Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadows 2 is coming

PRanta

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a kind of tradition. CZ has got barrel lengths wrong for years. I think it is close enough :).

Maybe they convert from mm to inch to mm to inch to mm?

Maybe they just make a new web page based on an old one - and forget to update some of the items.

(... been there, done that)

I'm pretty sure the difference is that CZ measures there barrels over all length, crown to end of the feed ramp, where as most other manufacturers measure there barrels from crown to breach face. You can usually take about a quarter of an inch off the CZ length to get the more standardized barrel length.

They certainly made a nice vid. I'll get one.

I do wonder about 2 things.

Will old model grips fit new shadow?

I assume mags will be the same but confirmation would be nice.

My other curiosity is stuff like hammer springs?

Looks like Robin Sebo and Maria Gushchina will have their Shadow 2 at the Australian IPSC Nationals 25-27 March (Easter).

This will be the first International competition for the gun.

Unfortunately, the Shadow 2 will not be ratified for IPSC Production until 1 April so they will probably be shooting in Standard.

PB says the mags fit.

Edited by BMaus

wow, the inside of that gun actually looks like it wasn't chiseled with hand tools and finished with a dremel. verra nice.

Sort of like the hamburger they took a picture of doesn't look like the one in the bag they hand you out the window ?

thanks for posting my pics above. I'll try to get the rest of them up in a public domain as soon as I get home.

The gun rocks, that much I can say. In talking with the team and handling the guns at IWA I was super impressed. the reduction under the beavertail, even with the thicker frame, means smaller hands can still get a good trigger position in DA.

Suggested retail is 1000 Euro (so I was off by a bit). they are aggressively marketing this gun. It has been approved as of April 1st for IPSC I am told.

There were two models with accurizing bushings, I got exclusive pics of that as well as the internals. will post soon (add me as Robert Engh on facebook if you really need to see the pics now).

sear cage is totally different, trigger bar looks beefier, but it could be an optical illusion. I thought the Rami slidestop would work, but because the frame is thicker it won't. they say they will make one for the 2, but that could take a long time. they were surprised to learn a lot of us use Rami slidestops in the Shadow already.

the new rear sight rocks, enough so that I bought 6 and have 10 more coming.

there is some weight reduction done to the springbox and the stainless recoil rod.

The differences in measurements you see in publication is because some countries measure from one spot and others from a different spot. Hopefully we'll see a chart showing measurements and where they were taken

One of the pics shows the new barrel in an old slide, basically it's an Oz barrel

the new coating, holy fcuk. it is durable, we took two today and beat them pretty good against each other as well as dragged a knife tip over the slide. Not a mark. The new finish is tough, smooth, and slick.

Machining is some of the nicest I've seen. all done on brand new machines and state of the art, including the QC afterwards.

SIngle action only versions will happen

The gun should be shipping with both styles of safeties in the box. Not sure if they will both be fitted or not though. Existing safeties and slidestops will not work due to the frame being wider and the rails thicker.

springs are the same, at least so I was told, trigger spring, hammer spring, sear spring, firing pin spring.

Sear, hammer (the new style, they had both styles installed) and trigger are new with improved hole placement and interface points.

Frame slidestop pin hole is improved to help increase life of slidestop (tighter tolerances and such, sounds like voodoo to me)

probably more, but it's 2:30am and I have a cab at 4am for a ride to the airport. Hoping to get a good solid 8hrs sleep on the plane (thanks sleeping pills, in advance) as I've got less than that over the last 6 days.

Edited by slavex