Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

Now out of stock at Grabagun and price back to $996. Up from the $966 they were selling for.

At least mine is on the way!

:goof:

Now for some extended choke tubes!

Mick

Just a heads up, I got an e-mail from Grabagun.com that the 24" is back in stock. Who knows how long, but thought I would pass it along.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this gun's still relatively new, but some of you are running a lot more rounds than I through my 3 gun shotgun.

Do we have any out there in the thousands of rounds for some start of an idea on longer term durability/reliability?

I've got a few friends asking for advice now and then, and while I'm probably not looking to replace my JM Pro any time soon (some may not like it, but mine's been close to flawless to date), the 1301 is really looking like the bang for buck one to beat at the moment.. ?

No replies so I'll take a stab at this. I am relatively new to shotguns and this 1301 is my first NICE shotgun (I have a 1975 1100 that eats anything), so take this as a grain of salt.

I have put about 300 rounds through mine and it has been very reliable. Added a little CLP to the bolt and sliding rails and knocked out the heavy chunks of carbon from the receiver. 0 malfunctions.

It is my understanding this shotgun is based off of the A400 design that has a great reputation. Which is why I took a chance on this model, because it is not a brand new design where the first customers are guinea pigs.

I know this gun's still relatively new, but some of you are running a lot more rounds than I through my 3 gun shotgun.

Do we have any out there in the thousands of rounds for some start of an idea on longer term durability/reliability?

I've got a few friends asking for advice now and then, and while I'm probably not looking to replace my JM Pro any time soon (some may not like it, but mine's been close to flawless to date), the 1301 is really looking like the bang for buck one to beat at the moment.. ?

If a mag tube extension is added, are there 922r compliance issues? Please explain why or why not. I read the rule, but can't say that I understand it.

for what its worth, they come with the mag tube ext installed

Edited by RWF

If a mag tube extension is added, are there 922r compliance issues? Please explain why or why not. I read the rule, but can't say that I understand it.

for what its worth, they come with the mag tube ext installed

The ones I've seen in stores haven't had extended tubes installed. They are 5+1. So if I add a +5 extension, would I be in compliance with 922r?

922r addresses building guns from parts. Not buying an imported weapon and modifying it to your purpose.

GCA, 18 U.S.C. § 922®, specifically states the following:

It shall be unlawful for any person to assemble from imported parts any semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun which is identical to any rifle or shotgun prohibited from importation under the…[GCA]…Section 925(d)(3).as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes ….

Edited by pmt

PMT,

Thanks for the follow up.

I Googled 922R after I posted my query... should have done that first.

Pat

I just quoted myself from another thread. This question comes up occasionally. People build AR's everyday without giving it a thought, but when adding a tube to a shotgun people wonder about 922R - I don't get it.

922R does not apply to US made long guns. Only imported ones.

That means that an imported long gun must have enough US made parts added/replaced to be considered "US made" to not be in violation of 922R...

Mick

PMT,

Pat

I just quoted myself from another thread. This question comes up occasionally. People build AR's everyday without giving it a thought, but when adding a tube to a shotgun people wonder about 922R - I don't get it.

PMT,

Pat

PMT,

Pat

Building an AR and adding a tube extension to an imported shotgun which already has a 5 round tube are two very different animals. The more I have read on the subject, the more I disagree with your interpretation. I do appreciate your posts though.

When I read all of this talk about assembling foreign parts into a gun, vs buying and modifying a legally imported firearm I am left confused. I did ask the folks at Nordic Components if installing one of their excellent mag tube extensions on my imported shotgun is a violation and they were underwhelmed.

When I read all of this talk about assembling foreign parts into a gun, vs buying and modifying a legally imported firearm I am left confused. I did ask the folks at Nordic Components if installing one of their excellent mag tube extensions on my imported shotgun is a violation and they were underwhelmed.

Did the Nordic Components folks have any documentation or an interpretation from the ATF saying that the shotgun doesn't have more than 10 foreign made parts from the ATF parts list and can therefore be assembled into a "non-sporting" configuration by the addition of their mag tube extension?

My understanding is that Beretta has sold a perfectly legal imported shotgun suitable for sporting purposes. Nordic Components has sold a perfectly legal mag tube extension. That is where their liability ends. If I assemble those parts and the total capacity of the magazine is now greater than 5, then I have I have made it into a "shotgun prohibited from importation under section 925 (d)(3) of this chapter as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes." If the assembled shotgun has 10 or fewer foreign made parts as defined by the ATF, then I'm good to go. If it has more than 10, then I must replace some of those parts with American made parts in order to bring the foreign made part count down to 10 and make the shotgun compliant with 922r.

I'm going to ask the ATF about this particular shotgun. If someone else already has a letter from the ATF about this shotgun, then I would be interested in seeing it.

Of course this argument has been never ending, but is not the pursuit of 3-gun greatness a "sporting purpose"?

For any ATFE agents monitoring this thread, I screwed a Nordic Components mag extension on to my Beretta 1301 so I can shoot in sporting competitions. Please PM for my address if you wish to arrest me. Thanks.

Of course this argument has been never ending, but is not the pursuit of 3-gun greatness a "sporting purpose"?

For any ATFE agents monitoring this thread, I screwed a Nordic Components mag extension on to my Beretta 1301 so I can shoot in sporting competitions. Please PM for my address if you wish to arrest me. Thanks.

+1 for mine also..

Way too much worrying going on!

Practical shooting (3-gun, USPSA, IDPA, etc.) competitions are not considered a "sporting purpose" by ATF.