Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for Woman who wanted to make GM in a year

Hi-Power Jack

You don't get GM for just a couple of great classifiers. Isn't an average of six.

any decent b class shooter could pick the right 6 classifiers, shoot them all 10 times, and pick 6 gm scores up.

Guess I'm NOT a "decent B class shooter". :sick:

I've NEVER shot any stage at a GM level - an "A", at most. :cheers:

I rarely practice classifiers but I have run El Pres in practice before. I was able to luck a couple of 100% runs after a few runs trying to hero or zero it.

I shoot with a couple GMs and I was under the impression above a class, most classifiers are shot hero or zero, but it is the consistency that gets you up to the GM level.

There is a GM who occasionally shot at my club who never, in the time I've known him, has come close to shooting at the level of his classification. It was speculated and he admitted to grandbagging to GM.

But I should hope that anybody who is willing to trash a specific person's reputation here by making a bald statement about how he or she cherry picked classifier scores is not just repeating hearsay, but has first hand evidence. Otherwise, IMHO, you should keep the speculation to yourself.

Sets goal to become GM: given props for that. Becomes GM:gets shit on. Interesting.

I don't think she is being shit on, I hope not, I like her.
And I don't think she is the one op even thought of?

you all need to switch to Steel Challenge ... you classification is your score on the stages at sanctioned matches ... there is no sand bagging. Whatever score you shoot for a stage at a match , that's your classification, period. Now having said that, what's wrong with shooting a classifier 500 times at a match until you get the score you like?

Think of all the money going to USPSA to better the sport ...

Think of all the brass on the ground for people to pickup so they can reload on the cheap ....

Think of all the ammo that will have to be bought to replace the rounds that have just been shot & help pay the salaries of all the hard working employees at your favorite shooting companies out there ...

Think of all the gun cleaning supplies that will have to be replenished after thoroughly cleaning the firearm after so many rounds being fired ....

A little excess once in a while breeds chaos which ultimately results in realignment of the universe to the benefit of all mankind .... it's the circle of life ....

Edited by Nimitz

You don't get GM for just a couple of great classifiers. Isn't an average of six.

and you can reshoot all 6 over and over if you want. pretty much any decent b class shooter could pick the right 6 classifiers, shoot them all 10 times, and pick 6 gm scores up.

I need to try that -

Think of all the ammo that will have to be bought to replace the rounds that have just been shot & help pay the salaries of all the hard working employees at your favorite shooting companies out there ...

Think of all the gun cleaning supplies that will have to be replenished after thoroughly cleaning the firearm after so many rounds being fired ....

Yes we should all do some grandbagging to help the economy :roflol:

ETA, sorry Youngeyes, didn't see your reply first :blush:

Edited by Southpaw

Why are you looking for her?

WOW!!!

I can't believe how far off course this has gone.

I'm not actually "looking for her", I'm wondering how she made out in her

quest for GM.

There were hundreds of postings about her quest a year or two ago, and then

they all disappeared. No news.

Just wondering if that particular woman (I don't remember her name) ever

made it to GM or if she's still shooting. What kind of experience did she have,

and would she try it again.

Just wondering - not trying to disparage ANY GM's.

No body remembers all those posts for about 6 months???

any decent b class shooter could pick the right 6 classifiers, shoot them all 10 times, and pick 6 gm scores up.

Guess I'm NOT a "decent B class shooter". :sick:

I've NEVER shot any stage at a GM level - an "A", at most. :cheers:

you're just not trying. if you shoot the same classifier 10-20 times and push a little bit, I'd bet money you could luck into som 95%+ runs.

and you can reshoot all 6 over and over if you want. pretty much any decent b class shooter could pick the right 6 classifiers, shoot them all 10 times, and pick 6 gm scores up.

I need to try that -

don't be surprised if your clubmates and interwebz acquaintances mock you relentlessly for it.