Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

I just installed a Nordic +5 extender on my daughters beretta 21inch 1301. I cut the spring at 16 inches as the instructions said.

Just wondering if I should have cut to 12 inches or will she even notice the difference when loading?

I've been practicing reloads on a buddies 1301. His Nordic spring is 9" past the +5 extension and I find even that is too stiff. No issues with last shell kick out at all at 9". If it were my gun I'd continue to trim and tune it more but at this point I'm really chasing 10ths of a second on my reloads. My SLP with a 10rd tube has the spring about 8" past the tube and with about 2000rds of use hasn't had a single feed issue. I'm wondering if Nordic changed the material used on springs since the last recommendation of 12-16"?

Edited by mngunguy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember springs take a set. You don't want your new spring on the bleeding edge of reliability unless you feel like replacing it soon. I just tossed a +1 Roulette Tactical cap on which makes my last two in easy enough.

I happened across one of the 21" models today. Man I fell in love, the LOP is perfect for me and no cutting required.

I like the sharper checkering on the stock too, some people might think its too much though. It seams to be a very well

built Shotgun right out of the box. The only thing I need to decide is if I want to sell my VM for one of these.

I suggest loading both side by side. I was leaning toward the 1301 when I bought my VM. Then I loaded both side by side and the VM was much smoother for me. YMMV. I am not knocking the 1301, it is a fine SG and I love the LOP too.

Well, my 1301 has finally shipped. Hopefully I will be able to take it out early next week.

Should I take it apart and lube it? or run it as is?

If I should clean and lube it, I assume that the design is very similar to the A400? Anything more I need to do to it than this video suggests? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdGl_6JoUWU

He very lightly oils the rotating mechanism in the bolt, and some light oiling of the rails. runs piston and gas system completely dry as I would expect.

I have Slip 2000 EWL, EWL 30 (kinda thick), and CLP. What do you guys suggest I use?

Thank you!

Well, my 1301 has finally shipped. Hopefully I will be able to take it out early next week.

Should I take it apart and lube it? or run it as is?

If I should clean and lube it, I assume that the design is very similar to the A400? Anything more I need to do to it than this video suggests? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdGl_6JoUWU

He very lightly oils the rotating mechanism in the bolt, and some light oiling of the rails. runs piston and gas system completely dry as I would expect.

I have Slip 2000 EWL, EWL 30 (kinda thick), and CLP. What do you guys suggest I use?

Thank you!

I oiled mine with M Pro-7 and greased the choke tube threads before shooting it.

make sure yall loctite the mid rail bead prior to using the 1301,if u dont:

http://www.berettausa.com/products/beretta-brass-front-sight-26-mm/

which is out of stock,AND it doesnt mention if it fits a 1301

i had a vision of jb weld and a brass bb............if all else fails.... :ph34r:

That actually looks like a front sight. According to the schematic this is the replacement part (yes, also on back order).

http://www.brownells.com/shotgun-parts/sights/middle-sights/mid-bead-a400-mid-bead-a400-sku913-000-433-54948-112415.aspx

Does anyone have a coupon for brownells I really need that mid sight

All fun aside I'd like to have this oem cause it'll make me shoot better lol

Anyway lost mine before the posts came up about it didn't notice till I was cleaning it.if there's a better replacement or fix I'm all eyes thanks

ahusu9ej.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

Edited by Dustbuster1

I find it interesting that with the benelli the 21" is the standard, and with this one people are kicking 21's to the curb and the 24" is all the hotness. Is it purely because the 21" looks so short with the long forearm on the 1301? Personally, I would like to go to the 24 just so the barrel length and the tube length are a little closer to matching. Not that that makes any difference other than aesthetics. If I wanted this shotty and all I could find was a 21" I would be all over it.

The comment on less length due to European use makes sense but how far can you go past the barrel with an extension tube without having issues?

I cannot figure out how to get the plug out of the mag tube so it will load more than two. Help!

Unscrew the tube cap with the qd mount, then there is a black plastic cap on the inside of the tube. This cap will have a piece that extends inside the tube and fits in an opening notch on the actual metal tube. Push the plastic in and pull the black plastic piece out, and out will come the spring and round limiter.

I find it interesting that with the benelli the 21" is the standard, and with this one people are kicking 21's to the curb and the 24" is all the hotness. Is it purely because the 21" looks so short with the long forearm on the 1301? Personally, I would like to go to the 24 just so the barrel length and the tube length are a little closer to matching. Not that that makes any difference other than aesthetics. If I wanted this shotty and all I could find was a 21" I would be all over it.

The comment on less length due to European use makes sense but how far can you go past the barrel with an extension tube without having issues?

A long ways. I've seen 12 round tubes on 21" guns with no issues.