Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looks like Dillons "No BS" warranty is officially "BS"

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need the "primer track bearing" to compensate for the extra height added by the failsafe bracket under the shellplate platform. If you don't have a failsafe bracket, you don't need the "bearing"... which is really just a spacer.

Thank you very much for resolving this issue. And yes I do have the failsafe bracket.

I am not sure that the issue is resolved. I have two 550s. They both have the bracket for the powder measure return rod. One operates correctly without the "bearing" and the other one, a newer press, has the bearing. The height of the ledge that the primer bar rides on, however, is different. Do you have calipers? You should measure the height of the ledge the powder slide rides on. Just the short dimension on the right hand side, with the caliper vertical. I think if you are going to slam a company and call their warranty BS you should be at least willing to verify that something is their fault.

Did you buy the press new? What vintage is the press? Please report back your measurement. My two presses are different, and the newer one is shorter by a little more than the dimension of the "bearing". If I am wrong I will send you my bearing and buy a new one.

I don't get it.... how can folks put up with 2 to 3 hours on hold? or 3 weeks of no returned phone calls?

I have called Hornady like a month ago, broke some minor springs... phone picked up within 5 mins, and I received parts, free of charge within 3 days.

I hope dillon hires some help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Helped a friend assemble a used 550B and noticed an extra part that mine doesn't have. P/N 14015. Primer Track Bearing. So I email Dillon and told them the story. They told me that my 550B did not come with that part but yet in my manual it shows the part! They also told me they would charge me for the upgrade part if I wanted it. Go I guess the current Dillon has changed and are now charging for replacement parts!

They have upgraded the press in several ways. Their NO BS warranty applies to broken parts. Yours is not broken. It's working as designed. If you want to UPGRADE the press by the part.

I went there in person last week to BUY a couple of spare parts. Laid my CC on the counter. They asked my name and zip code, looked me up on the computer and told me NO CHARGE. I realize most people can't show up at Dillon's shop in person and their phone system is overwhelmed but...

Sounds to me like sig2009 is guessing/assuming the part is "missing" and the Dillon EXPERT says it's optional. I'm with Dillon.

I don't get it.... how can folks put up with 2 to 3 hours on hold? or 3 weeks of no returned phone calls?

I have called Hornady like a month ago, broke some minor springs... phone picked up within 5 mins, and I received parts, free of charge within 3 days.

I would agree that it would be frustrating for sure - and I would probably try getting BE to help me in that situation. They need to step up with Customer Service to help out their customers in need of parts, but I am sure they can barely afford the time to scratch their asses right now, let alone hire AND train new help. Sometimes it is more efficient to do it all with what you have and wait till things cool off a bit to expand.

I would agree that it would be frustrating for sure - and I would probably try getting BE to help me in that situation. They need to step up with Customer Service to help out their customers in need of parts, but I am sure they can barely afford the time to scratch their asses right now, let alone hire AND train new help. Sometimes it is more efficient to do it all with what you have and wait till things cool off a bit to expand.

This!!!!

Write em a letter, add your credit card number if you need parts, and drop it in the mail. Within a couple of weeks you should have a package, if they have the parts in stock. Better for your blood pressure... :)

jj

Yup it must suck when your in demand and others....well aren't and have all kinds of free time :-)

• 2 weeks later...

No your OP is BS!!! Dillon more than takes care of its customer. I can't count how many times I have had to call Dillon on the phone when I didn't understand something. When I broke something they didn't just send me one replacement part, they sent me two just in case and didn't charge for either one. For 77 dollars you can ship an outdated press back and they will updated to the current standard and they will cover the shipping. WHAT OTHER COMPANY WILL DO THAT????

How many times has Dillon replaced a part that broke for free, because the user didn't follow the manual?? WHAT OTHER COMPANY WILL DO THAT??? and Finally, do you have any idea how much this level of customer service cost Dillon? Quit bitch'n. Don't like Dillon's service, I'll gladly take your press of your hands.

I also have a single stage RCBS rock chucker supreme and have admittingly lost parts to them on the phone and within days ive gotten a cpl. of replacements at no charge..THEY HAVE ALSO BEEN GREAT..

But as rdsii64 says I to would be willing to but your POS 550 just send me an IM with info

"charging for replacement parts"

Did your friend buy the press with the part? No? Then he never had it. It did not come with it when he bought it... used... Why should FORD send me a spare tire when I bought the car without one even though it shipped with it.

You can't EXPECT someone to send you something you never "owned". Had it broke or wore out I'm 99.99% sure Dillon would had it in the mail the same day.

Now if you inquired about the part expecting to pay for it and then they sent for free I'd call it a win.

Sorry bro, I'm with Dillon on this one.

Tell your buddy to inspect all items before buying them.

So you purchased a used press and are blaming Dillon for a missing part?

