Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI DVC Open and Limited guns

Quack

I see the 'newer' style STI triggers are integrated and you are not able to switch the front piece out like the older ones. Is there a way to get a different style trigger? I like the flat trigger - thx

I don't STI ever had swappable inserts (though I may be wrong there). That's a feature on SVI triggers.

As noted you can get an STI blank and shape accordingly or you can fit an SVI trigger to an STI frame if you want the option to swap inserts at will.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a little bit of testing I'm liking the apeiro more. I think the DVC looks better though. They are neck in neck in performance.

a93715d4048ae67fe7790b9254fb7507.jpg

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I disagree! The Apeiro is much better looking!

To efficiently run the compensator, you will want a lot of slow burning powder to create the pressure/gasses. Most factory 9 or super ammo uses fast powder & lighter loads than what major PF calls for. Hence, why reloading ammo or buying major PF match loads from specialty ammo re manufactures is the norm.

Edited by 818-DVC

There was a DVC being used on my squad at Cowtown. It choked on every stage until it was bagged up and replaced with a backup gun. Some kind of feeding issue IIRC. Same mags and ammo in the shooter's backup gun ran 100%.

Edit: it was the Limited version

I wonder if they were using factory ammo? My .40 DVC didn't like factory stuff and would FTF sometimes with it. It seems to like longer OAL. Since loading my own at 1.18, it functions flawlessly. (The factory stuff I tried was just over 1.12).

Agree my STI Thoroughbred and SVI all like longer OAL and jam with factory loads. Not sure of the OAL right now but I know the longer ones jam in my XDM Compact. Touch the mag wall and snag!

SUPPOSEDLY they're shipping a few 38 super DVC Opens next week and I'm first on the list. Holdup seems to be the known barrel coating issue and if i heard STI correctly some frames were bead blasted twice by mistake which thinned them out too much. Frankly i'm pretty disenchanted after the onerous wait, but surely/hopefully once i get it, the wait will be long forgotten when the fun factor kicks in.

SUPPOSEDLY they're shipping a few 38 super DVC Opens next week and I'm first on the list. Holdup seems to be the known barrel coating issue and if i heard STI correctly some frames were bead blasted twice by mistake which thinned them out too much. Frankly i'm pretty disenchanted after the onerous wait, but surely/hopefully once i get it, the wait will be long forgotten when the fun factor kicks in.

I can't wait to hear what you think. early this year when they were announced I was dead set on buying a DVC open in 38 super. After all the delays etc I gave up and looked at a CK arms open and a local smith. In the end I went with the local smith. Price was a little higher but for that I get a custom built gun with the features I want, including things like a real 2lb trigger (not the STI was 2lb, now 2.5lb), pinned grip safety etc. and best of all I know I'll be shooting it this year. That doesn't seem likely with a DVC (i'm not in the US, so a secondary export market). It seems like they came close to the mark on these but perhaps over reached a little or just underestimated demand? I think their open line was way overdue for a face lift. They had been doing the same basic open guns for years. So the update is welcome. Hopefully it will spawn a few more updates to other models. like perhaps a new steel gun?

They have shipped some, I handled one two weeks ago.

There was a DVC being used on my squad at Cowtown. It choked on every stage until it was bagged up and replaced with a backup gun. Some kind of feeding issue IIRC. Same mags and ammo in the shooter's backup gun ran 100%.

Edit: it was the Limited version

I wonder if they were using factory ammo? My .40 DVC didn't like factory stuff and would FTF sometimes with it. It seems to like longer OAL. Since loading my own at 1.18, it functions flawlessly. (The factory stuff I tried was just over 1.12).

Agree my STI Thoroughbred and SVI all like longer OAL and jam with factory loads. Not sure of the OAL right now but I know the longer ones jam in my XDM Compact. Touch the mag wall and snag!

My rounds are all in the 1.160 range.

Just caught up on many months of this thread... For the life of me I cannot understand the hype of these.. I think you would be much better off getting a CK Arms blaster, many of which are stocked at Shooter's Connection and Speed Shooter's International. For just a little more money, it is a completely gunsmith fit "pre-canned" custom quality build.

I picked up a CK Thunder series limited in .40 directly from CK in 2014, and it is a really nice pistol with a 2 lb trigger.

Well, I cant speak for everyone but the reason I went for a DVC Ltd was that for $US300 over a standard Edge here in Australia I got chrome, TiNi barrel , comp grip, trigger job, slide lightening, Dawson tool less guide rod and fibre optic front sight. And still $300 cheaper than an Apeiro. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Now if I could just get STI to deliver on my February order I'd be a happy camper!!

Anyone have an idea of the current lead times if you place an order today for a DVC limited? I ordered one through my LGS and they weren't able to tell me much

I ordered one about 6 weeks ago, was told to expect sometime in November (if lucky)

DVC is 9mm are 9x19. The limited gun will probably run in the 9mm off the shelf. But the DVC 9mm open guns are geared to run 9mm "major" which is a higher pressure 9mm load. That being said many open 9mm guns don't run well with factory off the shelf 9mm ammo unless you change out springs and such for them to do that. So if you are looking at an open gun in 9mm reloading, careful reloading, is your best alternative.

Thanks for confirming. Yes definitely thinking 9mm for steel and not open. I have a couple of 40's.

So I think what home boy is saying is that if you want to run factory ammo in your new DVC open at minor PF for steel you may be colossally disappointed. STI makes a real nice steel master for you though!

Thanks for confirming. Yes definitely thinking 9mm for steel and not open. I have a couple of 40's.

So I think what home boy is saying is that if you want to run factory ammo in your new DVC open at minor PF for steel you may be colossally disappointed. STI makes a real nice steel master for you though!

I've got to imagine with a light hammer spring and 8-9 lb recoil spring they'll probably run factory ammo OK, but I've been wrong before.