Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which powder to replace N320

actionshooter

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once you tried e3 for 40sw, you would demote N320 to second place. e3 is easier to find than N320, but still not common. You will love the price. $118 for an 8lb jug. That's enough for 15,555 175PF loads. Also, unlike N320, it has no temperature sensitivity.

Went to WST 4 years ago and haven't looked back

Never a problem at the chrono

I load to 171 power factor at home

Several guys I know use the same power and travel more than I do and they have never had a problem either when loaded to 171/ 172 at home

It's softer than TG (which I also like) and cooler

Where do you get loading data for e3. I checked alliance wed site , it is only listed for shotgun?

There is no published load data for pistols. If you look around here and use the search function a little you will find plenty of load data to reference.

Once you tried e3 for 40sw, you would demote N320 to second place. e3 is easier to find than N320, but still not common. You will love the price. $118 for an 8lb jug. That's enough for 15,555 175PF loads. Also, unlike N320, it has no temperature sensitivity.

I am running Promo, which is (according to Alliant) the "same" as e3/Red Dot to a certain extent. Very cheap, and works for me

4.6grs-4.7grs gets me 169pf, I've seen others here on the forum load to 5.0grs to get 170+pf

all with a 180gr Xtreme plated bullet btw,

I used WST prior to 320 and switched to 320 because everybody talked about how great it was. Honestly i dont feel THAT much of a difference, if at all for my 40 loads

I still have some N320 left that I only bring out on special occasions.

I switched all my customer ammo From N320 to:

Explosia D032 ( http://www.explosia.cz/en/streliviny/download/reloading_EN.pdf )

Took some playing around to get it where I wanted for each load, but it is Great stuff and nearly as clean

If you have an FFL its very inexpensive by the 25lb box

I'm going to get flamed for this but..............when N320 was few and far between I went to Bullseye. 4.6gr under 180gr BBFN at 1.195 gives me a PF of 169 with a single digit SD. I know I know Bullseye is so old it's not cool. But it shot well, it shot soft, was economical. and it a high pressure 40 it wasn't that dirty. Plus it burns cooler than Titegroup. I will always keep 4 to 8 pounds on hand as a back up. It works well in both 40 & 9mm when shooting for PF.