Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
JediTodd

Beretta 1301 Comp

On 9/4/2018 at 11:24 PM, MoonJeong said:

Hi is this confirmed? About to order a barrel! Assuming the a400 ! Not sure if extrema! Will work

Let us know how this goes with A400 barrel

I also want to hear about the a400 barrel.  I'm itching to get one for duck season!

Edited by jrizzo

Does anyone know what sort of trigger work can be done to the 1301? I'd like to tinker with mine a little, but I'm not really sure where to start.

Briley MFG is the only one that i know of 

are you having problems ?

Just had to replace the hammer struts in mine real EZ to do.

( gun has over 10k on it first and only issue i've had)

On 1/18/2019 at 6:36 PM, clw42 said:

Does anyone know what sort of trigger work can be done to the 1301? I'd like to tinker with mine a little, but I'm not really sure where to start.

One easy thing to do yourself is To add an over travel adjustment. You can carefully drill a hole in the rear of the trigger guard and thread in a set screw. 

58 minutes ago, AHI said:

Briley MFG is the only one that i know of 

are you having problems ?

No problems at all.  Just looking to make it better.

40 minutes ago, Blockader said:

One easy thing to do yourself is To add an over travel adjustment. You can carefully drill a hole in the rear of the trigger guard and thread in a set screw. 

Cool, thanks.  Didn't think of that.

1 hour ago, clw42 said:

Cool, thanks.  Didn't think of that.

And if you're worried about permanently modifying the gun, you can just superglue a piece of black pencil eraser that will take out most of the over travel onto the back of the trigger guard.

2 hours ago, Blockader said:

And if you're worried about permanently modifying the gun, you can just superglue a piece of black pencil eraser that will take out most of the over travel onto the back of the trigger guard.

Very cool.  Thanks!

Anyone know if anyone makes a taller front sight (F.O. preferred) for a 1301 Comp? I had a rear sight installed on the rib and it’s hitting high with the Hi-viz front I’ve got on there...

what is the proper sight picture for comp model, mid bead suppose to cover front fiber optic sight?

Edited by skang

7 hours ago, skang said:

what is the proper sight picture for comp model, mid bead suppose to cover front fiber optic sight?

My mid bead covers the bottom third of the front fiber & is good out to 100.

If the target is small or I'm unsure about the distance I hold that sight picture on the bottom edge of the target

Beretta 1301- 24 inch is the best one since it is gas operated. I had an xcess v sight put in the rear of the rib for shooting slugs, added a kick off stock from an A400 model, enlarged the loading port as much as possible w/o disturbing the serial number, installed a light mod choke tube (shoots slugs accurately),  added a Nordic components mag extention tube (length is your choice), and added a high viz competition fiber optic sight. Gun works great and cycles very fast. Very competitive gun in 3 gun matches.

Edited by verla
additional infro