Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why do they knurl them? I assumed that was so you would not need a wrench...

They knurl them to make it easier to thread them in/out. They are also notched so they can be properly tightened/loosened with the wrench.

Paul - Just as an FYI you can get Briley Sprectrum chokes which are colored on that knarley knurling.

Since red is your go-to color that works out well as that is the color Briley uses for a light modified choke which is a pretty good all around choke for 3 gunning. Powerfactor Shooting has good prices on Briley chokes.

BTW, I hear Sammy Hagar wants his color back from you. :ph34r:

Shotgun recoil loosens everything! As has already been said, the knurling makes it easier to thread the chokes in and out.

Had a buddy that was shooting a stage that required buckshot on paper only and his patterns drastically changed with each shot, going from nice tight groups to barely a pellet on the paper.

Couldn't understand what was happening until I checked his choke tube. It was loose. He had hand tightened the choke.

Tightened the choke back up with the proper tool and the groups returned to normal.

Mick

why do they knurl them? I assumed that was so you would not need a wrench...

Shotgun recoil loosens everything! As has already been said, the knurling makes it easier to thread the chokes in and out.

Had a buddy that was shooting a stage that required buckshot on paper only and his patterns drastically changed with each shot, going from nice tight groups to barely a pellet on the paper.

Couldn't understand what was happening until I checked his choke tube. It was loose. He had hand tightened the choke.

Tightened the choke back up with the proper tool and the groups returned to normal.

Mick

Thanks for that Mick, very interesting! :cheers:

Keith

How & what is everyone lubing on your 1301's ??

I ask because Ive had absolutely zero issues w mine for the first 1500 rounds.... I normally just cleaned everything w a cloth. This last time I lubed everything inside with the exception of the gas port.... I had 3 FTFeed's in 6 stages.... it seemed to be every other stage I ran. Used the same ammo Ive always used. Did I lube too much ?? Any ideas or tips ??

Thanks !

I ask because Ive had absolutely zero issues w mine for the first 1500 rounds.... I normally just cleaned everything w a cloth. This last time I lubed everything inside with the exception of the gas port.... I had 3 FTFeed's in 6 stages.... it seemed to be every other stage I ran. Used the same ammo Ive always used. Did I lube too much ?? Any ideas or tips ??

Thanks !

I wipe everything down and then put a nice light coat of oil on most parts. There was a good video on lubing the a400 from Beretta that I used. There's a couple places they say not to lube.

Thanks !

I wipe everything down and then put a nice light coat of oil on most parts. There was a good video on lubing the a400 from Beretta that I used. There's a couple places they say not to lube.

do you happen to have a link to the video ?

thanks !

I have a bushnell TRS-25 red dot on my 1301. Mounted with a rib-rider on the barrel rib Can anyone point me to a cheek pad/riser (possibly even one that is adjustable) that would fit the Beretta well?

Not adjustable but Beretta do a gel tek pad that sticks onto the comb http://www.berettausa.com/products/gel-tek-cheek-protector/ It comes in 2 sizes, .24 & .12 (6mm & 3mm I believe), it can be used on Synthetic or Wood stocks.

HTH

Keith

Yeah I need it welded on mine too, I think if you have fatter fingers it might not be as big of an issue but I have skinny ones and it gets me on the load 2 as well. When I go get the second shell past the catch it wedges my thumb in there and when trying to go fast it can smart pretty good. It doesn't draw blood like my stock Versa Max lifter did but still gets you. I have been watching for Brownells to get it in stock ( someone posted a link to the stock Beretta lifter) but it has been on back order for 6 months I think. Guess I am going to have to disassemble the 1301 and just send in the lifter to be welded, unless someone knows where a stock one can be found -

I've skimmed through this some and didn't see it mentioned. So I apologize if it has already been addressed. But how long of an extension can you go on both the 21" and 24" before it becomes a problem shooting with a cylinder or skeet choke? Anyone ever accidently get a pattern wide enough to nick an extension tube? I've seen some pretty long ones out there.