Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too slow and wrong. lol.

Anyone know what size the nut inside the stock? Apparently I don't own a socket deep enough for that long bolt but I'm not keen on buying a whole set having apparently made it 40 years without it :)

Edited by mertbl

What parts should we be looking out for as far as wear goes?

I've lost count on how many rounds I have through mine at this point. Since Jan 1, I have ran about 6 cases of shells through my MOA M3K. It keeps getting smoother and is now cycling federal bulk packs fine. I still cant get Fiochi low recoil slugs of any type to cycle reliably but I've been VERY happy with the Federal Truball so I've sold the cases of Fiochi's i had.

I do have the Benelli extractor/spring on standby since that's the only part I've read here that people have had to replace. I haven't seen any signs of abnormal wear on mine yet.

In a weird situation this weekend the carrier pin c-clip, that doubles as the Trigger pin retainer came lose/fell out/failed/disapeared which caused my trigger pin to fall out during a reload.. made for an interesting stage. I would say this is more of a fluke than anything but I've ordered a 5pack of c clips today to keep them in my range bag.

I haven't read anything that suggests a part on the M3000 wears faster than the other parts. Then again, the average round count on the M3000 is relatively low. Those that have replaced their extractor and spring with Benelli parts aren't experiencing problems with wear as much as imperfections during the manufacturing process of the stock extractor which might cause extraction issues. Just be sure to lubricate everything that needs it, and you should be fine.

Have you guys mounted match savers (or clones) on the M3000's?

The handguard being thin worries me a bit, plus there are moving bits inside of it and I've been staring at it trying to decide where it would be safe to drill. My buddy mounted one on his 1301 (which has a surprisingly similar handguard and his install was inspired by this, but if anything the M3000 is even thinner there so I'm a not sure there is enough plastic to fit the nuts.

The handguard being thin worries me a bit, plus there are moving bits inside of it and I've been staring at it trying to decide where it would be safe to drill. My buddy mounted one on his 1301 (which has a surprisingly similar handguard and his install was inspired by this, but if anything the M3000 is even thinner there so I'm a not sure there is enough plastic to fit the nuts.

I put a shooters source o.s. (they say it stands for one shot I say it is more likely the oh sh*t shell holder) shell holder on mine. Had no problems so far and it is prteey much directly ove top of the action bar.

I've lost count on how many rounds I have through mine at this point. Since Jan 1, I have ran about 6 cases of shells through my MOA M3K. It keeps getting smoother and is now cycling federal bulk packs fine. I still cant get Fiochi low recoil slugs of any type to cycle reliably but I've been VERY happy with the Federal Truball so I've sold the cases of Fiochi's i had.

I do have the Benelli extractor/spring on standby since that's the only part I've read here that people have had to replace. I haven't seen any signs of abnormal wear on mine yet.

In a weird situation this weekend the carrier pin c-clip, that doubles as the Trigger pin retainer came lose/fell out/failed/disapeared which caused my trigger pin to fall out during a reload.. made for an interesting stage. I would say this is more of a fluke than anything but I've ordered a 5pack of c clips today to keep them in my range bag.

Ever see the guys with target pasters stuck on the sides of their receiver (on any assorted brand of gun)?

Know you know why. :devil:

Edited by GunCat

Ever see the guys with target pasters stuck on the sides of their receiver (on any assorted brand of gun)?

Know you know why. :devil:

didnt even consider using a paster!! i used a bandaid after all the parts were found! lol

I put a shooters source o.s. (they say it stands for one shot I say it is more likely the oh sh*t shell holder) shell holder on mine. Had no problems so far and it is prteey much directly ove top of the action bar.

Can I bother you for a picture? I have the OS one.

Can I bother you for a picture? I have the OS one.

I just put the OS on mine yesterday. It is right where the action bars are. I'll take a picture next time i make it upstairs.

I run a match saver. There is a rib inside the fore-end at the optimum spot that has to be ground away. I will post up pics of the mod, maybe tonight. Desperately playing catchup in the shop today after taking a long weekend for 3GN match, probably be here all night tending machines. We shall see if it fits in :)

I attached mine with industrial Velcro I got from the home despot. Never had to screw it down.