Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI DVC Open and Limited guns

Quack

I just got the call from, Ingi at Brazos!

My 9major Open DVC will ship tomorrow, I should have by Thursday.

Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing it Sunday at WVPPS.

I will bring it for sure, but I have a good bit of "prep" to do before I start shooting matches with it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i found a couple from a dealer so i have both a 9mm and the 40.. I should receive them tomorrow. I am a little worried about the mags though. The 40 does appear to have the 140 but the 9mm looks like is has the 126's which will be a disappointment for sure. They were advertised as having 140's on both guns. I guess we will see tomorrow.

IMG_2658_zpsmkp4ocvc.jpg

IMG_1927_zps4yvcllmf.jpg

IMG_9641_zpsnte8tgkv.jpg

So which mags did you end up getting after all?

For those who have received/shot their DVCs, how do you like the more aggressive grip? Is it chewing you up, not enough or just right?

Mine is perfect. I have skateboard tape on my duty gun, and use Dawson grip tape on my Glock 35 limited gun. The DVC grip is the best out of all of them...not too aggressive and not too wimpy.

For those who have received/shot their DVCs, how do you like the more aggressive grip? Is it chewing you up, not enough or just right?

Mine is perfect. I have skateboard tape on my duty gun, and use Dawson grip tape on my Glock 35 limited gun. The DVC grip is the best out of all of them...not too aggressive and not too wimpy.

+1. I love the grip on mine too. I too have used skateboard style tape on previous guns. I was a little nervous that the DVC grip might be too aggressive for me, but it is just right so far. I've handled a lot of stippled grips and many were too aggressive for my tastes, but the style of stippling on the DVC is grippy without being uncomfortable.

Trigger pull measured 2lbs. 14ozs. on three consecutive pulls for my 9mm Open DVC.

Gun hates factory 9mm ammo! lol Lots of FTE's.

I ran two different handloads thru the gun, both ran flawlessly, but the load that is 177pf seems to work the comp the best.

I think I may try some different weight recoil springs to see how they feel, and then zero the cmore.

Then practice learning how to find the damn dot, this is my first Open gun. :surprise:

Ran 400 rounds PMC and Win. White box in my 9 Limited to see if I could get it to jam. It didn't once. I was amazed. I even used 4 different STI mags that have not been touched tuning-wise. I'm a little afraid to put the TTI extensions on them because it works so well as is.

STI website says that all their compensated guns, accept for the Steelmaster, use a 8lb recoil spring.

I am finding that hard to believe, seems to me at least be a 10-12lb. My gunsmith also thought it seemed heavy, but we were to busy BS'n to pull the spring out and actually check it.

Maybe the gun just needs broke in more.

(Can you tell this is my first open gun.)

Has anyone else had issues with the slide not locking back when empty on these? Not sure if that's intentional or not, but when I use the stock mags the slide lock doesn't engage when the gun runs dry. The slide does stay open but it's because it snags on the follower on closing (which keeps the mag from ejecting without pulling back on the slide first to take off the pressure).

The two Brazos tuned mags that I have that don't lock open the slide don't do this. I'm ordering some Grams followers for the two stock mags that I plan on modifying to not lock open the slide anyways, but it just seemed puzzling that the gun would do this right out of the box.

Edited by MGMorden