Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, mikek2111987 said:

Has anyone done anything to shorten the pretravel take up before the trigger begins to catch? I have a PELT2 trigger and my own polish work, that's it. 

I installed the Apex trigger bar kit with the flat advanced trigger and it pretty much took out all the pre-travel. You are at the wall from the start.

10 minutes ago, BLUEPSTU said:

I installed the Apex trigger bar kit with the flat advanced trigger and it pretty much took out all the pre-travel. You are at the wall from the start.

Thats what I’m wanting it for. I dont know if I’ll ever be able to find a gray guns set and dont know if it will do as much for pretravel as the apex bar. 

3 hours ago, AmarokTactical said:

How are you guys getting 23 rounds in your mags? Do I need to add the Grams follower kit to the SP Ez 140 basepad on the 21 round mags or does the EZ 140 come with it's own spring/follower?

Yes you need the grams spring and follower to make it to 23. You can order it by checking the box while ordering the base pad. It will add $19.00 to the pad.

Edited by z40acp

20 hours ago, BLUEPSTU said:

From what I read on previous pages, doesn't the Apex bar push the trigger uncomfortably too far forward?

The trigger doesnt actually move forward ofc. Just the break point. Whether or not its uncomfortable would be a matter of preference. I’m currently shooting in a marksmanship league that doesnt allow any trigger mods so I’m personally just waiting for it to end before installing one. 

1 hour ago, mikek2111987 said:

From what I read on previous pages, doesn't the Apex bar push the trigger uncomfortably too far forward?

Didn't seem that way to me. I do like the improvement that it has made.

2 hours ago, CDRNorth said:

Thanks.

I have contacted the manufacturer and waiting for feedback.

I checked mine out. I have a few hundred through it with the guide rod. It does show a little wear but it is not quite as bad as yours. To be honest, it is not anything that would bother me. i just assumed when you have two pieces of metal rubbing there are bound to be marks. I don't necessarily feel the marks, I can just see them.

Edited by BLUEPSTU

6 hours ago, BLUEPSTU said:

I checked mine out. I have a few hundred through it with the guide rod. It does show a little wear but it is not quite as bad as yours. To be honest, it is not anything that would bother me. i just assumed when you have two pieces of metal rubbing there are bound to be marks. I don't necessarily feel the marks, I can just see them.

Thanks for checking.

I looked at one in my CZ, it over 3000 rounds through it and it is in better shape.

I was just concerned that it would cause undue wear on the slide.

I put it back in and will keep an eye on it.

May have to go to a 13lb spring, ejection was really weak at 130pf.

13 minutes ago, Daemunx1 said:

Shhhhhhhh! J/k. Got my email and immediately ordered my (no trigger) kit. Finally!

Oh yeah, I waited to complete my order before I posted. Super stoked to finally get a decent trigger in this thing, it has been my only gripe with this gun.

5 minutes ago, paperchasin said:

Are you guys running the kit AND Pelt2 trigger or just the Kit alone? What can you expect if you ran both the kit and the pelt2 trigger together? Tried looking on the GG site but it doesn't mention anything specific to the X5. 

If you already have the PELT2 you want to buy the kit with no trigger ($50). If you buy the kit with a flat or curved trigger, that will be a PELT2 - they are designed to be run together. 

Edited by AmarokTactical

3 minutes ago, AmarokTactical said:

If you already have the PELT2 you want to buy the kit with no trigger ($50). If you buy the kit with a flat or curved trigger, that will be a PELT2 - they are designed to be run together. 

Appreciate the response. Reason I ask is because yes, I already do have the Pelt2 trigger and based on the description, this alone would lower the pull weight on the X5. I was just wondering how running the combined Kit + Pelt2 would change this.

Just now, paperchasin said:

Appreciate the response. Reason I ask is because yes, I already do have the Pelt2 trigger and based on the description, this alone would lower the pull weight on the X5. I was just wondering how running the combined Kit + Pelt2 would change this.

The kit MUST be used with the PELT2 trigger on an upgraded P320. So the results will be the same as everyone has been reporting ~3# trigger pull with less over travel and less spongy feeling on the break. 

2 minutes ago, AmarokTactical said:

The kit MUST be used with the PELT2 trigger on an upgraded P320. So the results will be the same as everyone has been reporting ~3# trigger pull with less over travel and less spongy feeling on the break. 

Got it. Thanks again for the responses!

9 minutes ago, paperchasin said:

The pelt2 alone reduces pull on the x5 by a very small amount. Most ppl report .3 - .5 lb. I put one in mine and could tell no difference by feel.  In my opinion the pelt2 alone is really meant more as a flat trigger upgrade for standard 320’s with a curved trigger. The rest of the kit is (sear and springs) is where the real change in pull comes from in an x5. 

Edited by Daemunx1

4 minutes ago, Daemunx1 said:

The pelt2 alone reduces pull on the x5 by a very small amount. Most ppl report .3 - .5 lb. I put one in mine and could tell no difference by feel.  In my opinion the pelt2 alone is really meant more as a flat trigger upgrade for standard 320’s with a curved trigger. The rest of the kit is (sear and springs) is where the real change in pull comes from in an x5. 

Thanks for the information and clarification. Embarrassed to say that since receiving the Pelt2, I have yet to install it. So now I will just wait for the rest of the kit to show up before installing. Thanks again!

Edited by paperchasin