Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never had a problem with my mid bead coming out, but if it did/does I would definitely find another and replace it. Because...mine shoots slugs exceptionally well. Inside 6" at 100 yards, using the mid bead as rear sight. IC tube. Rem LC 1oz.

I cannot wait o shoot this thing at some of the spring SG matches around here.

I never had a problem with my mid bead coming out, but if it did/does I would definitely find another and replace it. Because...mine shoots slugs exceptionally well. Inside 6" at 100 yards, using the mid bead as rear sight. IC tube. Rem LC 1oz.

You and I are shooting every shotgun match within 5 hours this year. No excuses. And we'll make BrYan drive.

I never had a problem with my mid bead coming out, but if it did/does I would definitely find another and replace it. Because...mine shoots slugs exceptionally well. Inside 6" at 100 yards, using the mid bead as rear sight. IC tube. Rem LC

You and I are shooting every shotgun match within 5 hours this year. No excuses. And we'll make BrYan drive.
U r on Mr. Brown! And this year I will have a supernova in case I might want to try manual div. Edited by Lead-Head

Got my +5 Nordic tube on my 24" 1301 today. What did everyone cut there spring to? Mine is at about 12" and (10) 2 3/4 shells fit but only (9) 3in shells.

Also what is everyone with a extension tube doing for the front sling mount?

12" should be good 10-2-3/4 is right I get 11 with my +6. Never tried 3" as I never use them in 3 gun.

Nordic makes a QD clamp.

Got my +5 Nordic tube on my 24" 1301 today. What did everyone cut there spring to? Mine is at about 12" and (10) 2 3/4 shells fit but only (9) 3in shells.

Also what is everyone with a extension tube doing for the front sling mount?

The 1301 I borrowed to get a feel for the platform had a spring cut to 9". It was still too much spring IMO (last shell ejected very firm) and I'd continue to trim if it was mine. I also had a difficult time getting the 10th round in to the +5 tube. I'm thinking a +6 would be a better fit.

Edited by mngunguy

I just put a +5 Nordic tube on my 24" also and started with 11" of spring and it seems fine for loading. I can get 10 in the tube no problem so I was hesitant to go any shorter to avoid any feed issues etc... My issue is when I went to put my Nordic clamp on, it wanted to put pressure on the barrel as the tube and barrel are very close to inline but not exactly. I learned that with my versa max, the clamp really threw off slug accuracy and I was told by Benny Hill not to run the clamp on the versa. My question is, any other way to get a sling mount for the 1301 without using a barrel clamp ? Any help would be greatly appreciated -

call Nordic, and ask for the slightly wider clamp, they make one that is slightly wider on the barrel end and does not pull the barrel and tube together, I have one I got from them.

Trapr

Do all 1301's need this special part?

Not necessarily. From reading the posts in this thread some folks feel that there is no need for a clamp. Guess it depends on the length of the tube that overhangs the muzzle of the barrel. If you want one, the wider clamp (distance between the barrel and the tube) would be the way to go.

Pat

Does anybody make a picatinny rail for the 1301 that is reasonably priced? The only one I've found is $130.

More than $10 is too much but I'd pay up to $40!

Has anyone 'adapted' another gun's picatinny rail to this shotgun? If so, what thread are the receiver holes?

Thanks!

I've got a 21" barrel model. If I want it to get a magazine tube extension that is flush (or slightly less than flush) with the end of the barrel, Would I get the +3 model?

It looks like a lot of you guys run Nordic. Are there other models more economically priced that work just as good? Looks like they are all $50-100.

Can I usually buy an extra spring for the nordic? In case I cut the first one too short?

(feel free to comment "I have the Nordic +3 and cut the spring X inches past the end of the tube and it works great"....I would appreciate this input!)