Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI DVC Open and Limited guns

Quack

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update:

Cleaned and lubed the gun, and yesterday Ran 350 rounds (around 600 total now I think) through it 150 factory of 3 types Blazer/Fiocchi/PMC, 0 malfunctions from the factory rounds (those are the ones I fired first), out of the 150 of my reloaded ammo I had one FTE (barely) and 0 FTF. Used both the MBX and factory mags(one note the mag that had a ton of problems had a good amount of sand in it not sure how I managed that). I will say my longer reloaded ammo seemed more accurate (minus one flier) grouped ~1/2" at 30ft with 10 rounds, and more like 7/8" with factory but that just might be me who knows but I noticed the difference immediately after putting the reloads in. Slide seems much smother now, and I doubt there will be many issues with it from now on, I'll probably put 1000 more rounds through it between now and the match the following weekend to feel 100% confident.

Also fixed the holster issue with my heat gun, works great now and is adjustable from rattle around in the holster to enough friction that it pulls the belt up and everywhere in between. Now I gotta find the smaller inserts for my mag holders so my mags will fit. I swear the modding belt stuff is never ending.

Great gun would buy it again even with the 4 month wait. only minor complaints I have are with the left side safety would fit me better if it were cut back further from the grip the web of my right hand rubs a bit on it and the trigger could use some very minor changes for me (less take-up, maybe .5 lighter, and slightly cleaner break although that may help provide less anticipation of the break so maybe not). These are really nit picking although I may have some work done on the safety, I'll probably leave the trigger alone.

Update:

Cleaned and lubed the gun, and yesterday Ran 350 rounds (around 600 total now I think) through it 150 factory of 3 types Blazer/Fiocchi/PMC, 0 malfunctions from the factory rounds (those are the ones I fired first), out of the 150 of my reloaded ammo I had one FTE (barely) and 0 FTF. Used both the MBX and factory mags(one note the mag that had a ton of problems had a good amount of sand in it not sure how I managed that). I will say my longer reloaded ammo seemed more accurate (minus one flier) grouped ~1/2" at 30ft with 10 rounds, and more like 7/8" with factory but that just might be me who knows but I noticed the difference immediately after putting the reloads in. Slide seems much smother now, and I doubt there will be many issues with it from now on, I'll probably put 1000 more rounds through it between now and the match the following weekend to feel 100% confident.

Also fixed the holster issue with my heat gun, works great now and is adjustable from rattle around in the holster to enough friction that it pulls the belt up and everywhere in between. Now I gotta find the smaller inserts for my mag holders so my mags will fit. I swear the modding belt stuff is never ending.

Great gun would buy it again even with the 4 month wait. only minor complaints I have are with the left side safety would fit me better if it were cut back further from the grip the web of my right hand rubs a bit on it and the trigger could use some very minor changes for me (less take-up, maybe .5 lighter, and slightly cleaner break although that may help provide less anticipation of the break so maybe not). These are really nit picking although I may have some work done on the safety, I'll probably leave the trigger alone.

I agree on the thumb safety. I am tempted to hit it with a file and contour it better.

After a little bit of testing I'm liking the apeiro more. I think the DVC looks better though. They are neck in neck in performance.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I think the DVC would have looked better if they changed the rear serrations to the "Sabertooth" pattern used on the Apeiro. That said, I still think the DVC looks very nice as is.

I've only put about 300 rounds through mine but so far it's run fine - no jams or hiccups of any kind. Only issue I did run into when running it at a local match was an RO having to do a double-take at the chamber at "Unload and show clear". When I opened the action the TiN coating on the barrel looked like a round was still in the chamber.

After a little bit of testing I'm liking the apeiro more. I think the DVC looks better though. They are neck in neck in performance.

a93715d4048ae67fe7790b9254fb7507.jpg

What do you like better about the Apeiro over the DVC?

It's a little bit easier to track the sights. The slide cycles faster and it shoots a bit flatter. I think the DVC transitions a little better. But really, it's pretty much awash. I could be happy with either one. They are both great!

It's a little bit easier to track the sights. The slide cycles faster and it shoots a bit flatter. I think the DVC transitions a little better. But really, it's pretty much awash. I could be happy with either one. They are both great!

Thanks for the info! My buddy has a new apeiro and was disheartened when I showed him pictures of the DVC. This will ease his mind a bit.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Brazos has a few .40 DVC Limited guns in stock right now.

http://www.brazoscustom.com/sti_guns/sti_dvcltd.htm

why are they building .40 dvc limited for the dealers to only have them in stock ? we are still waiting to hear when the dvc open guns will be sent? I've had mine on order from january and my dealer (importer) still to this date does not even have a shipping date

Edited by mickd1

Hey Mick,

Same boat and local here. So you've paid the layby in full then? !! <_<

They keep saying by late 2015 however by the look of it I'd say it may be even longer..

yes mate paid the lay-by in full,i send a email or call him once a month but still no joy,he did say that sti was coming over to australia in july to see him and he would have a shipping date but still no luck,oh well i think it will be worth the wait

I'm on the fence between a DVC and a Apeiro. Leaning towards Apeiro, I just hope I don't have any issues with the barrel and warrantying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have them both and it's just a nightmare deciding which to keep! lol I bought the Apeiro in Feb/March right after ordering a DVC and finding out it would be July before it came in. It was always my intention to keep one and sell the other. I'm terrible a making decisions like this!

Edited by 3djedi

I'm on the fence between a DVC and a Apeiro. Leaning towards Apeiro, I just hope I don't have any issues with the barrel and warrantying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have them both and it's just a nightmare deciding which to keep! lol I bought the Apeiro in Feb/March right after ordering a DVC and finding out it would be July before it came in. It was always my intention to keep one and sell the other. I'm terrible a making decisions like this!

Wow what a dilemma! If they're .40s I could probably settle for your leavings [emoji3]. Shoot me a pm if you want to sell one. I'm actively looking! Edited by TheSandMan491

I see the 'newer' style STI triggers are integrated and you are not able to switch the front piece out like the older ones. Is there a way to get a different style trigger? I like the flat trigger - thx