Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3nd Annual AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championships

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry for the newb question but does anybody know what type of side matches they will besides the cave shoot?

Thanks,

Mike

JP Enterprises, Hear Pro, Freedom Munitions and JAB Targets are sponsoring a rifle side match at Thunder Valley. It'll be open all day Friday and Saturday (and possibly Thursday late afternoon for the RO's) Format details:

- All registered shooters get a free run with your match rifle and ammo

- You can purchase an additional run with your rifle/ammo for $5 or with a JP Enterprises rifle and 20 rnds of supplied ammo for $10

- There will be 6 steel targets from 100yds and out. Not quite sure how far, it will depend on where Gary and Nate put us. There will be targets everyone can hit along with a few differentiating targets at distance. There will be a par time of around a minute to clear the targets.

- Plaques will be awarded to the top Pro, Am and Lady shooter. Prizes TBD will be awarded to the top shooters on Sunday.

- If there's any down time, we'll have a couple of long range JP demo rifles to shoot for fun.

Come see us when you're over at Thunder Valley!

Sorry for the newb question but does anybody know what type of side matches they will besides the cave shoot?

Thanks,

Mike

JP Enterprises, Hear Pro, Freedom Munitions and JAB Targets are sponsoring a rifle side match at Thunder Valley. It'll be open all day Friday and Saturday (and possibly Thursday late afternoon for the RO's) Format details

- All registered shooters get a free run with your match rifle and ammo

- You can purchase an additional run with your rifle/ammo for $5 or with a JP Enterprises rifle and 20 rnds of supplied ammo for $10

- There will be 6 steel targets from 100yds and out. Not quite sure how far, it will depend on where Gary and Nate put us. There will be targets everyone can hit along with a few differentiating targets at distance. There will be a par time of around a minute to clear the targets.

- Plaques will be awarded to the top Pro, Am and Lady shooter. Prizes TBD will be awarded to the top shooters on Sunday.

- If there's any down time, we'll have a couple of long range JP demo rifles to shoot for fun.

Come see us when you're over at Thunder Valley!

Sounds like fun!

What all does the pro clinics entail? I am going to come and check it out. Is it more like class room stuff or will we need all our gear for it? I am not shooting the match just gonna hang out for the day.

You will not need any gear.

What all does the pro clinics entail? I am going to come and check it out. Is it more like class room stuff or will we need all our gear for it? I am not shooting the match just gonna hang out for the day.

The pros talk about Topics like shotgun loading, packing for a big match, weapon transitions, stage planning, etc. Ask a lot of questions! These guys and gals are good!

We are here; signed in, checked out the stages we shoot tomorrow, checked out a few vendors and (most importantly) met up with several old friends we only see a few times a year and had a good meal. By the size of the crowd, vendors, and general vibe of the place this is going to be the biggest and best AR15.com /Rockcastle Pro-Am 3 Gun Championship to date.

went up there today it was great. it was just unfortunate that the rain came in before we got to see David Tapp the transit is not a off road vehicle at all so we did take a chance. also want to say thanks to the stats lady's for there kindness.

the leupold tactical chap stick was cool!

Just finished up shooting the am match today. I had a great time, the ROs did an excellent job. I will defenitly try to get back next year.

The cave shoot was awesome, very different, suppressed .45s and night vision are not something you get to play with everyday.

Thanks to all the sponsors and staff, great job.

Good shooting everyone.

George

Finished shooting the match yesterday and have to say, it is still the highlight of my shooting year! Thanks to Gary and all of the staff for a smooth match! Thanks to Rockcastle and the sponsors for putting on the match! It was great to see all the people again and to shoot some great stages. Now the wait until February to register begins!

Linda, first thank you for all you! my question is when I got to talk to you, I believe that you stated wounded warriors and others like myself shot the match on Thursday, so how do request something like that next year, if I get in.

thanks

Robert