Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

Anybody know the implications of shaving down this hole anymore than I have? I want to keep bringing it down, but I don't want to mess with any important parts obviously. Maybe a pin for the shell catcher?

photo_6.jpg

If you can't tell there is the big one that is vertical and a smaller one that is horizontal.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy, the more I shoot this gun the more I like it. Really, really nice.

Told ya :goof: ... shooting 3gun this Sat right?

How could I have ever questioned you? Yep, I will be there.

I sure do remember " i like the Versamax as its soft " comment :goof: ... it is though but heavy, see you on sat boss.. ill be there early.

Edited by ogiebb

Can I usually buy an extra spring for the nordic? In case I cut the first one too short?

(feel free to comment "I have the Nordic +3 and cut the spring X inches past the end of the tube and it works great"....I would appreciate this input!)

Absolutely. I usually buy them 3 at a time. I think I usually count 13 coils past the end of the tube. Not sure why 13, I think I heard it somewhere, seems to work. If you cut it too short, it will work for a while, the crap out at an inopportune time. A good reason to buy multiples.

• 2 weeks later...

Well here is a brief run down on todays practice and ammo test with the Beretta. This Beretta is awesome! I ran about 300rds thru it today and not 1 malfunction. Here is some of the ammo.. first shots were 50rds of my reloads which are about 1200fps,Estate 1145fps,Fiocchi 1255fps,Winchester white box crap and federal 1200fps,Remington buckshot 1200fps and B&P Slugs all of this and not one hicup. Set at clay target out at 60 yds and nailed in on my first shot POA is POI. Recoil is much less than the Benelli also. The cool think about this gun as it comes with a large charge handle,oversize safety and really with a bit of magwell blending and smoothing its ready to race!

Well here is a brief run down on todays practice and ammo test with the Beretta. This Beretta is awesome! I ran about 300rds thru it today and not 1 malfunction. Here is some of the ammo.. first shots were 50rds of my reloads which are about 1200fps,Estate 1145fps,Fiocchi 1255fps,Winchester white box crap and federal 1200fps,Remington buckshot 1200fps and B&P Slugs all of this and not one hicup. Set at clay target out at 60 yds and nailed in on my first shot POA is POI. Recoil is much less than the Benelli also. The cool think about this gun as it comes with a large charge handle,oversize safety and really with a bit of magwell blending and smoothing its ready to race!

What size shot and weight?

Pat

I wanted to give an update on my 21" I just received. I've taken mine to the indoor range twice in the last week, really just for testing., 225 rounds total through it.

One thing I've learned...DO NOT BUY THE WINCHESTER BULK AT WALMART. It just does not seem to work near as good as the Federal BULK. (Winchester doesn't seem to work that great in my 30" 1975 1100 either).

First range trip:

Ran about 150 rounds through it.

Ran flawless, no failure to eject, no failure to feed.

Did not always lock the bolt back unless I fired the last 2 shots back to back (possibly using the gas built up in the system?)

(in the attached picture, for shells on the RIGHT it reliably held bolt open on last round under normal conditions (no fast firing).

Shells on the LEFT, did not always hold bolt open on last round, but cycled reliably.

between trips
I lightly lubed bolt and action with CLP. Did not disassemble, just did best i could while assembled Also wiped out any carbon chunks in action/chamber.

Installed Nordic +3, using stock magazine spring.

Installed TRS-25 red dot on vent rib using rib rider that I slightly modified. http://www.amazon.com/AimTech-Rider-Remington-1100-1187/dp/B00FL2DKXQ

(note that I had the red dot installed a different way in the picture with the 12 gauge shells, it is now installed with the rib rider and I have not used it yet but expect it to work good.

Second range trip

about 75 rounds.

functioned flawlessly.

Could not duplicate the last bolt hold open issue from first trip.

(shot the 2 3/4 DRAM loads without a problem with last round bolt hold open...)

Great shotgun, can't wait to blow up some clays!

post-49454-0-47286300-1387751081_thumb.j

post-49454-0-00297000-1387751088_thumb.j

post-49454-0-55915700-1387751096_thumb.j

Last Saturday I shot the 2 gun match at Rio Salado. My 1301 does not like Winchester Universal Game & Target 7.5 shot, 1 1/8 oz, 1200fps. It turned my semi-auto into a bolt action SG. The rounds would eject - they just would not feed. This is the inexpensive bulk packs from Wally World.

Edited by pmt

Told ya!! :-)

Well here is a brief run down on todays practice and ammo test with the Beretta. This Beretta is awesome!

Oh oh,...did you let Netter try it? :surprise:

I suppose you have to get one for yourself now! :roflol:

No thank god but its just a matter of time as she picked it up in the house the other day and said ohhhh this thing is nice and light and points nice...Rut ro....

I wanted to give an update on my 21" I just received. I've taken mine to the indoor range twice in the last week, really just for testing., 225 rounds total through it.

One thing I've learned...DO NOT BUY THE WINCHESTER BULK AT WALMART. It just does not seem to work near as good as the Federal BULK. (Winchester doesn't seem to work that great in my 30" 1975 1100 either).

THAT STUFF will jam in a single shot :sick:

This one seems to be a 'universal' - just stay away from this no matter the (semi/autoloader) gun.

We had someone with a bunch of what I thought was 'higher quality' Winchester 'Super Speed' at the last match; looks like same crappy hulls, same crappy results.

I got 'away' with firing a case of them Win. bulk through my JM Pro, but enough people have griped about these things it's not worth ever buying them again...Estate, B&P. Fiocchi, Gun Club, Federal bulk all are better...

Just a heads up, I got an e-mail from Grabagun.com that the 24" is back in stock. Who knows how long, but thought I would pass it along.

They show a 24" right next to the 21" but it's a weird model number and the description is alarming. It is also just a little bit cheaper which is even more alarming.

Grabagun is good people, haven't had a problem with them in the past.

Centerfireguns sent me an instock notification on the 24" today as well, so that would be an alternative to you guys too.

Just a heads up, I got an e-mail from Grabagun.com that the 24" is back in stock. Who knows how long, but thought I would pass it along.

They show a 24" right next to the 21" but it's a weird model number and the description is alarming. It is also just a little bit cheaper which is even more alarming.