Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite Lube

ES13Raven

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MPro 7 gun oil LPX. Grease is okay for guns with a loose frame and slide fit. For tighter guns, grease tends to be driven out of the rails and finds it's way into the mags. These are the recommendations from a very well respected gunsmith.

• 2 weeks later...

I use frog lube to heat & treat new guns (and every once in a while). I also use frog lube to clean the guns up after shooting them. I use CGW's Moly grease on the slide rails, barrel lug, and the end of the barrel where it goes through the barrel bushing - makes it feel like its on well lubed ball bearings. Just a touch of the grease though. I use FP-10 on the sear cage items and let frog lube take care of the rest.

Any oil or grease with Moly is great to prevent wear and tear. The moly coats both mating surfaces and the parts glide on a film of Moly rather than metal-to-metal. Found this out from a metallurgist at work.

Mobil one. Great for hi revving cars and guns!

2 ounces left over from your oil change, stick it in an applicator bottle and it'll last for years.

My technique also. Works perfectly and has great metal protection. Put Mobil One in the wife's Sequoia and it does not beat and bang on cold start since switching.

I've mixed up some Liqui-Moly and FP-10 (50/50) in a little 1/2 oz bottle with a needle applicator. Gonna use it on the sear cage items the next time I clean a gun.

I put some CGW Moly grease on the sear the last time and it seems to have improved the SA pull some (smoother).

Edited by rhart123