Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

1 minute ago, HickLife said:

Ordered mine just a little bit ago! I didn’t get an email for some reason so thanks for posting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're welcome, that's exactly why I posted. Several others on the forums had issues in the past so I'm sure this time was no different.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, AmarokTactical said:

You're welcome, that's exactly why I posted. Several others on the forums had issues in the past so I'm sure this time was no different.

I was one of them. I repeatedly signed up for the notification list but never recieved a notification. This time I got an email for the triggerless kit but still never anything for the regular kit. 

3 minutes ago, Daemunx1 said:

I was one of them. I repeatedly signed up for the notification list but never recieved a notification. This time I got an email for the triggerless kit but still never anything for the regular kit. 

You better hurry it's been posted on Reddit so it will sell out very quickly.

4 hours ago, Daemunx1 said:

The pelt2 alone reduces pull on the x5 by a very small amount. Most ppl report .3 - .5 lb. I put one in mine and could tell no difference by feel.  In my opinion the pelt2 alone is really meant more as a flat trigger upgrade for standard 320’s with a curved trigger. The rest of the kit is (sear and springs) is where the real change in pull comes from in an x5. 

Exactly my experience also.

In case y’all didn’t know, the xcarry requires a 17 rd magazine. Just got my grip module in today and I have to get new magazines before I can use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/14/2018 at 10:40 AM, CDRNorth said:

Thanks.

I have contacted the manufacturer and waiting for feedback.

It is great to deal with a company that still believes in quality customer service. They said that the rod should not look like that after so few rounds and they sent me a replacement.

On 5/16/2018 at 7:35 PM, BLUEPSTU said:

I ordered the kit and want to try it with my Apex flat trigger. Would love it if they worked together.

I ordered their competition kit, also. Has yours shipped yet? They did state to be patient as they had a ton of orders come in for it.

According to the tracking number, mine is supposed to be here tomorrow.

I hope it works as well for me as some other people have reported.

Most of my game guns are 1911s & 2011s, with sub 2# triggers.

I don't expect any plastic gun to have a trigger as nice as a GOOD 1911/2011, but, if it comes out as well as my Apexed, M&Ps, it will be shootable.

37 minutes ago, RH45 said:

According to the tracking number, mine is supposed to be here tomorrow.

I hope it works as well for me as some other people have reported.

Most of my game guns are 1911s & 2011s, with sub 2# triggers.

I don't expect any plastic gun to have a trigger as nice as a GOOD 1911/2011, but, if it comes out as well as my Apexed, M&Ps, it will be shootable.

Mine is still in processing.

But my Romeo is supposed to be in today.

I am having an issue with my X5 where it doesn't fully return to battery unless it gets the full power of the spring pushing it forward. It just hung up just before returning to battery and needs a little push to get there. I've tried to figure out where it is rubbing to cause this issue but I cannot figure it out. Does anyone know what part causes this problem and/or how to remedy this?

I recieved and installed my kit yesterday. It had a hangup and a audible click on initial press where the striker was snagging at the base of the sear engagement face. I took a fine stone lightly to the edge of the striker hook and softened it just a hair and it went away. I didnt have any trouble with the factory sear. It seems like when grayguns polished the sear face they just left a rough bit right at the very base. Otherwise its pretty nice. The sear angle looks to be just a hair more nuetral than factory and the face is highly polished. I’d done quite a bit of polishing on my factory sear so it was already pretty nice but the slight change in angle makes it a touch lighter. Overtravel is slightly improved thanks to the added overtravel stop and creep is reduced thanks to the polish on the sear but it didnt really do anything for pretravel distance so recommended or not I’ll probably still try adding the apex trigger bar. 

Edited by Daemunx1

Shot both of these yesterday. Can see the difference in how much the slide rubs. Design differences ofc. Just odd considering how large the barrel opening is on the 320 compared to the hk yet it rubs so much more still. Part if it may be just that its more visible on the sigs barrel finish but its the only thing I can find that might be preventing return to battery under light return. 

