Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI DVC Open and Limited guns

Quack

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to play with one yesterday. Felt really nice, trigger was much better than a factory sti but not quite as nice as a good trigger job. Overall was pretty impressed with it. Now if they could only make them fast enough to keep up with demand!

Dawson Precision told me that they WON'T do any gunsmith work on the DVC pistols. I wonder why?

Probably because trying to fix stuff that wasn't done right to start with can be a real pain in the butt, and usually ends up being a lot more time and effort than it's worth. For example, someone posted photos of one with an incorrectly machined breechface, so it's putting deep ridges in the case rims. Kind of a chore to fix properly, and then what do you do about the finish? Even if you go through the hassle of rechroming the slide, it may not match exactly. Plus, who knows what else is wrong with it. Better to just send it back to STI and let them deal with it.

Dawson called today and told me my DVC is in. Should be here thursday or friday! I think I ordered around the beginning of March.

Because I am impatient I bought an sti apeiro around the end of March. lol I can't keep both. We'll see how they compare and keep the best one. The DVC wins for looks for sure!

Brazos said they would NOT offer any gunsmithing services on the DVC guns either. Bummer. I just want a Gunsite low mount thumb safety fitted and installed. Confounded by why neither Brazos or Dawson precision won't do the work.

Brazos said they would NOT offer any gunsmithing services on the DVC guns either. Bummer. I just want a Gunsite low mount thumb safety fitted and installed. Confounded by why neither Brazos or Dawson precision won't do the work.

I fit my own 2011 safety and I'm no gunsmith. It's pretty easy.

That's interesting in a bad way - there's a few things I'd like done on the one I have on order that I thought they probably would do. Whenever mine comes I'll ask them then (and hopefully get a different answer by the time they get down to where I'm at in line). Seems a strange stance to take by the big players.

Well its because the STI DVC is taking sales away from their lineup duh... If you want specific item, gotta buy our gun or if you buy DVC, you on your own.

Figured the same thing when Brazos upped the price on the DVC to full MSRP. They must be killing the CRP market and probably hurting Brazos too.

Ok the upside, I ordered mine with a 4 pack of mags from Brazos and they did setup the slide stop to not lock back.

I spoke with someone at Brazos and they said the DVC wasn't all that and the edge they offer is just as good. Do you agree? I am wanting to get a DVC but wanted to know if it is as good as I hear. Brazos did tell me that even if I buy it from them I have to send it back to STI for repairs.

Red Ryder let us know what you figure out on this. I have shorter fingers and am interested in this as an option.

Thank you much!!

I will have a local smith fit it, or do it myself. I fit one on my Trojan.

I spoke with someone at Brazos and they said the DVC wasn't all that and the edge they offer is just as good. Do you agree? I am wanting to get a DVC but wanted to know if it is as good as I hear. Brazos did tell me that even if I buy it from them I have to send it back to STI for repairs.

If I was gonna do it again, for the same money or less as a DVC I'd get an Apeiro in 40 (have one in 9). The slide lightening on the DVC is very slightly more than the Apeiro. So really all you get is a better out of the box trigger and the modified grip.

If I was gonna do it again, for the same money or less as a DVC I'd get an Apeiro in 40 (have one in 9). The slide lightening on the DVC is very slightly more than the Apeiro. So really all you get is a better out of the box trigger and the modified grip.

The hard chrome on the DVC is a plus, imo.

The hard chrome on the DVC is a plus, imo.

Eh - against the Apeiro I think it's more of a draw. Apeiro had a stainless slide and cerakote frame. Also, sight tracker and better barrel.

Well I have the dvc and apeiro now. So it will be interesting comparing the two. They both will be pretty much stock. Although I have a Dawson tooless guiderod and 11lb recoil spring on the apeiro.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Do with the apeiro did you do any trigger work or is it fine stock!

I did a little work on my Apeiro - just tweaked the sear spring and it was great. Also did a tool-less guide rod. Probably will pick up the DVC style grip as I am a big fan.