Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

Could be the brand of lube your using?Try wiping down your gun heavy with a good oil that inhibits rust (EEZOX) let it soak over night so it can penetrate, wipe off the excess the next day . Long ago had trouble with certain brand (Tetra) grease rust started forming on a few internal parts within a month. Not sure why, but it went straight in the trash.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually use free (ish) Army breakfree CLP on shotguns and mobil1 on my 1911's. Glocks get ignored :devil:. Perhaps I need to switch to something else for this guy. EEZOX huh? ill see if i cant find some to try.

Edited by Nebwake

My buddy's been trying to get me into 3 gun, and I've been on the fence mainly because of cost (college student). Well, thanks to this thread I created an account, and as my first post, I'm happy to say I'm $500 poorer. Picked up a 26" M3000 at my LGS today. Thanks to everyone who's contributed to this thread, especially Jesse, Pat, and Tom. Excited to start building this thing into a 3 gun monster.

Nebwake for me its worked. There are others, CLP is what now use for all my internal parts its rated high as a good light lube, and rust inhibitor. In the barrel NO tefflons(FP 10) I'm no chemist there are lots of gun oil reviews online Hope it helps.

I have to use a large taped up flathead screwdriver to pry mine out, and a rubber mallet to get it back in.

Worked like a charm! Thanks!

Pull the bolt about 1/2" back and take it out.

Tried that for a little while. I guess I need to work on my finger strength haha.

First range report. Wow. Very impressed by the M3000. Ran 100 shells consisting of Rio, Federal Top Gun, and Remington Gun Club. I wasn't expecting it to run as reliably as it did going off of what I read in this thread (brand new inertia gun with lighter loads). I only had 2 FTFs of which both I think were from the ghost load. Not sure if that matters or not. I think I can attribute some of it to the thorough cleaning I gave it the night before. Cleaned off that thick, sticky lubricant from the factory and applied Ballistol. The action was noticeably freer flowing which I think helped it in the wet and cold (45* is cold to a Texan) conditions today. Can't wait to throw some MOA parts on it!

Can anybody tell me the length of a stock M3000 with a Nordic +9 tube? My rough guess would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 56". The reason I ask is because I'm having trouble finding a case that will fit a shotgun that length short of a full on .50cal drag bag which is overkill both in purpose and price. I thought I had a winner with the 56" Midway USA drag bag, but the internal length is 52". What are y'all using to transport/store your M3000?

Edited by Barracuda

my +8 fits barely fits in a Cabella's hunting case made for 26" bbl shotguns. Perhaps look at pelicans or other hard cases like that. My buddy has a Surgeon Scalpel with a 28" barrel that fits with room in his pelican case. Super overkill for a stoeger 3000 though!

Thanks for the suggestions, Nebwake. I'll look into those options. In other news, I just finished reading through this entire thread, much of which was when I was supposed to be writing a research paper (like right now). Why couldn't my research paper be about the M3000...or 3 gun in general?