3nd Annual AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championships

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry to hear about someone's car!

First time out to this match, and it was both awesome and humbling! I botched two stages pretty bad, shot five stages at what I considered at or a little short of my ability, and one stage that I don't think I could have run much better at all if I had ten attempts at it. Got to watch some great shooters have runs that blew me away, and find out some of those shooters were human after all when they had rough runs due to equipment failure and/or non-equipment issues.

LChico and all of the staff and ROs there......thank you for all the hard work!

So when's registration for next year? :-)

Rockcastle once again has shown us they are the premier destination in the US for the shooting sports. Thank you to all the hard working staff at The Rock for treating us shooters more like family than guests.

Gary Welborn, Linda Chico and her stats team, Trapr and Dale (apologies if I got the name wrong), all the ROs- it was a very well run match thanks to the efforts of many. Thank you for volunteering your time so that we can shoot.

Joe D, AR15.com, Brownells- Thank you for supporting both the sport of 3 gun and this very unique match.

Competitors- don't forget to send an email to some of the great sponsors of this match. They need to hear how much we enjoyed both the event and their support of it.

Get well soon- Dan O and Ting!

And finally- thank you to all my extended family and friends with which I was able to spend a great weekend of shooting targets, shooting bull, and drinking a few beers. I'm looking forward to next time!

Edited by Bryan 45

One more great match by the Rockcastle team. Nick, Nate, Gary, Trapr, Dale and all the stats ladies, great job. A special thanks is in order for how well this group of folks treats their volunteer ROs. My belly stayed full and and I had a place to sleep for free. Special thanks to Hear-Pro for the rockin' hearing protection. Not only the electronics I used for shooting and ROing but especially for the solid plugs I used to sleep in the same room with Chainsaw Harris.

If you haven't been to this match, do your best to make it next year. Without a doubt you will meet some of the best folks in the shooting sports.

Well, the match was great, even if my world-renown RO work got cut short. I'm back at work now, chest X-rays were all fine, got some pretty decent painkillers out of the deal. Just scraped and bruised up pretty good, and doing pretty much anything hurts, but I suppose I'll make it. Thanks to the Rockcastle bunch, and a big thanks to whoever it was that pulled me out of the woods and made sure I wasn't CASEVAC critical. (I'm not sure who it was.... memory is a little fuzzy). I'll see some of you in a few weeks at FN!!

Dan Overcast

Self-declared winner, 2013 Pro-Am WW2 division.

Self-declared distant runner up, 2013 Pro-Am ATV Snake River Canyon Jump Challenge. :ph34r:

Edited by dcloudy777

Not only the electronics I used for shooting and ROing but especially for the solid plugs I used to sleep in the same room with Chainsaw Harris.

That's hilarious. I wore plugs for 20 hours a day, 5 days straight (as you can now appreciate) when I roomed with him at TFD.

Thanks to all the match staff & generous sponsors. I had a great time shooting with my friends and making some new ones.

The talent pool gets deeper and this match gets tighter every year, pretty much zero margin for error. Just when you think you've thrown down a decent run, there are 20 places that are separated by <0.10 seconds. I dropped a rifle shot on paper on a stage and it cost me 41 places on that stage :goof: .

Side Note..........Chad Francis (RO on Pro-8) owes me a new pair of recently stained boxer briefs!

After shooting my best, and last, stage of the match...Chad looks at me with a Hollywood-worthy sad face and says "that was a helluva run, but I've got some bad news" :surprise: This was 4-5 shooters after a squad member had been DQ'd for shooting the bumper on that 4-seater Ranger. Then without missing a beat says... "You shot the.....zip tie" and smiles. :roflol:

Devious SOB...I owe my Missouri buddy some payback! :devil:

Well, the match was great, even if my world-renown RO work got cut short. I'm back at work now, chest X-rays were all fine, got some pretty decent painkillers out of the deal. Just scraped and bruised up pretty good, and doing pretty much anything hurts, but I suppose I'll make it. Thanks to the Rockcastle bunch, and a big thanks to whoever it was that pulled me out of the woods and made sure I wasn't CASEVAC critical. (I'm not sure who it was.... memory is a little fuzzy). I'll see some of you in a few weeks at FN!!

Dan Overcast

Self-declared distant runner up, 2013 Pro-Am ATV Snake River Canyon Jump Challenge. :ph34r:

Dan was you? I heard that a RO had rolled his ATV but never could get a name.

Dan Overcast

I'm the RO that got moved from AM7(yep, was working with your twin brother) over to AM4 after your wreck. I'm glad you are OK. BTW, I enjoyed the extra shade that AM4 provided, but I do hate that you were injured. There was one squad that I worked on Friday morning on AM7 with your brother that came through to AM4 Friday afternoon. They thought Dave and I were following them. :)

Awesome match. Big thanks to everyone that helped make this match happen. Amazing prize table and it ran like clockwork all weekend. Even with a little lightning and rain.

Edited by urikagold

Thanks to everyone that made this match happen, you know who you are and I'm too tired to type after driving back to Dallas...Thanks to the sponsors, XRAIL, AR15.com, Brownells, The Shooters Source and all the others. I will shoot this match again. Thank you all again.

I took my 2 sons to watch all the great shooters, enjoy a few of the side matches and took in one of the pro clinics. It's a great event. I hope we can maybe shoot it next year. The staff at the "Rock" put on a great event. Thanks for the sponsors and their support too!

Mike

It was nice seeing everyone out at the Rock this weekend. This match is one part competition, one part kegger. I always enjoy it, maybe too much at times.

Squad 3, I would shoot with you guys anytime. We flew though the stages, even a it was pouring down rain. First time I ever left my scope caps on as I staged my rifle in a barrel, but not leaving them, my eyepiece would have just been a rain gauge.

Thanks to the Nobles, ROs, Rockcastle staff, Gary, Linda,the sponsors, and my teammates.

Gary, with great range masters Trapr and Dale, the Nobles and their awesome Rockcastle staff, the RO's who hung in there to make it happen, the workers behind the scenes, and gracious sponsors, you again out did yourself with another successful Pro-Am. I'm grateful to have been able to help and shoot the match.

Count me in again next year! These matches just keep getting better and better every year. Thanks to everyone who made it happen.

I was the British ro on Pro 2 - thanks to all the competitors who had to put up with my bad pronunciation of American names & i must remember its not "shooter" in the deep hoe ;)

The rain made me home sick & you can keep that heat , but the week was great.

A big thanks to all the ro's who made me most welcome.

David Kiddle.