How about blaming the guy you purchased the press from for the part being missing?

Dillon has the rep they have due to years of great customer service...hard to believe they told you T.S. but if they did? You purchased the press USED with a part missing. Maybe the part was thrown away or lost by the original owner.

Go complain to him.

I can't comment on your experience, but I use to be a Dillon dealer and a loyal customer for a long time ( only reason I'm no longer a dealer is I don't work for the company anymore). I have had several issues going back to the worn out SD I bought used to the 2 650's and 550 I have now and have NEVER had Dillon do anything but bend over backwards for me. They in my opinion are a blessing to the shooting world.

Anybody give me just ONE example of the Warranty or CS Dillon Precision has. Just one.......

Shawn

I bought my XL650 through Brian about 6 years ago. When I received it I found out that the wrong casefeed disc had inadvertently been included. It was the small size and the large is required for .45 ACP which is what the press was set up to reload. I called the Dillon CS number on a Saturday morning and the rep on the other end of the line apologized, put the correct disc in the mail immediately and instructed me to keep the original disc since it was their error.

Over the last half dozen years and 100K reloads I've broken a fair amount of parts. In at least three instances I knew for a fact that it had been my own boneheaded actions that had resulted in the breakage. On all three occasions I offered to pay for the replacement parts yet they refused. I know of no other company that stands behind their products like Dillon.

In the case being discussed here the press was used. I'm sure if the original owner had discovered a missing part it would have immediately been provided gratis. In this case, though, there is no way to know if the part was truly missing and should have been provided with the version of the press originally purchased, was added in a later upgrade or had been inadvertently lost by one of the owners. I think it is unreasonable to expect Dillon to replace it in this situation.

I have a 1050 which technically only has a one year warranty. I called to get the little split plastic feed retainer at the bottom of the primer feed tube. I wanted to pay for it, I offered and tried to pay for it and they would not let me. 3 days later there were 5 in my mail box

I expect to be purchasing 2 more 1050's during this coming year......without any hesitation.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm the third owner of my press. Dillon knows I aquired it used. I admitted it and stated that the tool head was missing a piece when I bought it and I wanted to know what it would cost to get a new one with a couple spare decapping pins sent out. The 4 word response was this:

Please send your address.

Thank you,

Dillon Precision Products, Inc.

I'm of course not counting the signature block that is probably added to every email. Looks like they're just going to send me some. Totally impressed by this company. I'm so glad I went with the sdb vs. the load master I also had an opportunity to get. Dont think you get much less bs than that. Its not a part that was upgraded later, its a part required to get the press running. I admitted to never owning that part.. and it looks like they're still going to cover it. I'll be building out the 450 frame I have with 550 parts (except for the tool head) just to keep these guys in business. Yes, I know it will cost more to build it out than to purchase a BL 550 and up grade it.

It comes down to being this simple:

If its a part that should have shipped with the press then they owe the owner a part for free.

If its a part that is the result of an upgrade after the press shipped then nothing is owed.

What is or isnt in the manual is irrelevant. Also, anyone who says the customer is always right most likely has little or no experience dealing directly with customers. Customers always think they are right and more times than not they are dead freaking wrong. Maybe it is a $4 part. I guarantee it cost > 10 times that to process and ship the part. Do that a few 100 times a year and it cuts into the bottom line.

Ive actually paid for "warranty parts" because I knew I broke it, but the company was willing to give them to me.

I am a newbie to this forum and I wanted to chime in. Some background first. I am a 20+ year user of Dillon products staring with a 550 and now 3 650's and a brand new Super 1050. I do not continue to biz with anybody if they mis treat me. Tha being said, Dillon has always taken great care of me and my screw-ups. After reading most of this thread I am struck by the supporter for Dillon and how I agree with them.

The OP is like a few customers I have in my store (I am an FFL in a one man shop.) These customers seam to think that I am in a NON-Profit organization. I also think that the tone of his OP and the title of this topic reflects the way he spoke to and dealt with Dillon's Customer Service. They are human beings and, in my experience, have NEVER done anything to warrant the tone of this topic.

In case anybody is wondering... we usually don't allow customer service issues on the forum. The basic reason why....is that there are always two sides (or more) to a story. When people post here, they are often feeling they were wronged (maybe they were, maybe they weren't) and they want to soapbox a bit by using the popularity of the forum to hurt the company.

These Dillon threads, however...they tend to take care of themselves.

- Admin.

I will NEVER buy any Progressive press that doesn't say DILLON on it. "hey I lost/broke xxxxx part, and it is completely my fault. What do I owe you for the replacement part and shipping"? 99.99% of the time the answer is NOTHING. NO BS WARRANTY. If i could afford a Camdex it would still have to fit next to my Dillons.

I only read the last page of this thread, I will probably post again once I have read the first.