Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI DVC Open and Limited guns

Quack

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atlas gun works has one for sale and the webpage selling it says 3.5lb trigger.

http://atlasgunworks...ck Limited.html

What happened were these not supposed to have a 2# then a 2.5# trigger. are they getting sloppy trying to get them out to meet demand? can anyone who has recently gotten one measure theirs and see what it is at

What happened were these not supposed to have a 2# then a 2.5# trigger. are they getting sloppy trying to get them out to meet demand? can anyone who has recently gotten one measure theirs and see what it is at

2.5 lb on a DVC 9 open.

The attorneys possibly got involved???? 2.5 in open, no one would use an open gun for carry.. Just guessing..

Just getting in on this thread. I have a new Glock 34 gen 4 for IDPA. Will the 9mm DVC Limited work for Stock IDPA or without the red dot sight?

Last month I shot my Glock 34 at a steel target in California at 35 yards and missed a couple times. I picked up a DVC limited 45. Never seen the gun and don't shoot 45's or 1911's or 2011's.

Missed first shot but did not miss any other targets at 35 or closer. Could not believe how good this gun really was and after shooting it I want one but in a 9.

Just over 2 pound trigger and it was awesome!

Anyone know how much the 9mm is and does it take 3 to 6 months to get one like a dealer told me?

No more Glocks for me.

No DVC in 45.

Won't be legal in IDPA

If the gun was in California, they were either visiting or had an illegal gun, as the Single Shot Exemption work around ended at the start I the year.

A DVC Limited is $2799 MSRP

Edited by Quack

I just bought a DVC 9mm off gunbroker for what I think is a good deal based on what I have seen them going for lately. Someone has one listed now for a "Buy Now" price of $4500 and a starting bid of $3500. I got mine for WAY less.

Also I read above where there were some reliability issues...just shoot day one a 3 gun comp in West Virginia with a pro who shoots one and he stated he has 4500 rounds through his and has NOT cleaned it at all. He has had 4 malfunctions out of 4500 and he stated that was due to ammo, not the gun. He let me look at and dry fire it. Sweet trigger and he hasn't cleaned it. Lol. Can't wait to get mine, should be here Thursday.

Got a call from Brazos yesterday.. my new DVC 9mm open pistol is finally in... they will ship it out Monday.. I should have it by wed Aug 3.. :surprise:

Please make sure to share your thoughts after running a few hundred rounds through it. I'm anxious to here real life experiences with the open model.

There is a DVC 9mm on gunbroker for $2599 Buy Now. Probably won't last long.

If its the same one I'm thinking of, its been there for a while. If its not the same one, then there are others that have been $2599

Decided to try my hand at an limited class pistol, in part, because of this thread. Now that I'm looking, would you guys recommend a DVC limited or a high performance Edge from Brazos?

Edited by Thaunk

My son just got a .40 DVC, after shooting it and comparing the specs i don't see where the Aperio is a better value.

I am new to 2011s so maybe I am missing something.

Apeiro = $200 less expensive, Schuemann AET barrel, Sight Tracker, stainless steel slide = better, better, better and better

DVC = gold barrel = bling

This is funny to read all this. Seems the discussions are driven by emotion and not facts and data. So let me try to be unbiased. For the record I have never even had an Apeiro in my hand and I just got my DVC less than 6 hours ago. The Apeiro might be $200 or so less but look at the extras the DVC has that would cost quite a bit to duplicate on the Apeiro such as: double undercut trigger guard, slide cuts (performance improving depending on who you ask), agressive grip stippling, toolless guiderod (Apeiro might have this as well),barrel (not just for bling but supposedly is abrasive resistant with extra lubricity properties), etc. This is just a few items that would be extra cost if you had it done to the Apeiro. Now for the negative of the DVC. The slide doesn't seem as smooth as all custom pistol I have, I don't think it is a true 2 lb. trigger (more like 2.5+ but I don't have guage), and that's about all the negative. The dust cover has some recess cuts that can actually be used as a place to put your thumb to gain better recoil control. I put approx 60 rounds through the DVC so far and it is dead on accurate. Love it so far but I will say you are probably better off putting your money into a true custom pistol built by a reputable gunsmith. Please remember all this is simply MHO. I will keep everyone updated. I have a 3 gun comp this weekend and will run the DVC so it should be put ton the test. Great conversation though, pretty cool.

When you say a custom pistol built by a reputable gunsmith. Would the HP Edge from Brazos count?

I only ask because I recently saw the DVC and thought it was a dream to hold. I don't have any experience with 2011 but seeing the DVC got my curiosity and thinking of possibly trying Limited. I am trying to guage where the DVC fit in with the HP Edge from Brazos as the only other 2011 I have held.

When you say a custom pistol built by a reputable gunsmith. Would the HP Edge from Brazos count?

I only ask because I recently saw the DVC and thought it was a dream to hold. I don't have any experience with 2011 but seeing the DVC got my curiosity and thinking of possibly trying Limited. I am trying to guage where the DVC fit in with the HP Edge from Brazos as the only other 2011 I have held.

No, I own one of those and having held both of what you ask about, the DVC is mo betta.