3nd Annual AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championships

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just re-read rules. ..8 rounds In tube max for empty chamber staged SG

Yup-wonder how many missed the rifle ammo notes.

What did we miss?

I think Dave is referring to the "no steel jacket or core" rifle ammo.

Brings up questions about bimetal stuff from newer shooters at about every match. Question about how to check: magnet of bolt cutter....of both. Can they shoot the cheaper stuff at paper, but not at steel...etc.

What did we miss?

Brings up questions about bimetal stuff from newer shooters at about every match. Question about how to check: magnet of bolt cutter....of both. Can they shoot the cheaper stuff at paper, but not at steel...etc.

Yup

What did we miss?

Last year, any shooter found using rifle ammo that would stick to a magnet for any targets

resulted in an instant DQ :surprise:

If a magnet sticks to your rifle bullet it is a match DQ. The ROs will have magnets at every rifle stage. Don't assume your ammo will pass. Some less expensive factory rifle ammo has a bi-metal jacket so check your ammo. Last year we had five match DQs for bi-metal steel jacket ammo. We would like to have zero DQs this year.

Pass this info along to your friends.

TKS GW

Looking forward to working as range crew & shooting with the other ro's next thursday .

Not looking forward to the 4,000 mile journey :goof: to get to the Rock.

Good luck to all competitors :cheers:

feel your pain coming 5500 mi and then driving 5 hrs to get there on thur. barely shooting not r.o.ing'

hoping to just finish in top 1/2 of am. tacops.

68 yrs old

back brace titanium rods and screws fused L-3/4/5/6/. i know said u "cant" army can do anyhitng they want.

2 knee braces

if i am breathing i am shooting.

hope i die before the amex bill comes in with the ticket price on it and my wife finishes me off.

Linda Chico RULES !!!!!!!!!!!!! she is making this happen.

jjw

"Airborne Sir"

Some of you from the warmer climates may want to bring a jacket :D

Untitled_zps688064a8.jpg

After dealing with the crazy humidity and 95*+ the past two years I was THRILLED when I checked the weather the other day.

Us northerners are very excited.

I may have missed this in the rules but what is the largest size shot we can use? Thanks.

The rule set is silent on shot size. You don't need shot larger than 7 1/2 or 6 this time. Buckshot/heavy loads on close tgts that could cause a safety/damage issue will not be allowed.

Edited by GWelborn

Anyone ever had "magnetic" issues with hornady steel match? I have never used it in a match before but have had good results in testing with it this year. I was planing to bring it to the rock this year but my crazy magnet seems to want to stick to it a little. Might just be the extra strength magnet being close to the case but I'm not sure.

I am the RM, and do shoot hornady steel match and have never had an issue with it, easy check is to stand the round up and place magnet on bullet tip, and lift. If it lifts round up in air and holds it then its NO GO!!

We won't have an issue with large birdshot but please no BUCK.

I am the RM, and do shoot hornady steel match and have never had an issue with it, easy check is to stand the round up and place magnet on bullet tip, and lift. If it lifts round up in air and holds it then its NO GO!!

We won't have an issue with large birdshot but please no BUCK.

Thank you sir.

Anyone ever had "magnetic" issues with hornady steel match? I have never used it in a match before but have had good results in testing with it this year. I was planing to bring it to the rock this year but my crazy magnet seems to want to stick to it a little. Might just be the extra strength magnet being close to the case but I'm not sure.

Gary said "If a magnet sticks to your rifle bullet its a match DQ". Read post #411.

Are the side matches and pro clinics open to spectators?

I have some friends coming out who are interested in getting started in the sport. Will they be able to participate?

Yes, they are welcome to participate. There will also be a vender area at the Lodge.

Just got screwed by the Redmond, OR TSA and have to spend the entire day here now. Apparently they are the only ones in the country that feel the need to open my cases but aren't smart enough to find me in the worlds smallest airport. So I'm gonna have to bail on the ProAm damnit. Just not enough time to get my work done and get ready to leave in 3 days.

Good luck to whomever gets my spot!