Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not finalized yet...but something like this.

That looks a lot like what I was planning out on paper. I just want to use the aluminium or polymer shroud to save a few bucks. Having never owned a semi auto shotgun much less run one in 3 gun, seems to me the extended shell release that MOA does would be a worthwhile option. I'm I wrong on that or does it just come down to the manual of arms one learns when they first start using the gun?

What I can say with some level of confidence. First it will be right...Tom @ MOA knows what he is doing. I get the first one and based on that we will know

IF any final tweaks are needed or wanted.

Beyond that, For the few bucks more the Carbon shroud lends a cool factor to the P3K, not that I am a fan of cool but this is my first signature gun so some cool it will have.

The Carbon Arms tube is a must but the extension after that will have choices for final capacity.

The shell release in some form is worth while and the MOA unit will adorn this power tool.

MOA's bolt handle will be on board.

MOA's double head safety will be too.

Benelli M2 Extractor and Spring will replace the stock items.

No exact release date, but it will probably hit the order form before the factory M3K hits the shelves. (2nd quarter 2015)

I have never liked that many custom shotgun smiths don't finish the loading port after they are done cutting polishing...

This gun will be Cerakoted. Midnight Blue is the color.

Recoil pads are important to the operation of the inertia system this gun will sport one that improves reliability.

Front and rear dovetail sights. That will allow several inches of adjustment to the windage for slug zero. (both sights can be changed for elevation changes)

That's what I can share...some of this is subject to change a bit depending on suppliers of parts built outside of MOA.

I feel you will really like this gun. I don't think we can bring you all that for under a grand but I bet you will be happy with the price for the performance.

Patrick P3K Kelley

We are working with PK on the final details before it is available to the public, but it will be soon! Follow the MOA Precision Vendor page so we don't pollute the tech page. Feel free to discuss pros and cons of the features here, but for specific discussions about pricing, cost of options, etc let's keep business in the business section. :) As far as Tech goes-

There are benefits to the one-piece mag tube. Primarily, there is no junction for the follower to snag on, and the finish on the outside means no need to polish the tube for the recoil spring. It is also more rigid, so a clamp is not needed, even with an extension. Mark at Carbon arms can fill you in more on the specifics.

The Limbsaver pad is significantly softer than even the Kick-eez. We have found that with an aggressive stance, ( especially if you are tall and/or big) you can lean into the gun hard enough to make the inertia stall. With a limbsaver it is much more difficult to stall the gun as it is the most compressible pad we have found to date. This, in combination with some other mechanical tweaks, makes it much more reliable at the low end of the velocity spectrum.

The occasional extraction problems have been mentioned here before, so we are proactively installing Benelli extractor components.

Top priority is this- Every modification has to prove its worth to be part of this. In keeping with the "working man's gun" price range of the base gun, no gadgets unless they make the whole better than the sum of parts.

Would my ideal iteration be different than Pat's? Probably a little. And someday, if I can ever outshoot him, people may ask for MY signature on a shotgun! :)

How long are the +6 extension tubes other people are using? Mine is 14", but it's coming out further past my 26" barrel than it seems to be for other people.

attachicon.gifIMG_1620.JPG

That looks about right. It looks shorter if you use extended knurled chokes. How far does it measure from muzzle to the tube end? We have been thinking about machining them to a custom length since the standard MXT tube overhangs.

How long are the +6 extension tubes other people are using? Mine is 14", but it's coming out further past my 26" barrel than it seems to be for other people.

attachicon.gifIMG_1620.JPG

That looks about right. It looks shorter if you use extended knurled chokes. How far does it measure from muzzle to the tube end? We have been thinking about machining them to a custom length since the standard MXT tube overhangs.

Looks like 25.5" from muzzle to the frame. I was surprised because looking at some other pics online it seemed to match closer. Could barrel length vary that much?

maxresdefault.jpgM3000-cooling.jpg

Hi - I'm having what appear to be some extraction problems. It only happens during matches of course when I'm running the gun hard and don't have the patience to diagnose it fully. Can anyone suggest anything I should try before just getting the Benelli parts? If not, what parts do I need and where can I get 'em? Thanks.

Sent from my sending thing.