Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe its because I bought it in California. The black plug on top of magazine tube is stopped by the rectangular piece. Anyone know what to do from here?

Yeah, use a screwdriver or something to push the rectangular piece inside the tube and push/pull the plug out.

I got mine from Gene Sears shooting supplies in Oklahoma. They still show 4 24" models in stock.

Is it just me or is their website completely non-functional? I can't even get the catalog or contact link to open, all the other links take me to the dealer log in page.

I had the same problem. I'm fairly certain it is a wholesale site as it asked me for my dealer info. Took my $$$ elsewhere.

Pat

LM what is that is it like IM ? never mind I found out what LM means,

Thanks,Keith

Light modified is 2 steps back from an improved modified. LM is a .015" constriction while IM is .025 constriction. If you have a barrel that measures .740" (this is a hypothetical diameter as I don't know what the 1301 barrel diameter is) and put in a LM choke, the exit diameter of the choke tube will be .725". With an IM exit diameter will be .715". Keep in mind that the exit diameters may vary a bit so you get what you pay for.

Pat

Pat, do you have a good reference link on how all this math works? I'm relatively new to shotgunning and would love to learn the technical aspect of it! Thank you.

LM what is that is it like IM ? never mind I found out what LM means,

Thanks,Keith

Light modified is 2 steps back from an improved modified. LM is a .015" constriction while IM is .025 constriction. If you have a barrel that measures .740" (this is a hypothetical diameter as I don't know what the 1301 barrel diameter is) and put in a LM choke, the exit diameter of the choke tube will be .725". With an IM exit diameter will be .715". Keep in mind that the exit diameters may vary a bit so you get what you pay for.

Pat

Pat, do you have a good reference link on how all this math works? I'm relatively new to shotgunning and would love to learn the technical aspect of it! Thank you.

Here ya go.

http://www.briley.com/understandingshotgunchokesabriefexplanationbybriley.aspx

Keep in mind that different manufactures barrels have different diameters and thus have to have chokes made for the particular barrel. Also, different companies use different thread size for their barrels. You can't mix and match.

Pat

Thank you very much sir.

Here ya go.

http://www.briley.com/understandingshotgunchokesabriefexplanationbybriley.aspx

Keep in mind that different manufactures barrels have different diameters and thus have to have chokes made for the particular barrel. Also, different companies use different thread size for their barrels. You can't mix and match.

Pat

Pat, do you have a good reference link on how all this math works? I'm relatively new to shotgunning and would love to learn the technical aspect of it!

Here's a great read that our good friend Patrick Kelley did the heavy lifting.

http://www.multigunmedia.com/3gn-choke-and-loads.pdf

Edited by kampr