Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its pretty much going to run you a bit over a $1k for a 24"....you find one in stock under a thousand , and the guy selling it will have the 1301 in one hand and a unicorn in the other..better chance getting the unicorn right now

Thanks for the information gentlemen. I'm pretty frustrated with my CZ 712 Utility; got it back from CZ and it's still doing the same thing (FT eject/extract).

Can't wait to upgrade to the 1301 when available. I searched google and you guys are right...no 24's available on the first several search results pages.

Trying to debate in my mind do I wait on the 24 or go for the 21.

Is there anything the 24" does better than the 21? The 21 will more easily fit in my range bags.

This is for fun, target shooting for me. Anything that I can't do well with the 21 and the correct choke per application?

Thanks!

Not at all. The actual "reason" for the 24" is that is the minimum length allowed in several European countries. If there is anything a 21" can't do I haven't found it. Just looks a little odd if you hang a 12 round mag tube under it.

I find it interesting that with the benelli the 21" is the standard, and with this one people are kicking 21's to the curb and the 24" is all the hotness. Is it purely because the 21" looks so short with the long forearm on the 1301? Personally, I would like to go to the 24 just so the barrel length and the tube length are a little closer to matching. Not that that makes any difference other than aesthetics. If I wanted this shotty and all I could find was a 21" I would be all over it.

I appreciate the response on reliability etc guys.

I went for it, just ordered a 21" model.

Decided that it will work just great for me, fit in my range bag great, ETC. Perhaps important too, it is available....ordered it for 999 from Centerfire in Colorado. Nice people to deal with so far; they pricematched down to another seller's price but with shipping said that is as low as they could go.

If you guys get a chance, will you post what fiber optic sights you are running?

Also, can someone measure the width of the rib on the barrel? I'm wanting to put a red dot on it and b-square makes a nice looking rail that attaches to the barrel rib.

I have read this complete thread a couple of times now, looks like carlson's extended chokes are the way to go from Optics planet. Somebody was saying theirs was not accurate with slugs with included chokes but can't recall which one i needed to order. (Wish there was a search thread only feature :) )

I hope this is a running sonofagun; I'm pretty frustrated with my lemon 712.

Mind posting a picture of this when you have time?

I've got a 21" with a Nordic +4. It looks fine.

Since the pics I have a few Carlson chokes which adds 3/4" to the barrel. I also just added the HiViz TriComp fiber optics.

IMG_20130928_084251_517-1_zps3685ab9d.jp

IMG_20130928_084319_963-1_zpsf5edf633.jp

Edited by pmt

Since the pics I have a few Carlson chokes which adds 3/4" to the barrel. I also just added the HiViz TriComp fiber optics.

Be careful with the clamp that close to the end of the barrel. The barrel wall is thinner (where the choke tube fits in) and its possible to tighten the clamp to the point that the choke tube will not go in/out.

Not real impressed with Bud's lately. They delivered 2 rifles to the incorrect address this weekend (FFL information was wrong in their database). Emailed them this morning and have not heard back. They are generally slow shipping too.

$940 still a good deal though, especially if you have something else you plan on buying with the money.

BudsGuns has the 21" 1301 for $1040 and you get a $100 gift certificate. Pretty decent deal.

Be careful with the clamp that close to the end of the barrel. The barrel wall is thinner (where the choke tube fits in) and its possible to tighten the clamp to the point that the choke tube will not go in/out.

I was aware of that when I installed the clamp - no problems. The Nordic tube is undercut in that location, so that's the only place it will clamp on the barrel.

I was aware of that when I installed the clamp - no problems. The Nordic tube is undercut in that location, so that's the only place it will clamp on the barrel.

You can flip the tube since the threads are identical to put it closer to the barrel nut.

Does anyone have a picatinny rail mounted on theirs that is a reasonable price? The only one I've seen so far is $100.

If someone could measure the width of the vent rib I would appreciate it; i have a vent rib mount laying around that may work for my needs.

(I just ordered mine yesterday and don't have it yet)

Thanks!

Thank you. I think my B-Square vent-rib picatinny mount will fit. It is max 3/8".

Can't wait to get this beast in my hands!

If someone could measure the width of the vent rib I would appreciate it; i have a vent rib mount laying around that may work for my needs.

.375 = 3/8"

I just installed a Nordic +5 extender on my daughters beretta 21inch 1301. I cut the spring at 16 inches as the instructions said.

Just wondering if I should have cut to 12 inches or will she even notice the difference when loading?