Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite Lube

ES13Raven

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rand CLP work great for me. Had some issues with Frog Lube in cold weather but liked it when the temps were warm. Rand stays slick in all weather, no smell and cleaning is a breeze. Their new Bore & Bolt cleans well also. Really good for AR's

Which slide glide are you guys using? And in what weather conditions?

I'm using the medium (red) slide glide. This viscosity is for 60+ degrees. On cold days, I wipe a little off and add little Mobile 1 oil. I'm on the the Gulf Coast where heat is the norm and cold is rare.

Slide glide light or medium on the rails and barrel lugs and barrel bush. Oil (either kleenbore formula 3 or mpro 7) on sear, hammer, trigger bar, trigger spring and it runs very nicely. Same goes on my shadow, shadow 2012/orange, my stock 2 and my Eric gold custom/gold team open gun.

Edited by BeerBaron

I'm on the fence about lubes. Was a CLP guy. Then started using FrogLube. Love it for the anti corrosion properties. I found that when I returned to a gun I hadn't shot in several months that the FrogLube was gummy. I'd do the heat and treat and then brush on a very small amount. Never had any failures with it. I've switched to Mobil1 recently for lube but still like to heat and treat with FrogLube and then wipe it all off to help prevent rust and corrosion.