7FA6C91F-AA6A-4D81-A03F-C530A9B2717B.jpeg

Edited by Daemunx1

14 minutes ago, Daemunx1 said:

Shot both of these yesterday. Can see the difference in how much the slide rubs. Design differences ofc. Just odd considering how large the barrel opening is on the 320 compared to the hk yet it rubs so much more still. Part if it may be just that its more visible on the sigs barrel finish but its the only thing I can find that might be preventing return to battery under light return. 

I think I can ignore all that and think I know now where its coming from. 

See the opening just in front of the upgraded drop safety notch? I think the safety is slipping into that a touch as the slide moves past it just before it reaches full return. You can see the wear on the edges of the hole. The amount of resistance it has passing that point also very closely matches the amount of force require to depress the safety riser. 

A58E5A01-3773-4460-833B-7BFB58A76AC1.jpeg

Edited by Daemunx1

5 hours ago, CDRNorth said:

I ordered their competition kit, also. Has yours shipped yet? They did state to be patient as they had a ton of orders come in for it.

I got mine on Saturday and installed it that night. It def lightens the trigger. It does not take away as much pre-travel as the Apex trigger bar kit does. It would not work with the Apex flat trigger so I have to use the trigger that came with the kit. One negative is that even though the trigger is lighter, there does seem to be some "grittiness" as I am pulling the trigger. I don't know if I would call it creep as much as it feels like something is rubbing a little wrong. Will find out for sure when I try live fire.

1 hour ago, Daemunx1 said:

I recieved and installed my kit yesterday. It had a hangup and a audible click on initial press where the striker was snagging at the base of the sear engagement face. I took a fine stone lightly to the edge of the striker hook and softened it just a hair and it went away. I didnt have any trouble with the factory sear. It seems like when grayguns polished the sear face they just left a rough bit right at the very base. Otherwise its pretty nice. The sear angle looks to be just a hair more nuetral than factory and the face is highly polished. I’d done quite a bit of polishing on my factory sear so it was already pretty nice but the slight change in angle makes it a touch lighter. Overtravel is slightly improved thanks to the added overtravel stop and creep is reduced thanks to the polish on the sear but it didnt really do anything for pretravel distance so recommended or not I’ll probably still try adding the apex trigger bar. 

(Hk compared to x5 in regards to my last post. 1.9mb limit amd all that)

66388B44-ED0F-42E5-993F-BFE43C970D97.jpeg

Do you think you can use the GG competition kit with the Apex trigger bar kit? I have both but took out the Apex trigger bar kit as I did not know if the GG kit could be used with anything other than the stock trigger bar. It would be nice if I could combine the two, but I know the Apex flat trigger would not work with my GG kit.

Just now, BLUEPSTU said:

I got mine on Saturday and installed it that night. It def lightens the trigger. It does not take away as much pre-travel as the Apex trigger bar kit does. It would not work with the Apex flat trigger so I have to use the trigger that came with the kit. One negative is that even though the trigger is lighter, there does seem to be some "grittiness" as I am pulling the trigger. I don't know if I would call it creep as much as it feels like something is rubbing a little wrong. Will find out for sure when I try live fire.

I wonder if its the same issue I had with it being a little rough or some sort of notch/groove at the base of the sear. As I mentioned, taking a little of the sharp edge off the striker hook solved it for me. 

5 minutes ago, BLUEPSTU said:

Do you think you can use the GG competition kit with the Apex trigger bar kit? I have both but took out the Apex trigger bar kit as I did not know if the GG kit could be used with anything other than the stock trigger bar. It would be nice if I could combine the two, but I know the Apex flat trigger would not work with my GG kit.

My only worry that with the change  in sear angle and lighter springs the change in geometry caused by the bar might cause the sear to release unexpectedly/too soon. I’ll probably start with using the heavier stock springs just to keep it engaged a little more solidly for the first test then try the lighter springs if all goes well (if needed.) Physically I’m sure it’ll fit fine as others have already mentioned doing it. In fact I think someone mentioned it actually increased pull weight a little over the grayguns trigger alone. I’m not sure if they were using just the pelt2 or the full kit though. 

Edited by Daemunx1