Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite Lube

ES13Raven

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just started using Lucas Oil's Extreme Duty oil on my pistols. So far I am very happy with it.

It has very good wetting properties in that it coats the exterior of my Accu-Shadow barrels uniformly. It's viscosity appears to be stable across a wide temperature range, and it doesn't bleed or run off the surfaces like some of the other lubes I've tried. I typically use TWB-25 or Lubriplate white grease on the rails.

I like the fact that this oil doesn't get all over your glasses after firing if you use it on the slide/frame rails of M&Ps or Glocks.

I just started using Lucas Oil's Extreme Duty oil on my pistols. So far I am very happy with it.

It has very good wetting properties in that it coats the exterior of my Accu-Shadow barrels uniformly. It's viscosity appears to be stable across a wide temperature range, and it doesn't bleed or run off the surfaces like some of the other lubes I've tried. I typically use TWB-25 or Lubriplate white grease on the rails.

I like the fact that this oil doesn't get all over your glasses after firing if you use it on the slide/frame rails of M&Ps or Glocks.

Apparently Randy Lee has! He knows a thing or 2 about guns. :bow:

I am new to CZ and have a question about lubes. What is the benefit of using slide glide compared to just oil (weapon shield) on the slide? Does it actually reduce wear on the gun?

My CZ's run on Mobil1, any mechanical parts will wear out, shoot and have fun, they like it wet.

I am new to CZ and have a question about lubes. What is the benefit of using slide glide compared to just oil (weapon shield) on the slide? Does it actually reduce wear on the gun?

I wouldn't say it reduces any wear really. it's thicker than oil so does seem to stay where you put it a bit better. the slide does seem to function a bit smoother but that's a subjective observation at best and possibly a placebo effect. I will say it's easy to apply, The gun runs nicely and one tub lasts a long long time. If nothing else it gives a few bucks back to Brian Enos for all his input and help to us all. :)

I've used chainsaw oil, white lithium grease, Slide Glide, Slip 2000, Machine Gunner's Lube, and who knows what else. I don't think it makes one bit of difference on a pistol, they just don't get hot enough for it to matter. Just add a bit more before each range trip. Not that it's mattered when I've forgotten. It's been about 3k rounds since I've cleaned my SP01 Shadow and about 1k since I've lubed it, but it still ran fine this past weekend.

Edited by Andreas

whatver is around and handy. remoil, weaponshield, motoroil, white lithium grease, tri flow. i used compressed air, a brush and solvent for cleaning. then apply whatever lube is within arm's reach on the bench. do this once a week. shoot about 1k rounds a week.

pretty much never use the grease anymore. noticed no benefit and only noticed how it attracted grunge, no matter how little or smoothly i applied it.

• 2 weeks later...

Been using 5w-30 Mobil 1. Switching to 0W-40 because two cars use this. It is 25.00 for 5 quarts.

Clean every trip to the range. Even if only 50 rounds.

Spend more time cleaning than shooting. Much cheaper.

• 4 weeks later...