides. It will function the same, of course. 

It is, i got my x-carry grip module a little while back, and immediately had to order 17rd mags because i forgot it wouldn’t accept the 15rders. Think glock 19x but sig (=better). Full size grip but compact slide

10 hours ago, alma said:

Don't for get that the X-Carry grip doesn't have the full rail on it. It seems to be an identical grip but it's chopped for Carry/Compact length slides. It will function the same, of course. 

That link has pictures of both the carry grip and full size grip and both are avail. Just make sure you click the right product, it has "full" in the description...   I ordered and received one of each. As well as the full weighted/magwell version for about $85.... experimenting and playing around. 

22 minutes ago, paperchasin said:

Are there any plain black front sight options out there?  Did a quick search thru DP's site and didn't see anything.

they may make one for you.

Call them on Tuesday.

I've found Dawson very accomadating!

2 hours ago, sfinney said:

That link has pictures of both the carry grip and full size grip and both are avail. Just make sure you click the right product, it has "full" in the description...   I ordered and received one of each. As well as the full weighted/magwell version for about $85.... experimenting and playing around. 

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated, everyone.

8 minutes ago, jcc7x7 said:

they may make one for you.

Call them on Tuesday.

I've found Dawson very accomadating!

Appreciate the input.  I'm sorta surprised they don't already make something.  I find the FO front sight distracting with the Romeo1 dot

On May 26, 2018 at 3:29 PM, Gviz said:

Nope, no luck using grip tape. I have sweaty palms and any type of grip tape would shift on my grips sooner or later and would leave a messy chunk of glue. 

I had my grips done by alma cole he did a silicone carbide with aggressive texture and it’s been awesome and holding up really well. This is the best solution for me. Try it out you won’t regret it. Cheers! 

I also have had my grips done by Alma Cole with the silicon carbide aggressive texturing.  Great craftsmanship and durability, highly recommended!

While I really like the improvements, the trigger kit made. But I may have one of the bad sears of I just may need to polish something, If I squeeze the trigger, really slowly it makes a noise and feels like it is dragging.

Here is a link to a video of it:

On 5/27/2018 at 11:13 PM, BLUEPSTU said:

I have read that GG had a problem with some of the sears. They are telling people that they can return them, and they will send them a new one.

I wouldn't say I have a problem. It shoots great, it just has a mushy/crunchy feeling as the trigger is beginning to disengage. 

Edited by mikek2111987

On 5/31/2018 at 11:13 AM, Daemunx1 said:

Its varied. Mine was not mushy, it hung up at the base of the sear and clicked. Like others have said its like a second trigger break. They definetly are having some problems. 

I guess I got lucky then, I think my problem can be solved with polishing. Just need to locate the culprits

I canceled my order since I haven’t received any shipping notification a week after ordering. It saved me money since I had been shooting with my shadow 2 and TSO more than the X5 anyway.

I recall reading some details once upon a moon about this topic but haven’t been able to locate it. Is an X5 with a small full sized 320 grip module carry optics legal? I believe so due to the rule regarding swapping of production legal components between approved guns.

Thanks in advance.

It is very out of date.... and technically the gun met all of safety requirements to be able to be released so they don’t really have grounds for a case in my opinion.

I also bet they are trying to cut gun sales and companies however they can, if they can make a business lose a lot of customers or even go bankrupt thats a win. Especially since Sig is now our military’s pistol supplier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do I tune my X5 using recoil springs? I have never ventured into this before. Always bought a gun and just shot it the way it was out of the box (other than trigger upgrades). For my X5, I recently picked up a GG Fat guide rod and some 1911 springs in various weights and I plan on tuning it to minimize recoil.

So can you guys point me in the right direction on how to start? With any given ammo, should I start with a light spring and then work my way up until it won't cycle properly? What if I get to my heaviest spring and she still cycles fine? Is there such thing as too light of a spring that might result in unnecessary stress to the frame? Are there other factors I need to look at like ejection pattern?