Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

Since I am the paranoid type, anyone know a safe/legit place (and has them in stock) I can get a 21" online since my local dealers are unable?

Grabagun. I bought from them last month. $5.99 shipping and great prices. Last time I looked they had 21" in stock. Compact Firearms has the 24" ones.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I am the paranoid type, anyone know a safe/legit place (and has them in stock) I can get a 21" online since my local dealers are unable?

Grabagun. I bought from them last month. $5.99 shipping and great prices. Last time I looked they had 21" in stock. Compact Firearms has the 24" ones.

Sadly as of last night when I looked they where all out, thanks anyway.

Anyone else know of a reputable online place I can get a 21" 1301 shipped to my local FFL?

Looks like Joe bob Outfitters has them in stock so I went with him. I have been hearing complaints about Buds (to the point a local FFL will not accept transfers from them). Little more than I wanted to spend since Grabagun has them listed for 100 bucks less, but its not too terrible considering they claim to have them in stock

Now to get some choke tubes and a Nordic extension

Looks like Joe bob Outfitters has them in stock so I went with him. I have been hearing complaints about Buds (to the point a local FFL will not accept transfers from them). Little more than I wanted to spend since Grabagun has them listed for 100 bucks less, but its not too terrible considering they claim to have them in stock

I purchased my 21" model from Grabagun. They shipped quickly for $5.99. Nordic MXT +5 tube from Nordic and Carlsons chokes from Optics Planet.

Pat

I purchased my 21" model from Grabagun. They shipped quickly for $5.99. Nordic MXT +5 tube from Nordic and Carlsons chokes from Optics Planet.

Pat

Pat, if I were to buy a couple of chokes, or even just one choke, which one should I buy (full, IM, etc) ? I'm just plinking.

I would like a general purpose one that will shoot slugs as well. I'm just plinking with this and will maybe shoot some clays as well. I think I saw someone say that the IM shoots slugs better than the included IC.

I would like to get an extended choke just so the barrel is the same length as my Nordic extension.

Anyone else know of a reputable online place I can get a 21" 1301 shipped to my local FFL?

Bud's has the 21" model but not the 24" model.

Pat

Pat, if I were to buy a couple of chokes, or even just one choke, which one should I buy (full, IM, etc) ? I'm just plinking.

I would like a general purpose one that will shoot slugs as well. I'm just plinking with this and will maybe shoot some clays as well. I think I saw someone say that the IM shoots slugs better than the included IC.

I would like to get an extended choke just so the barrel is the same length as my Nordic extension.

If I could only have one choke tube it would be LM.

The 1301 comes with a flush fit IC choke. I ordered extended Trulock LM and full chokes.

On the 24" model a Nordic +4 with Roulette +1 cap is perfect, and gives a full 10rd capacity....

Mick

I ordered the +1 cap in red...I was gun shy about going +5 originally...this gives me options. This thread reminded me I still hadn't ordered my cap...thanks theshooterssource.com...fill that order please. :)

I've got the +2 cap from The Shooters Source on my 1301. Works great. 24" 12+1. I got all kind of options

I am new to the site and new to 3 gun and some what new to shotguns. I just ordered and put a 21" model on lay a way at our LGS. Plan on using a +3 Nordic tube. There are a couple things I would like to ask.

1. Witch chokes are best for 3 gun use?

2. what is the best choke to use for slugs?

3. What is a good replacement choke (extended) or should I just stick with Beretta chokes?

Here is a comparison of the Beretta 1301 with 24" barrel and the VersaMax tactical 22"

The Beretta has a Nordic +4 MXT tube, red Roulette +1 extension (the ORIGINAL maker of the +1 and +2 caps), and Trulock LM extended choke. Capacity is 10 in the tube.

The VersaMax has a Carbon Arms 8 shot one piece tube with a black +2 Carbon Arms extension and LM extended choke. Capacity is 10 in the tube.

The Beretta is noticeably shorter than the VersaMax, due in no part to the shorter receiver (3" only, versus 3.5" for the VersaMax). In fact, the 24" Beretta with flush chokes is pretty much the same length as the 22" VersaMax with extended choke.

Here are some comparison pics.

Tomorrow I will be testing the 1301 against the VersaMax as well as Neomet's 24" 1301 with the Kickoff system installed..

Mick

post-15603-0-78302100-1389408103_thumb.j

post-15603-0-30779700-1389408391_thumb.j

post-15603-0-15437000-1389408701_thumb.j

Edited by MickB

Looks like the wrong choke to me. You sure that's an Optima HP choke?

If it wasn't an Optima HP choke, do you think it would even thread into my barrel? I have 4 extended BERETTA chokes.

Read this again, not trying to sound like a total smarta$$...but only hp chokes will fit hp threads...buy beretta branded hp and have no issues.

Edited by mtwashingtonhunter