Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3nd Annual AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championships

Just got screwed by the Redmond, OR TSA and have to spend the entire day here now. Apparently they are the only ones in the country that feel the need to open my cases but aren't smart enough to find me in the worlds smallest airport. So I'm gonna have to bail on the ProAm damnit. Just not enough time to get my work done and get ready to leave in 3 days.

Good luck to whomever gets my spot!

That Sucks Jesse! TSA is such a PITA!

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry to hear that Jesse. For future reference (and for anyone else traveling withg guns via airlines) at many airports you can ask that TSA agents verify the firearms (do their little explosive wipe thing and sign off on the bag) prior to it going into the baggage conveyor. This should keep subsequent TSA guys from having to cut locks and pull this kind of crap. Your current situation is the very reason I write a note to the TSA and stick it in the top layer of my bags giving my flight #'s , cell phone and my wifes cell # so there is absolutely no reason for them to do what they did to you.

Here's a post I did a while back that outlines how I travel with machine guns quite often with little or no drama.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=142249&p=1676021

-Todd

i know it's really close to match time but I was wondering when the cancellation list was last updated. On 7/12/13,I was 23rd on AM waiting list. I'm in on the PRO match, but would really just like to shoot with my friends. i've sent a couple e-mais but no reply. Any info appreciated.

Just got screwed by the Redmond, OR TSA and have to spend the entire day here now. Apparently they are the only ones in the country that feel the need to open my cases but aren't smart enough to find me in the worlds smallest airport. So I'm gonna have to bail on the ProAm damnit. Just not enough time to get my work done and get ready to leave in 3 days.

Dude don't they know who you are?

Dude don't they know who you are?

If they did he'd never get on a flight... :roflol:

WTF you flying outta Redmond fer?

Anybody know if Registration is open after 5pm on Thursday? I believe last year they closed from 5pm to 7pm, but opened back up for a few hours after 7pm. Anybody know? Thanks!

I'm in this boat too. Driving down 10 hours there's no way we'll make it before registration closes at 7pm... What do we do?

WTF you flying outta Redmond fer?

20 minute drive versus 3 hour drive

Does anyone have the round count for Amateurs?

Edit: Found it!

It's always a good idea to bring twice the ammo you think you need to any match. Remember if a magnet sticks to a rifle bullet leave it at home. Figuring 1 rd per steel and 2 per paper:

The Am rd count is rifle ~80 to 55, pistol ~110 to 90, and shot ~55 to 45.

The Pro rd count is Rifle ~100 to 75, pistol ~140 to 80, and shot ~100 to 60.

Edited by radian23

Competitor registration will be at the Rockcastle lodge during the day Thursday, August 23th, from noon until 5 PM and in the evening from 7PM until 9PM. Competitors are required to register Thursday in order to allow a prompt start on Friday morning. Registration must be completed on Thursday if at all possible - no registration Friday morning unless you get authorization in advance from Statistician Linda Chico. Friday morning registration is at 6:00 AM (and may start earlier if more than a handful of shooters wish to reisiter Friday).

Edited by radian23